Author Topic: A dedicated map for GV enthusiasts  (Read 1796 times)

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
      • http://chef561.tripod.com/chefsworld/
A dedicated map for GV enthusiasts
« on: September 30, 2014, 03:32:48 PM »
Can you keep the crater map available on the list of maps to select when entering the program or one like that please?

Since 1999, you know there is a droning sameness in strategy that is systemic to most maps, so that crater gv play helps alleviate the boredome, which is inevitable. Maybe remove the icons as viewed from planes altogether as well with the added feature of being able to dismount a tank or vehicle for recon. A tard in a plane will have to assure the gv is not friendly, as is the case in merged front line battles everywhere.
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: A dedicated map for GV enthusiasts
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 03:41:23 PM »
  Suggestion:  Set up a custom arena, with the map and all the options you like.  Then invite all your tanker friends to the party.  This is one of the things custom arenas are for.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2014, 04:11:59 PM »
I like doing about everything in AH aside from level bombing.  When Crater MA is up I usually just GV because its constant action and lots of players to shoot at and get shot by.  The occasional egg doesn't bother me.  I think it would be lightly populated as a separate arena which would defeat the reason I like it. 

Could be wrong.
AMAX  in game

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 04:38:56 PM »
BRING BACK THE TRINITY MAP PLEASE.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 04:46:21 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:55:41 AM by Skuzzy »
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 04:49:32 PM »
BRING BACK THE TRINITY MAP PLEASE.

+1
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
What you should do on the other maps is run GV base capture missions.  Gv missions are rare but to are great fun to join even though I suck at the gv side of the game.  ET ran one that there was a ton of tanks rushing in capture a base.  Super tank battle and did not have more than a nuisance attack by planes.

A lot of gv'ers spawn camp and conservative by nature that makes for good plane attack candidates because you know where they will be.

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 05:18:35 PM »
Well really a new map set would be better. Having territory to take rather than just the routine of VH & A base is shear monotonoidal. In that territory there could be more things that can be destroyed, like bridges, trees felled and stay that way till reset or time lapse,  cave entrances collapsed trapping gv's inside etc.

Why not be able to drive onto a train, that can be stopped to leave for landing, to go to an active war zone rather than "spawning" into it? There are lots of things to change the play strategy, maybe show tracks on the earth that can be followed into some enclave, or maybe into a trap or a fleeing gv through a village.

I don't know how to program or create a map or anything like that. Is there a tutorial on how to do this?
"The difference between truth and fiction is that fiction must make sense."~Twain

"Right is right even if no one is doing it. Wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it." ~St. Augustine

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2014, 06:49:45 PM »
The DA has a tank battle area. So does the TA. Host a kill the crabby type night for an hour once a week. Invite everyone in the general forum and see who shows up. Or the AvA hosts a tank battle only map from time to time. Contact them.

If you cannot start a following in the DA, why do you want Hitech to give you your own arena?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2014, 08:19:39 PM »
It isn't about "me" or me starting anything. It has to do with terrain and the unique confrontation for gv's as is provided by crater. The maps that have this are usually quite popular in their TT's provided there aren't large numbers of tards who easily fly into the area and ejaculate bombs.  :eek:

For me, the fun is marksmanship, maneuvering, and stealth combined with patience not wasted upon banal landscapes having vast distances from known spawn areas, and then come the tards like giant matriarchal morbid nannies ruining the fun. There is a lot to be said for fun. There doesn't have to be only one kind of fun as if the current genre of mappery fun are somehow sacred religious institutions and we shall not conceive of anything else.  :devil Typical stodgy human nature to dampen innovation.   :bhead

This thread was simply observing the obvious fun & involvement of a high-alt remote tank-play areas the likes of which crater has. Even then, when only tank engagements are desired, they cannot be found with good geography. The taking of those high bases is not the goal up there. I don't think we ever have as if that is fun?  It really has the most participation in one area of all the maps in any genre of the battle over the longest time of day. And we all like it so, why not create a map, trimmed to have that kind of environ permanently accessible. Maybe some new physics available as mentioned. The enthusiasm for what maps we have now would be evident by the maps being populated, if these maps and venues were attractive. Maybe I'm wrong but the gv DA is like two gunslingers in front of a saloon at 50 paces. That gets old or it would be crammed with guys in it.

There are a few maps that have these areas we go to. Like A141 and 135, I haven't seen that one lately. Then V85 on the shore etc. But these are only two nations confronting each other. I say combine a few of them reproducing these popular areas, somehow combining all 3 nations in a map on its own. How perverse and extreme is that?

It isn't about leadership to motivate here, it is about the fun the map actually provides. But you knew all that. That is why it should be about me & a huge sales effort. I can't sell a map that isn't fun in its topography and settings. Maybe you can. :salute

Offline Xavier

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 12:58:03 AM »
A tard in a plane will have to assure the gv is not friendly, as is the case in merged front line battles everywhere.

Started from the bottom...still at the bottom.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 05:58:04 AM »
I am pretty sure spawn campers would have nothing to shoot at if "tards in planes" as you call us didn't try GVs once in awhile.

Nothing more boring than spawn campers battling spawn campers.

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 09:21:35 AM »
To rob52240...... What an ugly thing to say, I guess your just too high strung.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 10:46:09 AM »
The AvA cannot get more interest than once or twice a month. They advertise prominently in the general forum. And they custom build terrains for tank on tank war.

You are leading from behind.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline c H e F

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2014, 11:58:19 AM »
The AvA cannot get more interest than once or twice a month. They advertise prominently in the general forum. And they custom build terrains for tank on tank war.

You are leading from behind.

Describe the terrain that is custom built? I've never heard of this. I don't get around much  :D