Author Topic: Shambles post - for the record  (Read 603 times)

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Shambles post - for the record
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2000, 06:47:00 PM »
HTC and its employees have bent over backwards to aid me in my particular
situation
. Travis I suspect if you deal with the source, you will find no less
support.  Avoid the generalities and ask specifics.  I am sure you are no less
deserving.    

Ronni, Pyro, Hitech,

Thanks for everything!  
------------------------
daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Snapshots
Where men become friends and friends become brothers.

[This message has been edited by daddog (edited 06-26-2000).]
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2000, 10:08:00 PM »
Damn NUTTZ!  What's wrong dude?

Is it the system, ISP, software unfriendly?

You can't play at all?

That sucks!

HT!  This man needs help!!!
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline MANDOBLE

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.terra.es/personal2/matias.s
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2000, 04:00:00 AM »
Travis, just cant understand you, unless you are a 10 years old child.
First you say in a public forum that the sim, support and documentation are of poor or very poor quality. Then you say that your post was intentionaly exagerated.
Sorry friend, but this is anything but the way to go.

If you stop and think a bit about the resources available at HTC, the conclusions are avident:
1 - The product itself is impressive. Are you able to find anything close to it??
2 - The support is amazing.
3 - The documentation and help files are more than enough.
4 - The work done in so few months is titanic.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2000, 08:03:00 AM »

Originally posted by Travis:
I have already stated, which I am sure is appreciated by those with any degree of comprehension, that my initial post was deliberately over-stated.

Appreciated by those  with any degree  of comprehension, deliberate?  Are you a toejam-stirer by nature? We're supposed to comprehend that?  You deliberately did  it? Why?  Why not a post where you don't put folks  on the defensive, makes life easier and you get more positive responses.

Originally posted by Travis:

Having spent 21 years in business myself, much in the computer software industry, PPL with instrument rating and years of experience in flt sims, I may just be well placed to help AH along ... if given the chance.

If you truly have  been in software biz that long, then shame on you!  You know that software is destined to have bugs!  You know you cannot Alpha, Beta  or load test software and detect all bugs efficiently without the software in the environment where it is used by the end user.

How dare you make brash statements like  that after  having  been in the business that long!

------------------
Ripsnort(-rip1-)
~GeschwaderKommodore~I./JG2~Richthofen~[/i]
CLICK>> JG2 INFORMATION
Panzer Group Afrika~15th Panzer Division~[/i]

I spare no class or cult or  creed,
My course is endless through the year.
I bow all heads and break all hearts,
All owe homage-I am Fear.

-------------General Patton

[This message has been edited by Ripsnort (edited 06-27-2000).]

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2000, 01:19:00 PM »

Originally posted by Yeager:
Good, lend me your version, mine is unplayable
====
Damn Nuttz,

Unplayable?  how come?

Yeager

Don't know, since the 1.03 release my joystick won't calibrate, i can't rudder a barrelroll, i barely can do a loop, my niki is reacting with worse characteristics than a goony. My time spent in a tank was getting more and more frequent. But after trying for AH to correctly calibrate the FULL swing of the joystick, peddals, and throttle without any luck, i have given up. I know many will say it's a windows problem ( from what i heard it is) but that does not solve my problem. The game does not become fun when your constantly fighting day in and day out with your controllers. when it works it's the best time i've had in online gaming, when it doesn't it's awfull frustrating. My offline plate is pretty full, and i don't have the time to fight with my controllers in AH ( BTW they work fine in every other game) My computer knowledge, althou not an expert is still pretty good, and i've custom built my home computer around AH, ( you can't get anymore dedicated than that). So until i can resolve this problem i'm out of AH. Hopefully one day i can return.

NUTTZ

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2000, 01:33:00 PM »
 I've noticed I've had to do a complete recalibration on my CH gear after every recent patch. And it had taken a few attempts at it too to get it right. I start with a couple pass thorughs on the CH JCenter utility, then Windows at least three times and finally one, maybe twice in AH. Then I'm usually ok till the next patch or my son moves any of the trim wheels. (He's three. I can't kill him yet)

-Westy

-Westy

Travis

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2000, 02:40:00 PM »
Time for another reply :-)

Helpful comments gratefully appreciated - thanks guys.

Others - well, can't help feeling that the degree of concentration on further strife is inversely proportional to what those self-appointed message board tyrants have else in life going for them. Sorry about the grammar.