Author Topic: Frame Rate dropping  (Read 1515 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Frame Rate dropping
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 03:32:50 PM »
Is it the same video card you had problems with before? 

Can you check MB temps in the BIOS and video card temps when it happens?

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 03:53:30 PM »
Is it the same video card you had problems with before?  

Can you check MB temps in the BIOS and video card temps when it happens?
No it's one TequilaChaser sent me . Been working fine . Just started this a few day's ago when the weather got hot .
Not sure if I can check the BIOS or not ?
I'm not very smart on this PC stuff .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 03:55:45 PM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 08:00:53 PM »
Most of the year I don't need heat or AC. Only 1 or 2 weeks of above 79 degree heat. When it does heat up above 85, my PC gets hot. I have the side open next to a window. I open the window and place an area fan in the window blowing directly into the open side of the PC. All temps drop, no heat problems.

Download GPU-Z from here it's free: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Run it and set it to log to file which will pop up asking where you want to save the file named: GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

Save the file where ever you will remember it's location. Run Aces High for awhile to get the bad things to happen. Then exit out of Aces High and GPU-Z. If you have MS Excel, then rename that file.

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt --->> rename to --->> GPU-Z Sensor Log.csv

Excel will be able to open this with nice neat headers and columns showing you all of your details over the time of your AH session. Or give it to Skuzzy to look at. It will show things like GPU load, total video memory being used, video card temperatures. Things like that. Might be a nugget in all of it to help figure out your FPS problem.

I've used this for years to see how my video card memory is being used by the game.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 09:57:41 PM »
OK - interesting.  I disabled vsynch.  When I have done this before (different computer) I was getting frame rates of 300+.  With this rig I got between 56 to 63.  Not good given this power.

I might uninstall and reinstall and see if that makes a difference.

Worth noting my install of Aces High is on a HDD that I imported from the old PC.  I am starting to wonder if the fresh install might be important.  Will let you know.

you dont understand that your video card can send a billion frames to your monitor but if your monitor can only display 60 than that's all it's gonna do.  I can see tearing (if you dont know what it means google it).  in other words your monitor will display a frame up until the next one is sent.  so if the video card sends 300 then it wont properly display 300 as your monitor can only display 60.

you will see wavy or "tearing" thing happening between frames.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »
Most of the year I don't need heat or AC. Only 1 or 2 weeks of above 79 degree heat. When it does heat up above 85, my PC gets hot. I have the side open next to a window. I open the window and place an area fan in the window blowing directly into the open side of the PC. All temps drop, no heat problems.

Download GPU-Z from here it's free: http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Run it and set it to log to file which will pop up asking where you want to save the file named: GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt

Save the file where ever you will remember it's location. Run Aces High for awhile to get the bad things to happen. Then exit out of Aces High and GPU-Z. If you have MS Excel, then rename that file.

GPU-Z Sensor Log.txt --->> rename to --->> GPU-Z Sensor Log.csv

Excel will be able to open this with nice neat headers and columns showing you all of your details over the time of your AH session. Or give it to Skuzzy to look at. It will show things like GPU load, total video memory being used, video card temperatures. Things like that. Might be a nugget in all of it to help figure out your FPS problem.

I've used this for years to see how my video card memory is being used by the game.

Cool bustr thanks . I well do this .

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2014, 01:43:42 AM »
you dont understand that your video card can send a billion frames to your monitor but if your monitor can only display 60 than that's all it's gonna do.  I can see tearing (if you dont know what it means google it).  in other words your monitor will display a frame up until the next one is sent.  so if the video card sends 300 then it wont properly display 300 as your monitor can only display 60.

you will see wavy or "tearing" thing happening between frames.

semp

Thanks semp.  I have a degree in computer network engineering and am fully aware of the power of my GPU and what tearing is but thanks for the condescending response.  I will post my question up in another post to stop hijacking the OP

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2014, 01:41:19 PM »
turn vsync on.

semp
Where ? can not find it .

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »
Where ? can not find it .

Open Aces High and then click 'Video Settings'.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »
Open Aces High and then click 'Video Settings'.
ok thanks

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 03:04:04 PM »
All ready off , hmmm

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »
All ready off , hmmm

Have you tried turning it on?
I know the game runs smoother for me with it on.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 04:45:42 PM »
Have you tried turning it on?
I know the game runs smoother for me with it on.

Coogan
No . Guess I try that . I don't need any trouble for FSO tonight . Have a hard time staying alive as it is .

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2014, 01:01:19 AM »
Thanks semp.  I have a degree in computer network engineering and am fully aware of the power of my GPU and what tearing is but thanks for the condescending response.  I will post my question up in another post to stop hijacking the OP

and with that degree you cant figure it out by yourself?  I dont have a degree other than what I have learned here.  but I just fixed a big problem with my computer than was lowering my fps.  I needed to clean it. if you dont like my posting you can just ignore it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 08:09:29 AM »
and with that degree you cant figure it out by yourself?  I dont have a degree other than what I have learned here.  but I just fixed a big problem with my computer than was lowering my fps.  I needed to clean it. if you dont like my posting you can just ignore it.

semp

You know what semp - the beauty of the Internet is people can ask questions and maybe get responses from people who have come across the same situation i.e. help each other.  If I don't like your posting I can just ignore it.  If you don't like being called out for being condescending then maybe you could not be.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 08:26:08 AM »
Gentlemen, please leave emotions at the door.  This is the "Technical Support" forum. 
If have a question, ask it.  If you have an answer then provide it.  If it needs to be discussed, then keep it civil and respectful as any other approach is not going to help anyone.

Thank you.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com