Author Topic: Name that WW2 Thing  (Read 17824 times)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
Re: Name that WW2 Thing
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 04:04:56 PM »
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 04:11:02 PM »
how about this contraption?

The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 04:23:11 PM »
how about this contraption?

Bat bomb :D

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 05:27:47 PM »
Bat bomb :D
Waging war was so much more fun before PETA.  :D
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 05:42:24 PM »
"Think of Tetris as a metaphor for life:  You spend all your time trying to find a place for your long thin piece, then when you finally do, everything you've built disappears"

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 05:53:17 PM »
russian anti-tank dog :confused: but i think it's coalcat's turn to post up

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 08:10:43 PM »
Easy one
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:13:54 PM by Coalcat1 »

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:00 PM »
Crazy when I look at the post i see a krupp model k 44 but when I went to reply I see the funny swamp boat on skis..
Now that I posted it changed to the correct picture.

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:50 PM »
Crazy when I look at the post i see a krupp model k 44 but when I went to reply I see the funny swamp boat on skis..
Well, it said the damn name on the pic, was too easy.

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 08:32:37 PM »
Didn't know about the anti tank dogs till today. Pretty messed up, but you do what you gotta do.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 08:33:54 PM »
Well, it said the damn name on the pic, was too easy.

Yeah, ya gotta watch that.

Look at the image info on this one:

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 08:37:32 PM »
 :rofl
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2014, 01:34:25 AM »
Didn't know about the anti tank dogs till today. Pretty messed up, but you do what you gotta do.

If you read more into them you will see it didnt work as expected!   The dogs were trained to be fed and/or find food under a tank that was running,problem was the dogs prefered the sound of their own tanks! :O

The Ruskies should have used German tanks to train the dogs!

:salute

Offline Cthulhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »

If you read more into them you will see it didnt work as expected!   The dogs were trained to be fed and/or find food under a tank that was running,problem was the dogs prefered the sound of their own tanks! :O

The Ruskies should have used German tanks to train the dogs!

:salute
Apparently it was more the smell than the sound. The Russian tanks were diesel's, whereas the panzers ran on gasoline. With all the dogs running back to their handlers when spooked, I'm guessing nearly as many were shot by the Russians as the Germans. The real losers were definitely the dogs.

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: October 17, 2014, 10:39:45 AM »
what is this one? (hopefully this one lasts a little longer than the 5 minutes I have been getting)

-Skuzzy 5/18/17