Author Topic: Bullying within AH  (Read 3343 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: Bullying within AH
« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2014, 02:28:53 PM »
I am working on it.  Way way way better than I used to be--but giving Midway jazz is a tradition around here...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 02:31:57 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2014, 03:47:02 PM »
I prefer the fight fire with fire approach. Never fire first... always fire last and with 10x more force. Most people are so blind-sided by it that they often think they're the victim and then hypocritically cry for help.

This doesn't help the problem. :bhead
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2014, 03:53:57 PM »
SkyRock<----owns bullies...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2014, 03:59:59 PM »
I was there this morning and Fess s dead on.......and may I add handled it like a gentleman, as did the person that the PM was sent to....and spoke up for himself on 200 when the little coward PMd him.....you both have my utmost respect.

That said, if I was a new player and saw the BS that's this person was spouting (more true "Bullying"than smack talk)
I would have second thought my future here. Last thing I want to do is deal with that when I'm trying to have fun and relax on my down time, and seeing how this moron was acting, my $14.95 would have probably been out the door. I have to deal with idiots in real life, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for that privilege on my time off.

Oh, and it's not being over sensitive, it's not wanting to have to deal with such an idiot......or worse watching an idiot utterly brow beat an otherwise decent guy just wanting to have fun like me

All that said, I'm not going to just "detune 200". I have a hell of a lot more right to be there than that idiot. Personally I like to do things that I feel may help the game or another player. Not go out of my way to make someone else miserable or disrespected. M

Was an absolutely shameful display, and Fess should be commended not mocked in any way.  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 04:54:00 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2014, 04:40:15 PM »
SkyRock<----owns bullies...  :aok

You gave me pure grief 1st week I played this game
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2014, 04:44:46 PM »
Zack just bullied my bombers  :cry
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2014, 04:56:39 PM »
I understand the .squelch and .report options.

I was not the direct victim in this instance - I was trying to defend that victim.  The bully told me to mind my own business.

As has been said, detune 200 or ignoring the guy simply means his bullying ways continue.  I simply made a stance in game and now on the forum to say to that player his attitude should not be welcome.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2014, 04:59:10 PM »
I understand the .squelch and .report options.

I was not the direct victim in this instance - I was trying to defend that victim.  The bully told me to mind my own business.

As has been said, detune 200 or ignoring the guy simply means his bullying ways continue.  I simply made a stance in game and now on the forum to say to that player his attitude should not be welcome.

But it is okay when...

Ah nevermind.

Far too much of this around, including the obvious perpetrator further back in the thread who calls it a tactic.  "When are you going to learn that the objective in here is to humiliate people?"  :headscratch:

Bravo for saying something THIS time any way.  :salute
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 05:43:58 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 05:10:24 PM »
Since when is it the object of this game to humiliate people?
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 05:22:16 PM »
A player-based ostracization campaign to root out the bad apples in the community will go a long way toward new player (and returning player) retention.

All of you guys that have been here a long time need to speak up on 200 and shut these cats down, or at the very least show the silent onlookers that the behavior is deviant from what the expected AH norm is.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 05:38:03 PM »
All of you guys that have been here a long time need to speak up on 200 and shut these cats down,

As if that would ever work... No one will "shut up", just because another 12 guys are telling him so. (Remember how well that worked with Mama war?)
It's just adding more fuel to the fire and turning it into a mud wrestle arena.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2014, 05:42:53 PM »

As if that would ever work... No one will "shut up", just because another 12 guys are telling him so. (Remember how well that worked with Mama war?)

True.  Stood up for Skyrock the other day.  People just piled on to the few of us saying chill out...

Ignoring them is a great option.  Having mass .reports and urging Skuzzy to mute them for a loooooooong time would be a start.
”KILLER V”
The Damned

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2014, 05:44:17 PM »

Had you bothered to utilize the entirety of my statement....  :rolleyes:

When some amazinhunk noodles off at the mouth on 200, and there is zero public derision of the behavior, a new or returning player see that's the behavior is acceptable based upon that lack of response.

220 people online and NO one says anything?  

Players that ACT like this see that the behavior is acceptable and not apparently punished.  Players that wish to AVOID such behavior see that it is acceptable and not apparently punished.

Guess which ones stay and guess which ones leave?

Cultivate a cesspool, live in a cesspool.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2014, 05:45:06 PM »

That said, if I was a new player and saw the BS that's this person was spouting (more true "Bullying"than smack talk)
I would have second thought my future here. Last thing I want to do is deal with that when I'm trying to have fun and relax on my down time

Yup. Took me forever to join the squad I'm currently in because i saw my future CEO smack-talking someone else. That sort of thing doesn't make for a happy atmosphere and I commend anyone who stands up to bullying.
Some of you are saying that the issue should have been handled privately. I can't agree. We need a public forum for this type of complaint or the game culture will degrade.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2014, 06:06:53 PM »
You gave me pure grief 1st week I played this game
grief as in I owned you with extreme ease and bountifulness?

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"