Author Topic: Let's talk Drones  (Read 2477 times)

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Let's talk Drones
« on: October 18, 2014, 05:59:53 PM »
With new drones rolling out it seems by the week for new and more complex tasks and purposes, it's been a common topic around 'hese parts talking about drones replacing pilots.

I figured we could all discuss our stances on them...

Here's my 2¢

Reconnaissance: Absolutely

Air to Ground Attack: Neutral on this point

Air to Air Combat: Never
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Let's talk Drones
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 07:24:02 PM »
Beer Delivery service: YES PLEASE

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 08:15:17 PM »
Air to Ground Attack: Neutral on this point

Air to Air Combat: Never

Why? Does it strike you as unsporting that we dont put your neighbors kid at risk of being blown to pieces? Maybe captured, tortured, and beheaded?

I for one dont care how we kill the enemy as long as they end up dead. There's nothing more pathetic then when we give a bunch of civilians a vote in the rules of engagement in a war they, or their kids, aren't fighting.

Ive talked to these troops coming back from I-crap and I-crapistan. They are just disgusted with these ROE's the couch warriors are forcing upon them.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2014, 08:25:23 PM »
The bad guys don't follow any rules and neither should we.  The more terrible you make war, the sooner it will be over.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2014, 08:32:23 PM »

Why? Does it strike you as unsporting that we dont put your neighbors kid at risk of being blown to pieces? Maybe captured, tortured, and beheaded?

I for one dont care how we kill the enemy as long as they end up dead. There's nothing more pathetic then when we give a bunch of civilians a vote in the rules of engagement in a war they, or their kids, aren't fighting.

Ive talked to these troops coming back from I-crap and I-crapistan. They are just disgusted with these ROE's the couch warriors are forcing upon them.
Kill the enemy.... but do not hate them (unless it's ISIS, hating is open there)
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2014, 09:00:39 PM »

Kobane Syria today , cool photos on Dailymail, what a fireworks party, drones are too small for big jobs like this; :lol

Love this photo:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2798266/raining-fire-isis-amazing-picture-captures-moment-u-s-bomb-lands-heart-kobani-kurdish-leader-warns-airstrikes-not-defeat-jihadists.html

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 09:04:45 AM »
The bad guys don't follow any rules and neither should we.  The more terrible you make war, the sooner it will be over.

I'm pretty sure that's what the Nazis said...
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 11:10:49 AM »
Kobane Syria today , cool photos on Dailymail, what a fireworks party, drones are too small for big jobs like this; :lol

Love this photo:

(Image removed from quote.)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2798266/raining-fire-isis-amazing-picture-captures-moment-u-s-bomb-lands-heart-kobani-kurdish-leader-warns-airstrikes-not-defeat-jihadists.html
This is an outrage! indiscriminate bombing in civilian areas.
Just wait till the UN, Humans Rights Watch, Doctors Without Borders, Cocker Spaniel relief, Humans Left Wristwatch, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan hear about this!
 :mad:
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
This is an outrage! indiscriminate bombing in civilian areas.
Just wait till the UN, Humans Rights Watch, Doctors Without Borders, Cocker Spaniel relief, Humans Left Wristwatch, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan hear about this!
 :mad:

:lol  Ain't that the truth.  Tell it like it is Bozon
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 11:27:07 AM »
... drones are too small for big jobs like this; :lol

Current generation, yes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAiZ6SS2oSA
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 01:05:34 PM »
I'm pretty sure that's what the Nazis said...

Intentionally targeting and executing civilians is not war, just plain murder.  The Allies were guilty of this during WWII, but bombing cities to destroy factories and infrastructure is hardly equivalent to concentration camp genocide. 

Our modern enemy is clothed as civilians and hides among them.  Collateral casualties in large numbers may be necessary to kill all the jihadists.  Tippy-toeing around has never worked.  It only sometimes shuts them up for a while.  The enemy holds no regard for their own populace, much less ours and gets their jollies killing innocents.  They are playing for keeps and the only way they will back down is by getting crushed on an unprecedented scale.  I don't mean break out the nukes, but unload everything else at them until they beg for mercy.  There is no diplomatic solution, so long as political correctness and the court of world opinion continues to appease them - even to the extent of letting them force their views and rules in our countries.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2014, 01:19:07 PM »
Our modern enemy is clothed as civilians and hides among them.  Collateral casualties in large numbers may be necessary to kill all the jihadists. 

And this is actually something they are hoping for.
Because it's a very old guerilla strategy that worked before. Don't worry about the civillians that will suffer from the enemy's retaliation strikes - it will radicalize them (and hopefully public opinion in other countries) and not a few will join your ranks or support you in other ways.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
Drones of today may be too small. But nothing stopping anyone from making a full sized aircraft a drone. The could probably convert any full sized aircraft into a drone already for that matter.

And the upside is they could design aircraft that can exceed human tolerances. when you dont have to worry about the effects of Gs on a human body
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2014, 01:51:23 PM »
The bad guys don't follow any rules and neither should we.  The more terrible you make war, the sooner it will be over.

How terrible is war when you can zap your enemies while sitting comfortably thousands of miles away? Having such advanced technology seems to me to make war a lot easier and thus makes us much more prone to starting them.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2014, 02:15:24 PM »
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."