Author Topic: Not Getting The Performance I Hoped For  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: Not Getting The Performance I Hoped For
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 09:06:01 AM »
It is not the machine, it is the graphic card which handles 100% of the environmental mapping.  Takes a bunch of video RAM and video card bandwidth to do this in real time.
The problem is, if you crank up AA and max the shadow sizes, along with full environmental mapping, you can max out 4GB of video RAM pretty quickly, in which case, it is not going to matter how fast the video card is.

Oh, SLI performance sucks, in Aces High, due to the poor SLI profile NVidia supplies for the game.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »
It is not the machine, it is the graphic card which handles 100% of the environmental mapping.  Takes a bunch of video RAM and video card bandwidth to do this in real time.
The problem is, if you crank up AA and max the shadow sizes, along with full environmental mapping, you can max out 4GB of video RAM pretty quickly, in which case, it is not going to matter how fast the video card is.

Oh, SLI performance sucks, in Aces High, due to the poor SLI profile NVidia supplies for the game.

Ah.  That would explain that. :)  So, what machine would need to be built to run AH at absolute maximum? :headscratch:

EDIT: I forgot to mention, AH at absolute max during an FSO take off. :D
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 03:23:49 PM by Volron »
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2014, 08:31:58 PM »
Just leave environmental mapping off. Problem solved. Why assume any current machine should run the game with full settings?