Author Topic: About the Strats  (Read 1484 times)

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
About the Strats
« on: November 06, 2014, 03:00:45 PM »
make the Strat factories huge so that carpet bombing in mass formations is the only way to get serious damage onto them  :cheers:

and then maybe we can see more of this
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: About the Strats
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 04:31:29 PM »
If they were also moved close to the front lines and had vehicle spawns into them, +1.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 06:23:28 PM »
The central strats had been a great mass mission target. Now every target left takes only 1-2 bombers to be smashed thorougly.
My only hope is the current setup with it's many flaws will be significanlty corrected after the next update. That's the only reason I'm still here.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 07:24:48 PM »
I believe this could be fixed very easily.

1.) HQ strat needs to be buffed up. Defences and down load.
2.) IF the strats are going to be close to the front lines, add friendly GV spawns INTO the strats. If this was to be added, the DT for the strats should be extended.
3.) On the smaller maps. Group all the strats into one big manufacturing area behind our "Big 3" red bases. Beef up the auto-ack and allow radar to be extended to about 50 miles.

Just things that could be done.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 08:02:32 PM »
Spreading out they layout of each strat, could make it so it would require a lone set or two to make at least few passes.  As is, it's easy to make 1-2 passes as a lone set to do a lot of damage.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 08:18:45 PM »
Even a medium bomber as The B-25C with 6x500lbs can take down 25% of a factory in one pass and this takes away any need of large bomber formations. And a few slow firing 37mm guns at the factories is not exactly frightening. Having all strats in the city was a better and motivated to big bomber raids that could add another dimension to the game with some high altitude fighing and bomber interception.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 10:56:16 PM »
I dong think the Strats ever should've been separated in the first place.

+1
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 11:31:09 PM »
Well to be fair - the new terrain engine should give you hope :)
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 11:54:57 PM »
Even a medium bomber as The B-25C with 6x500lbs can take down 25% of a factory in one pass and this takes away any need of large bomber formations. And a few slow firing 37mm guns at the factories is not exactly frightening. Having all strats in the city was a better and motivated to big bomber raids that could add another dimension to the game with some high altitude fighing and bomber interception.

25%? try 70%. A single 110G can knock down 20% of a Strat.

I like the Idea of 2 sets of strats. A main Centralized Strats which surrounds the city, than strats that are separated and closer to the Front lines.

Jabo missions attack Strat Factories are actually very fun, but with the centralized strats its pretty tough because of the heavily armed AAA towers that are present.
See Rule #4

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 05:29:45 AM »
i disliked the idea of all the strats bunched up i would like to see them still spaced out but the amount of actual factory buildings see a HUGE increase as to make sure only big bomber raids/b29s can do any serious damage to them
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 08:31:40 AM »
It is BETTER that the strats are split up. It gives more aircraft the chance to be a part of the "hammer strats" strategy.  Previously, when the strats were bunched up in one big package the only way to get the job done with any chance of survival was to get to 25,000+ altitude.  Now, the "hit-n-run" attack is very much alive. The low altitdue fast movers can get in and deal a blow and get out. Aircraft like the Mossi FB Mk IV, 1100-G-2, etc, etc, now all have extra worth.   
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 09:57:01 AM »
It is BETTER that the strats are split up. It gives more aircraft the chance to be a part of the "hammer strats" strategy.  Previously, when the strats were bunched up in one big package the only way to get the job done with any chance of survival was to get to 25,000+ altitude.  Now, the "hit-n-run" attack is very much alive. The low altitdue fast movers can get in and deal a blow and get out. Aircraft like the Mossi FB Mk IV, 1100-G-2, etc, etc, now all have extra worth.   

It's more than just very much alive it's like the primary method we see.

It's using time better, since they're split who would rather climb to 25K when their competition is 20K below and closing faster on target.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 11:04:34 AM »
Yes, make the strats very large and keep them seperated.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2014, 11:37:02 AM »
It's more than just very much alive it's like the primary method we see.

It's using time better, since they're split who would rather climb to 25K when their competition is 20K below and closing faster on target.

Thing is, the guys who want to go to 25k+ can still do so and nothing has changed for them save for the size of the target. Instead of making a few passes over the same complex, they mey need to go a few sectors and hit another factory, but all in all the current set up is better for all, imo. 
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2014, 11:56:44 AM »
Thing is, the guys who want to go to 25k+ can still do so and nothing has changed for them save for the size of the target. Instead of making a few passes over the same complex, they mey need to go a few sectors and hit another factory, but all in all the current set up is better for all, imo. 

I have yet to find a word in the English language that would help me to express how much I disagree with this.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman