Author Topic: Who...  (Read 4130 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Who...
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2014, 04:09:46 PM »
Only for you semp, not the top 9 players in fighter scores. The top most used planes by the highest scores in fighter are:
262- over 465 kills total
K4
Temp
P51
F4U4
La7
190D

Which unmistakably just so happen to be the fastest planes in the game.

I would get that in a zero by myself.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2014, 04:16:12 PM »
Rubbish! A faster plane can slow down to make the kill. A slower plane cannot invent speed it does not have.

By stating a faster plane can slow down, you just proved my point.

It is not the speed of a fast aircraft that helps it kill, as it would not need to slow down. All speed does is allow the aircraft to survive better than a slower aircraft would. Slower aircraft in general have better wing loading and therefore lose less airspeed during maneuvering, providing more maneuverability and more stable guns platforms.

A perfect example of this is an LA-7 vs an Me-262. Given equal pilots, the LA-7 will almost always have more kills and better accuracy, yet it is slower. This is because maneuverability is the key to getting kills, not speed. Speed simply dictates tactics; without maneuverability (which is inversely related to airspeed above corner speed, as a general rule), all of the airspeed in the world is useless.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 04:37:26 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2014, 04:46:15 PM »
By stating a faster plane can slow down, you just proved my point.

It is not the speed of a fast aircraft that helps it kill, as it would not need to slow down. All speed does is allow the aircraft to survive better than a slower aircraft would. Slower aircraft in general have better wing loading and therefore lose less airspeed during maneuvering, providing more maneuverability and more stable guns platforms.

A perfect example of this is an LA-7 vs an Me-262. Given equal pilots, the LA-7 will almost always have more kills and better accuracy, yet it is slower. This is because maneuverability is the key to getting kills, not speed. Speed simply dictates tactics; without maneuverability (which is inversely related to airspeed above corner speed, as a general rule), all of the airspeed in the world is useless.

Skyyr is right, though this doesn't apply to all players.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2014, 04:47:19 PM »
turn fighting in a 262 is fun
G3-MF

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2014, 05:16:41 PM »
Only for you semp, not the top 9 players in fighter scores. The top most used planes by the highest scores in fighter are:
262- over 465 kills total
K4
Temp
P51
F4U4
La7
190D

Which unmistakably just so happen to be the fastest planes in the game.

The 152 isn't fast  :bolt:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2014, 05:40:17 PM »
Agreed.

The scoring system is slanted heavily towards encouraging turn fighting as opposed to other tactics.

As others have already said: It's very much the opposite. If you really want to get to fighter rank number one without actually being the best of the best, try flying a hard hitting high speed monster plane.
Very few players would be able to get to #1 by using a relatively slow, but 'turny' plane, where often your fight ends by your opponent speeding away in his Pony or LA  or you are getting picked off. A fast monster plane allows you to rush in, kill, then race away looking for the next victims. This allows you to keep up your kills/sortie and kills/hour. Planes like the Pony (yes, I'm serious), Tempest, Me 262 and so on are perfect for this.

With something like a Tempest, you can swoop through a furball or smash a Jabo raid and harvest half a dozen kills while staying almost untouchable the whole time.
Of course there's also a good dose of skill required still, but much less than doign the same thing in a slow turner.

I have been ranked #1 fighter 8 times in my AH career. Each time, without exception, it only happened because I was flying almost exclusively monsters like that - Me 262, Me 163, Tempest. No way I would ever be ranked #1 in something like a Zero or even Spit 8.
There are players capable of pulling that off, but it's only a very tiny minority... perhaps like 10-20 at most?

« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:43:24 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2014, 06:13:30 PM »
Skyyr is right, though this doesn't apply to all players.

False, skill is always the determining factor.. regardless of the tool being used.. so if you fly like a flea-infested baboon, your results will reflect that  
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2014, 06:53:09 PM »
It's actually harder to get kills in a faster plane
:rofl  that is exactly why all the air forces of the world were trying to make their planes faster... to make the killing harder!  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2014, 06:54:53 PM »
As others have already said: It's very much the opposite. If you really want to get to fighter rank number one without actually being the best of the best, try flying a hard hitting high speed monster plane.
Very few players would be able to get to #1 by using a relatively slow, but 'turny' plane, where often your fight ends by your opponent speeding away in his Pony or LA  or you are getting picked off. A fast monster plane allows you to rush in, kill, then race away looking for the next victims. This allows you to keep up your kills/sortie and kills/hour. Planes like the Pony (yes, I'm serious), Tempest, Me 262 and so on are perfect for this.

With something like a Tempest, you can swoop through a furball or smash a Jabo raid and harvest half a dozen kills while staying almost untouchable the whole time.
Of course there's also a good dose of skill required still, but much less than doign the same thing in a slow turner.

I have been ranked #1 fighter 8 times in my AH career. Each time, without exception, it only happened because I was flying almost exclusively monsters like that - Me 262, Me 163, Tempest. No way I would ever be ranked #1 in something like a Zero or even Spit 8.
There are players capable of pulling that off, but it's only a very tiny minority... perhaps like 10-20 at most?

Welp, there you have it folks. He understands what I am trying to  say.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2014, 07:12:11 PM »
:rofl  that is exactly why all the air forces of the world were trying to make their planes faster... to make the killing harder!  :aok

To lessen their deaths maybe. Listen to german pilot's opinions on the 262, they often mention how hard it was to line up a shot.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline TW9

• Silver Member
      • http://www.tedwilliams.com
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2014, 07:42:03 PM »
To lessen their deaths maybe. Listen to german pilot's opinions on the 262, they often mention how hard it was to line up a shot.

German pilots had trouble lining up shots anyways by then. Most of their good pilots were already dead by the time the 262 came out.
Quote from: sax
The community lacks personality , thank #@# for TW9 or
there would'nt even be anyone --------- left .
Quote from: Krusty
Edit2: BAN the ass-hat. That's not skuzzy, that's a tard named TW9

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
:rofl  that is exactly why all the air forces of the world were trying to make their planes faster... to make the killing harder!  :aok

You neglect to mention how things like missiles, radar and automation help negate the difficulties.... but I'm sure that's just an oversight on your part. Or that the actual knife fighting speeds jets engage at are below their maximum speed..
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 07:52:32 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2014, 07:54:42 PM »
You neglect to mention how things like missiles, radar and automation help negate the difficulties.... but I'm sure that's just an oversight on your part. Or that the actual knife fighting speeds jets engage at are below their maximum speed..

During WWII lol.  As in, like, this game.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2014, 07:55:40 PM »
keyword from SkyRock was were....lets not bring Fighter Jet talk up in here or Mace is going to put everyone in their place.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2014, 07:56:44 PM »

That makes Grizzs accomplishments even better.  His months, what, 22, and always in fighter mode.  Lots of 262 sorties but mostly K4 and 152
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba