Author Topic: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol
« on: November 24, 2014, 09:17:53 PM »
Just some quick and ugly video. I took the raw AHF film, converted it to AVI, and simply uploaded...the quality is horrible, very very horrible, and I couldnt get sound or any views to be activated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w7aRIezRbQ

I might get flamed for this.

Just take it easy on me :banana:

As for a question, how do I get better videos, I KNOW I could use Fraps and record the film viewer but I gotta payyyy...and that's something I dont wanna do, really. But I'll give in if I have to.

So, umm..yeah. That's all. Baiiii
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: K4 Test.....Need Obvious help....lol
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 09:30:08 PM »
Download MSI Afterburner.   It'll record the film viewer just fine and is free.   Decent quality too.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »
There are check boxes on the right side of the film viewer, check the one that says "Use recorded views." If you use a hat switch then it will track which direction the head was looking, but not it's position relative to the airplane. If you are using TrackIR then it doesn't record anything. You can select a certain plane to target using TAB then follow it by pressing something else... but for the life of me I can't remember what the second button was.

As for sound, it should play by itself. It's possible that there is a bug with the film viewer which is keeping you from hearing them (probably wouldn't be the first time). It could also be the codec you used for converting.

It's also worth noting that even if you play with low graphics, turning them up before opening film viewer will change the settings that the film viewer renders it's shots. Even if you PC is a low end one, when you convert the video to an AVI you should get a pretty decent film out of it.

As for the external recording programs, I don't use them for a host of reasons, the biggest being that no matter what I use the film comes out butchered, choppy and unusable. The problem is that my hardware is too old and was never meant perform tasks like those.I just convert to an AVI because it works around my computers short comings (though it does take quite a bit of time to render out). I use Cinepak Codec by Radius when converting and it's consistently smooth.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 10:03:42 PM »
You could try bandicam

Also as noted...before opening the film viewer jump in offline mode and turn up the graphics..shut down aces and the film viewer will show things full graphics...just remember to change it all back when you go back in game to play.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 10:06:26 PM by SPKmes »

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 10:12:16 PM »
Download MSI Afterburner.   It'll record the film viewer just fine and is free.   Decent quality too.

Will do.

And I will change the version to use max graphics tonight, and will use the convert to AVI method again. To get better quality using this method do I change the size in the drop-down menu when converting to AVI?
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:24:43 PM »
Lol here is the second try, there is a bug with the film viewer so ignore the misplacement of some objects, and for some reason there's only 52 seconds of the video recorded.

I will try for a third time on this same tape tomorrow, to finish this one.

The quality is much improved..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1MBrEWyI1c&feature=youtu.be

P.S the views moving to the left are from me using the directional arrow keys to move my head position around. This is when I was using a mouse and keyboard to fly just over a week ago.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 03:46:09 PM »

Just take it easy on me :banana:

As for a question, how do I get better videos, I KNOW I could use Fraps and record the film viewer but I gotta payyyy...and that's something I dont wanna do, really. But I'll give in if I have to.

So, umm..yeah. That's all. Baiiii

Try loilo.  http://loilo.tv/us/product/game_recorder

This is what blade recommend. Real great. A lot less memory intensive.
But recently have been using shadow play
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 11:42:13 PM »
Gonna get me a leet 'puter for Christmas me thinks won't have to worry about all that lag when recording for a video. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

What do you all suggest for a desktop? :noid
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:44:08 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 11:53:27 PM »
How much do you have to spend?

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2014, 11:56:04 PM »
How much do you have to spend?

350 w/ my own money. I will have some, "assistance" if need be ^____^

I'm not looking to spend it all though.

Edit: with 350 I'm screwed aren't I
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:57:57 PM by Someguy63 »
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 03:13:24 AM »
What ever you do end up buying, DO NOT get suckered into the protection plans and software packages they will offer you, Its how they make most of their money. Once you get the machine I recommend downloading PCDecrapifier to get rid of all the trial crap that gets loaded onto machines and than using Ninite to get software  such as Microsoft security essentials, ITunes, Malwarebytes etc. Don't subscribe to Mcafee or Norton, both are terrible programs that hog resources and do virtually nothing to protect you computer. Security essentials(Windows Defender in 8 OS) is really all you need and its free. The Beauty of Ninite.com is it will Install all the "standard" free software in one go without the possibility of added toolbars and other trial nonsense.

For $600-700(pretty mid range) I'm sure you can find something that can run AH at fairly high settings and be pretty decent with video editing, but if your looking for a real "Gaming Rig" it'll be more like a grand. From my experience the mid ranged machines with AMD processors usually get better video cards than their Intel counterparts, but I'm not sure if this is still the case.
See Rule #4

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2014, 04:32:58 AM »
A good gaming rig will cost you a tad more than a grand. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »

Not necessarily looking for a gaming rig I don't think.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2014, 08:26:52 AM »

You can build one that will run AH for under 500$. Heck just add a graphics card to a toaster and your set.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 08:28:49 AM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2014, 08:33:29 AM »
You can build one that will run AH for under 500$. Heck just add a graphics card to a toaster and your set.

I will need your help. :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-