Author Topic: About the Strats  (Read 1482 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: About the Strats
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2014, 02:08:27 AM »
Centralise the big strats for strategic bombing raids

Bring back Depots...... ( played with for a short time during AH1) for local tactical resource attrition.
Ludere Vincere

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2014, 06:23:09 PM »
I notice the new trains don't fire at the cons blowing them up........or only fire very rarely.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 04:24:09 AM »
I have yet to find a word in the English language that would help me to express how much I disagree with this.
Rubbish !!!!
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Lucifer

• Probation 9/1/2017
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2014, 04:47:08 PM »
+1 !

make the Strat factories huge so that carpet bombing in mass formations is the only way to get serious damage onto them  :cheers:

and then maybe we can see more of this (Image removed from quote.)

" Army Of Wolves "

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2014, 08:57:41 AM »
+1 !

I've often thought that doubling the size of city and factory(s), and halving the hardness of the OBJ would be the way to go.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2014, 09:20:48 AM »
I've often thought that doubling the size of city and factory(s), and halving the hardness of the OBJ would be the way to go.

Yeah I really hate the new setup.

When you lose even a base within 1-2 sectors of ANY factory consider it useless.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2014, 12:03:48 PM »
Yeah I really hate the new setup.

When you lose even a base within 1-2 sectors of ANY factory consider it useless.

I dont mind that so much, I think the current situating of the factories is good. It allows for more types of aircraft to be used to hammer the strats. I just think that perhaps if the targets were larger, with hardness setting lighter, that even more aircraft would be used on a more consistant basis.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »

Doesn't even need to go that far.
On some maps, the factories sit at the actual frontline, even directly in front of an enemy high alt base (smpizza) and are absolutely indefensible, for example against a NOE con. I have almost entirely given up trying to defend them, I can get kills there, but in the end it's utter pointless. They are going to be down, no matter what, affecting the whole country for hours. I have aslo largely given up attacking them, which I actually did much more than defending.

And whats even worse is the inbalance in placement. On country having a key factory like AA a safe distance back or covered by a Komet base, while another has the very same up front and on the edge of the map.

At the same time, we know lack a larger target that's actually worth putting a big raid together.

It's a travesty. If it really were about giving targets for medium ranged bombers, additional targets with a more regional impactg (zone) would have been the way to go.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 12:23:07 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2014, 12:39:09 PM »
Many hope the strat in some special incarnation will attract unnamed players to put up missions to feed their need to predate on groups of bombers. Rarely does that really happen. Where ever and however the strat are presented, the individual bomber pilot has a target if he wants to make the investment. Seems even our bomber pilots are finicky about where they want to poop or expose themselves to predation.

This decade long conversation is predicated on unnamed players doing things the participants are sure they will be attracted to by getting the right configuration and placement of strats. The voices that simply want a target of some specification tailored to their idiosyncrasy are understandable in any game of this kind. The ones arguing over what the "Just Right" strat configuration is, as an enticement for unnamed players to expose themselves to become their victims. Seem to never look at the target from their victims perspective in it's configuration as bait.

Ever ask yourselves what the average, lazy, semi game skilled player wants to go bomb as a strat? I doubt it.  
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »
. The ones arguing over what the "Just Right" strat configuration is, as an enticement for unnamed players to expose themselves to become their victims. Seem to never look at the target from their victims perspective in it's configuration as bait.

Good thing then I haveily did both all the time, attacking the central strats as well as defending them. :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 01:14:58 PM »
Ever ask yourselves what the average, lazy, semi game skilled player wants to go bomb as a strat? I doubt it.  

The biggest thrill for me is to shoot down, legitimately, an ENY 5-10 fighter while in a ENY 30+ fighter, and to deliver a substantial amount of damage to a strat target in a Mossi Mk IV, Ju88's, or He111's, AND make it back alive.   :aok   :D

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 03:30:55 PM »
You are only speaking about your feelings. Just like everyone feels the way they think the strats should be configured and laid out will attract everyone else because they feel good about their own ideas.

Once again for the 98% of players who don't populate these forums.

That question is the source of why much of the time you gents think HiTech is crazy for not listening to you. You don't ask the same questions he does about the other 98%. You guys are convinced you know what is good for them because you are thinking up the idea.  
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
You are only speaking about your feelings. Just like everyone feels the way they think the strats should be configured and laid out will attract everyone else because they feel good about their own ideas.

Once again for the 98% of players who don't populate these forums.

That question is the source of why much of the time you gents think HiTech is crazy for not listening to you. You don't ask the same questions he does about the other 98%. You guys are convinced you know what is good for them because you are thinking up the idea.  

Actually, my "feelings" are quite tertiary when it comes to my suggestions in AH. As the strats are now, more planes are being used to hammer them unlike when they were centrally located. Hard to argue against the game play benefit of that. 

If I were to bring in my emotions like a errant padawan, I'd damn the La7, P51D, Spit 16, 109K-4, A20, and every other knee jerk arcade plane in AH. I'd make it so those planes would cost players perks regardless of a successful landing or not. I'd make it so players were forced to try other planes and to appreciate what the arcade planes gave them instead of thinking of them as the norm.  THAT is a "feeling".  You might want to rethink your "you guys" statement, you're a bit over inclusive, laddy.