Author Topic: Support Aces High  (Read 9325 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Support Aces High
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2014, 02:23:56 PM »
Loggin in to look at the map and then logging out because there isn't enough?  Really? how many of you guys are doing that?  I see a whole bunch of you guys saying that's what you do.  If you would just log in, that would make one more player to add to the excitement, and if all of you did it, there would be nothing to complain about.

Unfortunately, this is illusory wishful thinking and not how the things work past a certain point. Especially if you are here for true massive multiplayer and are looking for battles, not duels.

As an example, I logged in this early afternoon with about 60 players online with more than half of them in tower. There was not a single battle happening anywhere on my fronts. The friendlies were scattered one by one here and there, enemies where absent from our front lines.
Out of desperation. I did something unusual (for me) and did fly low to two different airfields in a EW plane. I once saw a 15K La ignoring me for some unknown reason (must have been Snailman), and on one base I was shot at by a manned ack.
Wow, I really did add to the excitement, did I?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 02:28:26 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #91 on: December 22, 2014, 02:35:12 PM »
I left because life will be complicated until the summer of 2016. Then if the creek don't rise I will be back.
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2014, 02:48:11 PM »
Most players stay playing AH because i play the game :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2014, 02:51:44 PM »
Most players stay playing AH because i play the game :old:
That's exactly why I play! :rock
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »
I wonder what the ROI would be on extending the "two-week free" trial play to one month free, and allowing former two weekers to come back and try it again.    It may get more people into the arenas, enough to reach a critical mass and make it more fun for far all the players.  

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2014, 03:06:10 PM »

Unfortunately, this is illusory wishful thinking and not how the things work past a certain point. Especially if you are here for true massive multiplayer and are looking for battles, not duels.

As an example, I logged in this early afternoon with about 60 players online with more than half of them in tower. There was not a single battle happening anywhere on my fronts. The friendlies were scattered one by one here and there, enemies where absent from our front lines.
Out of desperation. I did something unusual (for me) and did fly low to two different airfields in a EW plane. I once saw a 15K La ignoring me for some unknown reason (must have been Snailman), and on one base I was shot at by a manned ack.
Wow, I really did add to the excitement, did I?

This is exactly what I described in my post earlier is it not. See I know what I'm talking about! :old: ... Well sometimes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2014, 03:36:33 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #97 on: December 22, 2014, 03:42:50 PM »

Last nite, Large map, about 150 total players. within 20 minutes of logging on, our HQ is dropped. Tons of our bases flashing but everyone I upped from I found high alt bombers that would take me forever to catch. HQ downtime was 150 minutes. took us almost as long to resupp it !  30 minutes later it was down again.  logged, went to bed,   :mad:
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2014, 03:52:28 PM »

Last nite, Large map, about 150 total players. within 20 minutes of logging on, our HQ is dropped. Tons of our bases flashing but everyone I upped from I found high alt bombers that would take me forever to catch. HQ downtime was 150 minutes. took us almost as long to resupp it !  30 minutes later it was down again.  logged, went to bed,   :mad:

Happened to all 3 countries repeatedly last night. During the time I played I saw 4 HQ's going down in total. This feature is being utilized very much on this particular map, probably because of the huge downtimes due to the almost constantly low percentage cities.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2014, 04:00:14 PM »

Happened to all 3 countries repeatedly last night. During the time I played I saw 4 HQ's going down in total. This feature is being utilized very much on this particular map, probably because of the huge downtimes due to the almost constantly low percentage cities.

Hopefully this will be happening when I log in tonight.  It only really takes one dedicated interceptor pilot to stop this.  I really enjoy this type of action.  You have to be up there and waiting.  Diving in to intercept works pretty dang good when you develop those skills.  Taking off at the last second hoping to climb and catch them and attacking their 6, not so much.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #100 on: December 22, 2014, 04:21:54 PM »
A perfect example, Do you know I have done this very thing in the past? Do you know what the ROI ?  Do you know we have run adds in air show programs? Do you know what the ROI is?

HiTech

How could we, you never share that information.  Nor  the results of the marketing focus groups that your marketing department has developed to help guide you with the best strategy for marking.   
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2014, 04:34:05 PM »
A perfect example, Do you know I have done this very thing in the past? Do you know what the ROI ?  Do you know we have run adds in air show programs? Do you know what the ROI is?

HiTech
HiTech in no way did I want to say something that would be, we'll upsetting to you.. No I personally don't know that you have been there OR what a ROI is. With that being said. If it was implied that I'm not on your side I'm sorry.

I am.

Maybe this is what a large % of our players don't understand. I know you do things, I know you look into probably every cost effective way to sell your product.

And I also know you don't share that with people. Most likely for good reason. But Maybe sometimes it would be helpful to explain some things. Mabe outside help ( a bunch of people from around the world who love your game) could help if we did know at least some things..  Or not I don't have the answer and won't ever claim to.

Or maybe not.

So what's an ROI  :headscratch:
And Oshkosh is not just an airshow it is THE airshow  :banana:
Heck i bet we could get a few local boys to volunteer to show people the game. I know I'll be there again this year.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 22, 2014, 04:34:54 PM »
So what's an ROI  :headscratch:

Return Of Investment  :old:

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: December 22, 2014, 04:37:18 PM »
I love your enthusiam. You've been around since 2012? Back in the day....you have no idea though keep up the good cheer. There is a reason those who have been around a long time are so very concerned.

:airplane: How do you know he has been around since 2012? The date on this forum means nothing. I have been a steady paying member since 2005 but did not join this forum till 2008. :banana:
Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: December 22, 2014, 04:47:20 PM »
Return Of Investment  :old:
well Duh lol<=== to me, I is just an envelope maker.. Well that sucks that the ROI is not enough. To me a complete moron on the subject it seems crazy, especially when I see a booth with nothing but moms quilted blankets and only one has WWII aircraft on it.