Author Topic: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)  (Read 4609 times)

Offline Tracers

• Copper Member
Re: AH is Family Friendly (Circa 1981)
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2014, 02:58:55 AM »
Its a MMOG not a Golly-geen church group.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 03:38:03 AM by Tracers »
Your tears feed me 😃

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2014, 05:01:52 AM »
I feel that Aces High is overly family friendly.

I disagree.

I say "yes" to civility; I say "no" to vulgarity.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2014, 05:14:35 AM »
Folks, we all know when and where profanity is ok, both in society and in-game. This is yet another rant designed for no other purpose than to be a PITA to HiTech. Anyone who can't enjoy themselves without the use of continuous profanity has serious self control issues. Get over it and enjoy the bans that are surely coming.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2014, 08:57:25 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 02:27:13 PM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2014, 12:20:53 PM »
I just like to cuss at Scotch on squad vox...and the occasional 12 clear I get periodically.  Other than that, this thread has a smidge of wIN in it but its hard to sift through the LOSE to find it.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2014, 08:14:05 PM »
  There is a lot of ugliness out there.  I choose to not invite that ugliness into my home if I can avoid it. I would like this game to continue to be one of those places that discourages ugly language.  It's simply not necessary.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Gray

• Copper Member
« Reply #36 on: December 29, 2014, 04:02:21 AM »
Saturday night "I" was awarded perk points for resupping HQ.  "I" was a 7 year old girl.  I tuned the vow to "mission" beforehand.   We should be able to do this without hearing junk from the "entitled" .    That's my entitlement.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2014, 10:45:56 PM »
I don't see how this helps the business.

I do see how it hurts the business.

I'm in my mid 30's and I feel that Aces High is overly family friendly.  I understand that this is Dale's game to do with as he pleases but I don't think that Dale understands that most people outside of Texas like to express themselves at least a little more than we are currently allowed.

I would also like to point out that I have not heard a child's voice in game since about 2010.

I find it ironic that we are encouraged to shoot virtual bullets into virtual pilots but our language can't be any coarser than the word 'Heck or Dang' because that would be obscene.

People who play MMO's have certain expectations, like being able to swear without something equivalent to a nun immediately hitting our hands with a yard stick.

(Image removed from quote.)
 :cheers:

:O

:huh

:bhead

:airplane:

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »
And I just thought of a compromise that I don't feel is actually fair, but is fair enough to some extent.

Add radio channels in the 300 range and allow us to speak freely on those.
You've been cryin since your filthy name was taken from you. Get over it.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2014, 10:39:49 AM »
In real life I am often prone to utilising bad language, it's part of the culture I grew up in. However, swearing only highlights a lack of eloquence and vocabulary. I think if one studies the English language enough one can find a wide assortment of perfectly adequate wording to describe any situation or convey any thought or emotion without resorting to profanity. To feel somehow limited by the denial to use certain low standard elements of vocabulary is surely a sign that one's vocabulary is somewhat lacking in substance.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2014, 10:53:02 AM »
I know all kinds of fancy words that aren't vulgar.  I just choose to cuss for emphasis.   :)

You know what I hate?  When dudes be like, "Gosh dangit", or use "Mother" in conjunction with "fricker".  I mean c'mon... it sounds like a cuss word and everybody including little kids knows you just said something different.  You ain't polite bro.  You're just a language sissy. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2014, 11:08:28 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:47:43 PM by hitech »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2014, 11:24:00 AM »
Daffodowndilly is my word for the day.  I feel more superior already!

I curse like a sailor when the time is right.  I can vocabulate with the best of them, but IMO profanity has its place and sometimes is a perfectly adequate or even the best description of a person or situation.

With that said, I'm perfectly fine with this place not turning into XBL where people communicate at the top of their lungs via homophobic racism.  It adds nothing to the game.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2014, 11:31:45 AM »
It adds nothing to the game.

Wiley.

And that my friends, is the bottom line.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »
You can upgrade here

Heeeheee! I just grabbed a copy of that from Amazon. I couldn't resist after seeing my
personal favorite; "slubberdegullion" !
  Thanks for postin' that up.  :salute

Regards, Odd