Author Topic: time to neuter engine off/on ?  (Read 4548 times)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
Re: time to neuter engine off/on ?
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
 :lol
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2014, 08:10:23 PM »
Fugitive, if your on tonight, I'm gonna hunt ya down and throw plane parts at ya (or have you shoot them off).

Not related to this particular post, just wanted it out there.

Wurz

As long as you bring that pony against my 38  :devil

If not impossible. Certainly many are improbable.
We have the advantage here of reincarnation. Doesnt matter if we get killed because we dont really get killed.
Not to mention that if we were to sustain the real life physical stresses of the moves we perform often for extended periods of time. We would see many many times more people lawn darting

Exactly. The point Im trying to make is the game was set up to fly against others and push them to a point that he can do nothing but die to your guns all the while avoiding his guns.

Using lame tricks to do it.... to many.... is like cheating.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #92 on: December 31, 2014, 08:17:20 PM »

The point of air combat is to kill your opponent in the most efficient manner possible. Anything else is rubbish. ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #93 on: December 31, 2014, 08:31:33 PM »
As long as you bring that pony against my 38  :devil

Exactly. The point Im trying to make is the game was set up to fly against others and push them to a point that he can do nothing but die to your guns all the while avoiding his guns.

Lmao, I was dweebing it up in that pony - I'll bring something else.  :lol :D :D :D
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: December 31, 2014, 09:48:38 PM »
In AH an idling engine produces more drag that an engine that is off (unless it's a feathered engine on a many motor airplane).

this is very easily testable, i just did in game..

a single engine with windmilling prop (testing a n1k at the moment), engine off and idle are the same..

tested by doing alt-x and looking at rate of descent.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2014, 10:37:42 PM »
The point of air combat is to kill your opponent in the most efficient manner possible. Anything else is rubbish. ;)

And in real life this is absolutely true.
But as someone else pointed out. This aint real life son.

Here it isnt so much getting the kill thats lasting or glorious. (All glory is fleeting anyway) But how you got the kill.
I ask of you, or anyone else here for that matter. Which were your most memorable fights win or loose? the ones where some gamey trick, pick, or HO was used? Or the ones you had to work for?

Yea i get a bunch of kills by the same means too. But those arent the ones that give me the most satisfaction. The ones I remember. And you dont see me doing much in the way of chest thumping "a kill is a kill". In fact typically the most you see out of me when I land kills is a polite TY to respond to peoples WTGs
 And Ive had as much fun dying being grossly outnumbered or by way of fair and clean fight as I have getting kills in a white knuckled fight. Its the fight thats the thing and how that fight went down. Not the kills. Its the one of the things you dont get yet. Most of your victories are hollow by most peoples standards.

You remind me of the character Alejandro Murrieta in the movie the "Mask of Zorro" before he legitimately Donned the mask.
If you have seen the movie you will remember when he stole the horse and came back and the original Zorro,Don Diego de la Vega was upset with him.
Do you remember what Diego de la Vega said to him upon his return? Those words could very easily and accurately be applied to you. And I dont thin you would find many in disagreement on that front.

You are certainly no inexperienced drunken Alejandro that is going to be beaten by and old man with a stick. You arent without talent. But you're no Zorro either.
To reach that level you have to learn the one thing that escapes you. The one thing that for the moment at least "which is beyond your reach."
Untill you do that. You will remain in the eyes of most, the former.

I have no doubt that one day you will "get it" (the best ones eventually do) as of late you have shown some small signs of moving in that direction. but you still have quite a ways to go.

I tried talking to you once long ago sincerely offering some helpful advice. What I got in return was to be flamed for my effort. You didnt want to listen then. I have doubts as to if you will now as well. I didnt either at one time. But you will one day. Just as I did.

BTW. I make nor have I ever made any self claims of being a great pilot. As you will one day figure out thats not for anyone to claim for themselves but an honor others bestow upon them. And its a lot more then simply getting kills by any means or the most efficient manner possible or even getting a lot of kills.
You will figure that part out one day too

That "Rubbish" as you call it may just that IRL. But here. It means something
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2014, 10:46:56 PM »
Here it isnt so much getting the kill thats lasting or glorious. (All glory is fleeting anyway) But how you got the kill.
I ask of you, or anyone else here for that matter. Which were your most memorable fights win or loose? the ones where some gamey trick, pick, or HO was used? Or the ones you had to work for?

Do you think I've even thought once about fights after the fact? Take me literally when I say I don't care about how thrilling a fight with any player is - that is not why I play this or any other sim. The only thing that I enjoy, that the majority of us enjoy, is killing the enemy. I could have a 50-minute long fight and, truly, I would consider it 49.5 minutes of wasted time, as well as a failing in my own ability to down the enemy quickly. The only true test of ACM is to kill your opponent, for that is what it was created for. Anything else is personal opinion.

You may enjoy juice cups and participation medals after a game; we play for the trophy and for the unadulterated spirit of competitive gaming.

All of that being said, if this means you'd like to go 1v1 in the DA, then let's go. ;)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:54:45 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2014, 11:39:27 PM »
Do you think I've even thought once about fights after the fact? Take me literally when I say I don't care about how thrilling a fight with any player is - that is not why I play this or any other sim. The only thing that I enjoy, that the majority of us enjoy, is killing the enemy. I could have a 50-minute long fight and, truly, I would consider it 49.5 minutes of wasted time, as well as a failing in my own ability to down the enemy quickly. The only true test of ACM is to kill your opponent, for that is what it was created for. Anything else is personal opinion.

You may enjoy juice cups and participation medals after a game; we play for the trophy and for the unadulterated spirit of competitive gaming.

All of that being said, if this means you'd like to go 1v1 in the DA, then let's go. ;)

Oh you remember them. And you most certainly care about them. You can deny all you want but your actions say otherwise.

You know I dont DA. not you nor anyone else. And trust me fear has nothing to do with it. Ive turned down offers by both much better and much lessor players then you.

I told you once before. You have no honor. You dont know the meaning of the word. Even if I did DA I wouldnt with you for that reason alone.

What I said about the Zorro movie sticks. Its the perfect description. It is how most people view you.
Like I said. one day you may "get it" but you have a lot of growing up to do yet before that can happen.

So go ahead. Get your HO's, picks, Use your gamey tactics, And keep spouting off chest thumping afterward (you were one of the ones I was referring to in another thread about not knowing when enough is enough) Yea you will rack up a lot of kills. But you will never accomplish what the best players have. Respect.

As much as anything its your attitude toward people in game that messes you up. In my 12 years here I cant remember anyone with a worse one.
You're a good pilot. But a terrible and detrimental player
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 11:43:06 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2014, 11:42:21 PM »
Maybe so....but you assume he and the rest of us give a big crapola about it.  

Trust me...we don't.   :rofl

Happy New Year!  

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2014, 11:57:44 PM »

Oh you remember them. And you most certainly care about them. You can deny all you want but your actions say otherwise.

You know I dont DA. not you nor anyone else. And trust me fear has nothing to do with it. Ive turned down offers by both much better and much lessor players then you.

I told you once before. You have no honor. You dont know the meaning of the word. Even if I did DA I wouldnt with you for that reason alone.

What I said about the Zorro movie sticks. Its the perfect description. It is how most people view you.
Like I said. one day you may "get it" but you have a lot of growing up to do yet before that can happen.

So go ahead. Get your HO's, picks, Use your gamey tactics, And keep spouting off chest thumping afterward (you were one of the ones I was referring to in another thread about not knowing when enough is enough) Yea you will rack up a lot of kills. But you will never accomplish what the best players have. Respect.

As much as anything its your attitude toward people in game that messes you up. In my 12 years here I cant remember anyone with a worse one.
You're a good pilot. But a terrible and detrimental player

Your assumptions (which are the same assumptions that many others have) are your biggest detriment. Apparently, you've never encountered players whose primary goal is competitively playing to win.

This is a quote from a WWII German officer, describing his observations (and frustrations) in fighting the newly-met "Americans":

"A serious problem in planning against American doctrine is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine."

Please refer to that quote throughout the remainder of our interactions. We feel no obligation to abide by your concepts of honor, tactics, or values. We are here to kill and dominate.

This is a game, and we will treat it as a game because that is what it is to us: a game. We view it no other way, nor have we viewed any other combat sim differently in 11 years of flying as a squad.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 12:27:22 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2015, 12:01:15 AM »
Bahahaha
-AoM-

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2015, 12:16:48 AM »
Do you think I've even thought once about fights after the fact?
Wow  :rofl

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2015, 12:48:58 AM »
Yeah, Dred pretty much said everything there is to say. :aok
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2015, 01:40:51 AM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 09:43:51 AM by Skuzzy »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2015, 01:45:33 AM »

Manfred Von Richtofen would not have killed his engine  :old:

Nor would he fly a La-7   

Ho'n in a La-7 is Rubbish.
They're casting their bait over there, see?