Author Topic: Eve online  (Read 1207 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Eve online
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2015, 02:00:04 PM »
The first sensible post from you I've read! WTG!  :cheers:

You smell :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 04:18:02 PM »
Rules of EVE:

1)Anything can happen in the sandbox
2)Trust no one
3)Be careful wondering into low sec
4)Do all the available beginner missions (even if you don't plan on doing combat, or transportation, or exploring etc etc. You get isk and free ships/modules/etc)
5)Re-read 1 and 2

Have fun! EVE is one of those games if I had everyday to commit to gaming I'd be on. Still hop on once and while and flail around helplessly in faction warfare.

Guess I'm a total space cadet so far. I'm about on the 4th or so beginner mission, just made my first jump outside the system and back. There is a lot of stuff to learn.

Will probably try mining when I get to that point. Maybe find a good corp.

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2015, 04:58:37 PM »
Going to be interesting once Star Citizen is up and enters the fray. Haven't seen this much attention paid to the space side of things since the days X-Wing/Wing Commander back in the 90s. Maybe they'll FINALLY do a legitimate sequel to X-Wing.

And I mean X-WING, not that glorified arcade shooter WarThunder bullchit they tried to pass off last year (and subsequently got dumped in the garbage where it belonged).

Incidentally, I just read an article today where someone plotted out the course of the Voyager II probe, used that to estimate its position c. 3300AD, then went looking in Elite: Dangerous.

And FOUND IT.

Others have apparently done the same for Voyager I. That's some impressive attention to detail, right there.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 03:15:20 PM »
Freak :rofl

The GFC

Offline rogwar

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 04:27:49 PM »
Kind of fun so far. Interesting how small you feel.

Here is a neat video about the age of players.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVWC6I-FLEA

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2015, 07:16:10 PM »
You know you want to  :D

See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2015, 08:40:16 AM »
I refuse to play Elite until they at least fix the issue of the police attacking you for absolutely no reason. :old:

There is an update happening now which may solve that problem:

- When deciding if we should go hostile to a faction we just shot, consider whether the target has a local bounty rather than a bounty with their own faction. Prevent people being attacked by the police after attack nearby wanted targets

I sincerely hope so!  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2015, 02:28:29 PM »
Dangit. I'm in on this one too.

I got Elite, and I LOVE the flight mechanics, and getting in to it with systems and a joystick, but I LOVED expanding into capital ships and station ownership with X3, and Eve seems to be the only option in that direction. Between these, and DCS, and still paying my AH sub, and the puppy... It's a darned good thing I'm in A-Pool!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2015, 02:12:34 PM »
I just reopened my account for a month (for I can fool around here much easier with the young one on my lap than in AH), and I realized have forgotten about anything I knew ... not that this has been much in the first place  :noid

« Last Edit: January 10, 2015, 02:25:34 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2015, 10:38:37 PM »
I didn't like Eve Online because the ship flying was point and click, no cockpit view and the shooting was automatic. Basically you grind away your 'skills' while being only a system manager. Except that, amazing off course. I like Elite because I actually get to fly/dogfight the thing I want when I want with what I want as long as I make the money for it.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2015, 10:46:14 PM »
EVE is the one game I always wanted to enjoy, but never could. It takes way too much time investment to do even the most basic things. The early levels were fun though.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2015, 10:50:19 PM »
I like Elite because I actually get to fly/dogfight the thing I want when I want with what I want as long as I make the money for it.

I would prefer that very much, but EVE has the lower system requirements ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 03:38:50 AM »
Do you really look like Freddie Murcury?. :)

The GFC

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 04:31:45 AM »
Rog if you like Ive been playing now for close to 4 years and have a nice group of guys where we can show you the ropes we have Teamspeak set up and can give you all the training and jump starts you need several of the guys I play with are over 40 so not all whipper snappers. If youre interested send me a PM in here or search for me in game Flyin Hornytoad. Look forward to hearing from you. Also have no fear we arent in low or null security space. This invite is extended to anyone else wanting pointers or some support in game.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 06:51:25 AM »
Eve is a great game for a number of reasons but it can also be very boring at the same time although i will still say this about eve it has the 2nd best community i have ever played with (2nd to AH2) so many adults on there rather than kids trolling, sry to jack a Eve thread with Elite Dangerous stuff but i seen a few others talking about it.

Lusche, tbh elite runs quite well on my crappy pc with most things on high i dont know how crap your machine is in comparison but it seems to be very well coded in that respect, its a shame they dont offer a free trial just so others can see how it runs because i know i was a little unsure it would run on mine until i bought it.

Mar, the random police attacking you for hitting up wanted targets has indeed been fixed now you can hammer them all day without consequence :)  :joystick:

The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury