Author Topic: How to catch "no darbar strat raiders"  (Read 1947 times)

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
Re: How to catch "no darbar strat raiders"
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2015, 11:36:33 AM »
No i was kidding, neither u or Haver take this so serious that u make into a personal thing
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2015, 11:22:16 AM »
While flying with squadmates, sometimes, some of us will have a dar bar and others won't.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2015, 11:32:48 AM »
Similarly in scenario's we note that certain squad members ( always the same squad member order regardless of logon sequence) alwAys get darbar updates before others. This difference is upto 20 secs sometimes.

I have todate assumed it's linked either to FE or ISP parameters and the way dar is updated some how being different to e.g. Positions of other players.
Ludere Vincere

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2015, 11:47:13 AM »
I don't know why it happens, but it does,, Ive seen it for years,, no dar then meet 10k cons,,
One time I was fighting a single pony,,over and over we would merge from opposite bases,, he would never show a dar till he was within sight, then he was at 10 k roughly almost every time!

I have logged on to see dar that then disappeared,  I've upped for an NOE bomb raid only to find many cons at high alt and no dar till they are within VFR..

as for Strats like HQTRs  they should have their own RDR
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Dar bug captured on screenshot:
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2015, 06:16:41 PM »
This variation of the darbar bug I captured just recently: See the mission in 7-9-3 which seems to be NOE...

But I knew for sure they weren't, they had already spent a lot of time climbing to altitude. So I quickly relogged and saw this:

What may seem to be mildly irritating when you are on the 'green side' of it, is highly annyoing when that gaggle of bombers suddenly appearing over your base ain't NOE but at 15k

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FTJR

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2015, 10:44:52 PM »
While flying with squadmates, sometimes, some of us will have a dar bar and others won't.

^^^^
this

2 Sundays ago on a squad run, we were bounced by 2 high enemy in a sector that recorded no dar.
Last Sunday, same conversation, some could see the dar bar, some couldn't.
Bring the Beaufighter to Aces High
Raw Prawns      

B.O.S.S. "Beaufighter Operator Support Services" 
Storms and Aeroplanes dont mix

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2015, 06:48:30 AM »
Skuzzy, I wonder if this should be moved to the bug report forum if it's not an intended situation.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2015, 07:32:21 AM »
This bug has been reported in that forum a lot of times.

The reason I posted it in the General forum is that I'm trying to spread the word about frequent relogging, especially to counter any possible exploits of this bug, feature or whatever we want to call it. That's what my initial post was about.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2015, 10:31:40 AM »
This bug has been reported in that forum a lot of times.

The reason I posted it in the General forum is that I'm trying to spread the word about frequent relogging, especially to counter any possible exploits of this bug, feature or whatever we want to call it. That's what my initial post was about.

I understand, and I very much appreciate this information Snail, thank you.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2015, 01:13:57 PM »
Wonder if this has anything to do with an issue everyone has experienced in flying in groups on auto pilot. Either during climb out or on level cruise. There are always one or two players who on the exact same power setting and speed as the rest of the group, either fall behind or pull ahead.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2015, 01:27:18 PM »
If the server update is set to 2 minutes it probably takes a snapshot every two minutes and seminates the information out to all the players over time. I highly doubt every player client is updated at the same time as that would be a strain on the servers and network. This would create a situation where at any one time each player has a different DAR picture, but it is almost the same within a few minutes. That's what I think anyways.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »
I've seen this occur, when flying with my squadmate who lives on the Isle of Man. He regularly gets dar updates before I do in Georgia, USA. It's very aggravating.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2015, 01:45:05 PM »
I don't think it is geographically determined, you were just after him on the update list. Or perhaps he was after you? How can you really tell who gets updated first if it is on a cycle?

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »
Actually, I think it's personal....maybe someone at HTC has a grudge against Georgia? They are in...ugh...Texas, after all.  :banana: :bolt:
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2015, 02:48:50 PM »
Well, there is that...  :lol