Author Topic: How to catch "no darbar strat raiders"  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: How to catch "no darbar strat raiders"
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 07:36:18 AM »
If the server update is set to 2 minutes it probably takes a snapshot every two minutes and seminates the information out to all the players over time. I highly doubt every player client is updated at the same time as that would be a strain on the servers and network. This would create a situation where at any one time each player has a different DAR picture, but it is almost the same within a few minutes. That's what I think anyways.

The default roster list "sorts" by name alpha / numerically.............. I wonder ( given your opinion) if this applies to the update order........ and if not what order would apply?
Ludere Vincere

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 08:19:50 AM »
That's it!  I'm changing my name to AAAZoney immediately !
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 08:25:58 AM »
~Zoney would be nearer the top :)
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »

Ah, but looking at it from the other side, your information would be the most out of date toward the end of the cycle. :D

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 10:30:36 PM »
Sure seems to me this issue has got worse over time. I remember just a year ago the issue wasn't nearly as bad as it is today. I can't complain at all though as I think it adds a curve ball into the games regular routine.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 03:58:05 AM »
The default roster list "sorts" by name alpha / numerically.............. I wonder ( given your opinion) if this applies to the update order........ and if not what order would apply?

I would guess you get inserted into the closest frame/spot in the update list when you log in to the arena. After all the map is updated immediately after you log in.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2015, 01:26:03 PM »
I would guess you get inserted into the closest frame/spot in the update list when you log in to the arena. After all the map is updated immediately after you log in.

During scenarios I am always near the last in our squad to get a dar update. Particularly noticeable when every one is staring at a darbar waiting for it to move from one sector to another. This late update is consistent every frame. I even know which squaddie to ask because he usually updates first.

I wonder if my habit of entering the SEA early is contributing to this?

Could it be that I randomly always select an update slot ( by my login time) that is latter than the the vast majority of my fellow players.

I always assumed that it was an FE or ISP characteristic ( something unique to me)that was defining this.
Ludere Vincere

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 10:48:29 AM »
We are just guessing here. It could be anything. However the fact that some people get their maps updated before others is in all likelihood not a bug, but a network/server load leveling feature.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.