Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26087 times)

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2015, 02:25:46 PM »
Maybe I can help.  There are many people that play here, including myself, who simply won't give the time of day to those we consider to be Trolls.  I know you think it is only about how you fly but how you conduct yourself matters more, again, to may people here including myself.  I personally limit my interactions with Trolls to as close to zero as possible because I am not going to "grace them with my presence".  You deserve none of my time if you cannot conduct yourself with civility.

Yet here you are posting away,  feeding the machine, gracing us with your presence =]

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2015, 02:30:11 PM »
Wiped the floor?  Exaggerate much?  lol

I'm not the AoM spokesman, but I'm down to fight whenever.  One rule change from last time though.  The second you jump the merge my guns go hot and I'll pop you like a tick.  It's starting to be a trend in all your super cool videos, and I happen to think it's silly and weak.        

"Jump the merge"? Wow... in 16 years of flying, I've never heard of someone complaining about a vertical lead turn on a merge. In fact, it's VERY easy to counter it if you actually know what the heck you're doing. If you knew anything about ACM, you'd actually take advantage of it. There's nothing "cheating" about it, and it's allowed even in BaldEagle's 1v1 dueling brackets. The fact you're complaining about it shows a complete lack of merging tactics.

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2015, 02:35:03 PM »
I'll record our squad vox and then you will understand, it's about 10% tactical/Gameplay....90% talking about god knows what. When I say probably 90% of the squad cares less what you or anyone say here or on 200, it's actually closer to 99% :aok

Seriously though, looking forward to this fight. You are going to have to tell us how many people are actually in your squad so we can meet your line up. (Can't base it off your squad roster because of all the shades)

We only have one shade on our roster, and that's just so the CO isn't tied to any one of our personal accounts/game ID's. Everyone else is an actual player, though of those, we have 3 who rarely log on and a 4th who's busy moving into a new house for the next several weeks.

We should be able to field 6-8, depending on how much heads-up time you give us.

-=S=-
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »
We only have one shade on our roster, and that's just so the CO isn't tied to any one of our personal accounts/game ID's. Everyone else is an actual player, though of those, we have 3 who rarely log on and a 4th who's busy moving into a new house for the next several weeks.

We should be able to field 6-8, depending on how much heads-up time you give us.

-=S=-
Sounds Good, like Way said, most of the members are in the BOWL scenario going on so it will be a few weeks at best.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2015, 03:00:48 PM »
"Jump the merge"? Wow... in 16 years of flying, I've never heard of someone complaining about a vertical lead turn on a merge. In fact, it's VERY easy to counter it if you actually know what the heck you're doing. If you knew anything about ACM, you'd actually take advantage of it. There's nothing "cheating" about it, and it's allowed even in BaldEagle's 1v1 dueling brackets. The fact you're complaining about it shows a complete lack of merging tactics.

He never said cheating.  He said weak and silly. 

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2015, 03:01:00 PM »
Hello Damned,

I am game when the scenario is done.  A lot of time for multiple Pig pilots is currently wrapped up in this event and can't envision taking on more right now.  If you are still interested in a few weeks, then we will shoot your planes down.

:salute

Way

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »
I'm butthurt..     

Bring it in,  buddy..bring it in ....<(-_-<)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2015, 03:47:00 PM »

Yes.  In just about every duel I've ever flown in or watched, there's jockeying for position that happens before the merge, but blatant jumping of the merge is generally not seen... except with you.  It makes sense too, because when you don't manage to get on top of your opponent in a fight, your chance of having your toon ego crushed goes up exponentially.  I never called it cheating, either, just limp wristed and weak in what's supposed to be an test of skill.  

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2015, 03:51:18 PM »
Why is the shade always sitting in an enemy gun position?
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2015, 03:55:14 PM »
Yes.  In just about every duel I've ever flown in or watched, there's jockeying for position that happens before the merge, but blatant jumping of the merge is generally not seen... except with you.  It makes sense too, because when you don't manage to get on top of your opponent in a fight, your chance of having your toon ego crushed goes up exponentially.  I never called it cheating, either, just limp wristed and weak in what's supposed to be an test of skill.  

You don't "see it often" because that merge tactic doesn't work for turnfighting, which is the type of fight you pursue. Additionally, a vertical lead turn is easily counterable, it's just obvious that you have no idea how to counter it. Instead of being a big boy and taking your loss, you now blame it on my "weak" turning tactics. It's not my fault you aren't aware of how to counter one of the most basic ACM maneuvers in the textbook.

You had the choice of any tactic you wanted. You chose yours and lost.

Also, please quit making claims that I'm somehow unnaturally disadvantaged when I can't achieve an altitude advantage on the merge. We both know that's not true:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvbGwAJEO04&t=70
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 04:12:23 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »
Learn something new everyday, was watching the video and noticed your tabs in the chat buffer and was like "Why don't I have those?" now I do. Learn something new everyday
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2015, 04:33:16 PM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Slamfire

• Nickel Member
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2015, 05:13:47 PM »
See rule #4

I see this scuzzy fellow hath censored our squadron communiqués.  I shall be having cross words with his skipper.

Yours in excellence,

Gen. Slamfire
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Air Chief Marshal, Elite Top Aces
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »
Why is the shade always sitting in an enemy gun position?
Because he was dumb enough to up a plane and park it in the hangar when he spies. After being called on it he switched to using a gun position. That's funny cover story though with the " squad being tied to one person". Quite the web he weaves.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2015, 05:47:28 PM »
DrBone have you received any reply to this? For two squads who like to talk a lot of crap to each other.....they have not said much to this.....well if they don't take you up on it, I'm sure the Pigs can put together at least a 7-8 man team. Not everyone in the pigs likes to dogfight competitively but I think we all love a good scrap :aok

Let me know :salute
(BTW Krup will be invited to fly as an honorary Pig since he spends most of his time on our channel anyway, and he got his start as a pig...oh how they grow up :) :aok (Junky, Krup, BrknArw, Way, Razor, AMAX, Babalon, Jmtf, and Anus)....I think I can get that team in the DA sometime, would just have to see what dates match up best for both squads)
Junky We Accept the Pigs Offer and look forward to a fun filled pig roast!!  :D
I wasn't aware that there was any rivalry between myself and DrBone, or The Damned vs The Damned DFC (aka TDDFC - that sorta has a nice ring to it). They're very similar to us in a lot of ways, which IIRC is how they came by their new name. We have no hard feelings towards them whatsoever, and regularly wing with their members and vice-versa.

In fact (and please correct me if I'm wrong here), any responses posted by us (including posts, images, animated GIFs, and the ever self-indulgent YouTube videos) have been aimed at other squadrons who have not only refused to respond, but have flat-out refused to enter a competition with us, let alone fight on even grounds (not that having an advantage would make much of a difference for them).

We'd be more than happy to fight TDDFC; and if they wish to fight us, consider that an acceptance of the challenge. However, DrBone did not issue the challenge to our squadron, nor did I issue one to his. I believe the throwing out of that challenge to include both of our squadrons is nothing more than a smokescreen to hide the fact that the other squadrons won't fight either The Damned or TDDFC. Any why would they? The last squadron to openly challenge us was beaten by nearly 100 kills fighting a single individual in the MA. How do you think a fight between an entire squadron of Damned would go against them?

A more appropriate challenge would be The Damned+TDDFC vs POTW+AoM+Whoever else. Now THAT would be a slaughter, but I'm sure most here are well aware of what that outcome would be.

Damned if you do, because we don't give one if you don't.

-=S=-
Skyyr I really agree with you on a majority of this wall of text but I must say if these Heathens known as the B-List Muppet's(Excluding Krup,SkyRock, and Triton) won't step forward for a little competitive game play then by all means Top Gun will. As Waystin said I along with a few of my mates are in this scenario and it will be over soon so not too long to wait.

I can't forget Changeup I think he has moved from B-List to the A list idk Time will tell.   :old:

Let's say Every Thursday-Friday Night we all meet up in the DA, Until the Scenario concludes and then we can discuss Times for this Squad vs Squad.  :salute :salute :cheers:
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.