Author Topic: The Damned DFC  (Read 26264 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: The Damned DFC
« Reply #375 on: January 21, 2015, 09:58:15 AM »
Excuses in games/sports =/= muscle memory in games/sports,  but I see how we got here..excuse for not saying it's an excuse that people lose duels because of muscle memory, then the challenge of who knows more about muscle memories was thrown down,  credentials were asked for,  got it. ..

But we still haven't established why it wasn't an excuse...because...it..was? All clear now! Let us continue to partake in this wonderful waste of time :]

The discussion of whether or not less time playing drops off skills.....which it is going to IMO but like Krup said depends on the person.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #376 on: January 21, 2015, 10:31:56 AM »
So how did this get off topic from what DrBone asked? Do the muppets want to duel?
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #377 on: January 21, 2015, 10:54:00 AM »
The discussion of whether or not less time playing drops off skills.....which it is going to IMO but like Krup said depends on the person.

Still an excuse, if you lose,  shut up and get better.  We dueled, I lost,  what did you hear from me? ..Exactly.

The point is they lost but they don't shut up..no amount of trolling is going take away from the fact that they lost..they just need to try to duel again and get even. Its pretty simple...
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:01:11 AM by Kruel »

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #378 on: January 21, 2015, 10:59:55 AM »
Now, you got me curious, what sports did you play growing up? Because your and Kruel's mindset (like riding a bike) contradicts what I've learned about any sport....yet your trying to use it for your argument. I am curious

Sports? Not sure about you, but I grew up playing war games. Hooah!  :rofl

In all seriousness, I played soccer and basketball. However, I practiced and practiced and practiced until those reactions became second-nature. And even today, those reactions are second-nature. I practice until the reactions are all but permanently ingrained. So when I come back, even years later, those reactions are still there. It doesn't mean that I'm still in prime shape to still play those sports, but luckily, this doesn't apply to flight sims, as I only need fingers and hands.

Here's the hilarity of the entire situation: prior to coming to Aces High,  I took four years off from flight sims. From August 2009, to November 2013, I didn't play a single flight sim. So if we go back and look at who's played more over the previous four years leading up to the fight in question, my time is insignificant. I took several 6-18 month breaks from Fighter Ace over my 11 years. Guess what? Same thing. Kruel and BeeLowk can vouch for this - it didn't matter if I was gone for 6 months or 12, my flying was unaffected.

Based on the responses in this thread, I think I'm seeing the problem. Most players here seem to approach dogfighting as a set of moves - turns, and counter-turns, and so on. Sure, if you learned to fly that way, you'd have a hard time taking a break, because you're basing your abilities on who can turn quicker and who can think of the best counter-counter-counter-turn first. These are pre-formulated "moves," which have nothing to do with actual ACM and are little more than video game stunts. You'd also be utterly humiliated if you tried to perform those moves in other sims, because they don't work there.

Actual ACM is methodical, repeatable, dynamic, and logical when performed correctly. Once learned, it's learned. There is no need to take months or years (lol) to "get back up to speed," because there's virtually nothing to get back up to speed to. And this is why these excuses would have entire forums for other sims rolling with laughter. It's a joke to anyone who's played dogfighting sims competitively. At most you may need a week or two to get your timing and SA back. It's like riding a bike. Stating anything else simply paints you as an over-confident fool who bit off more than he could chew.

In our experience, we're used to dealing with hardcore sim pilots who accept their performance, whatever it might be, especially when they throw down the gauntlet and challenge another player. We apologize if this is not the case here.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:14:41 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #379 on: January 21, 2015, 11:17:13 AM »
The point is they lost but they don't shut up..no amount of trolling is going take away from the fact that they lost..they just need to try to duel again and get even. Its pretty simple...

Hey that sounds like Poison.  :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #380 on: January 21, 2015, 11:34:44 AM »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #381 on: January 21, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
 :rofl
-AoM-

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #382 on: January 21, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Please don't make the mistake of thinking skyyr/shadow is representative of all FA immigrants.   His persona/antics were loathed in that game even moreso than he has managed in this game to date, though he is admittedly trying very hard to regain his notoriety via the same M.O.

:salute Nish

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #383 on: January 21, 2015, 12:04:53 PM »
Hey that sounds like Poison.  :D

MA =/= duels.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #384 on: January 21, 2015, 12:20:08 PM »
Oh I've fought him 1v1 several times fair and even fights since he claimed to own me, and I made a point. I really shouldn't even be talking anymore or he'll keep begging to DA... sorry I'm done  :salute lol.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #385 on: January 21, 2015, 12:25:10 PM »
Still an excuse, if you lose,  shut up and get better.  We dueled, I lost,  what did you hear from me? ..Exactly.

Our first duels, just prior to the second ones you used the excuse(for the first duels) "I had only been playing 6 months" but the duels turned out the same way.(Remember you called me out on 200 for the second set of duels)

Reason for that is in the time between those duels(while you were getting a lot better, which is easy to see in both your DA and MA flying) I was getting back in the saddle, timings and such had came back to me. I don't think I will ever be as good as I once was in 2010 while stationed in Korea, being away from home, brand new private I spent a lot of time to myself playing with POTW. And with the time difference my primetime was when people like Grizz and Dodger were going to the DA for informal 1v1s (No score, No plane, deck merge) I got thousands of duels in, more in that year then any other year I've played AH. Following that I PCSed to a unit that was prepping for Deployment(10th Mountain)...didn't get a lot of time to play there...then I deployed for a year....now I've been off an on 3 months here 6 months there and such because I have more R/L responsibility. Time away does effect my gameplay, not afraid to admit it, does it make you better then me(might make you more of a nerd :aok )

In the end....everyone has an excuse for everything, we can find film/screenshot/bbs posts for everything for everyone....to say you don't make excuses is just hypocritical.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #386 on: January 21, 2015, 12:36:42 PM »
Please don't make the mistake of thinking skyyr/shadow is representative of all FA immigrants.   His persona/antics were loathed in that game even moreso than he has managed in this game to date, though he is admittedly trying very hard to regain his notoriety via the same M.O.

My apology.  :salute :cheers:

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #387 on: January 21, 2015, 12:36:53 PM »
Sports? Not sure about you, but I grew up playing war games. Hooah!  :rofl I premeditate murder for a living, I don't play games. :aok

In all seriousness, I played soccer and basketball. However, I practiced and practiced and practiced until those reactions became second-nature. And even today, those reactions are second-nature. I practice until the reactions are all but permanently ingrained. So when I come back, even years later, those reactions are still there. It doesn't mean that I'm still in prime shape to still play those sports, but luckily, this doesn't apply to flight sims, as I only need fingers and hands. I would disagree, I think there is things in a game that if you do them more often then someone else, you are going to be better

Here's the hilarity of the entire situation: prior to coming to Aces High,  I took four years off from flight sims. From August 2009, to November 2013, I didn't play a single flight sim. So if we go back and look at who's played more over the previous four years leading up to the fight in question, my time is insignificant. I took several 6-18 month breaks from Fighter Ace over my 11 years. Guess what? Same thing. Kruel and BeeLowk can vouch for this - it didn't matter if I was gone for 6 months or 12, my flying was unaffected.I'd say your a special case...congrats!!!

Based on the responses in this thread, I think I'm seeing the problem. Most players here seem to approach dogfighting as a set of moves - turns, and counter-turns, and so on. Sure, if you learned to fly that way, you'd have a hard time taking a break, because you're basing your abilities on who can turn quicker and who can think of the best counter-counter-counter-turn first. These are pre-formulated "moves," which have nothing to do with actual ACM and are little more than video game stunts. You'd also be utterly humiliated if you tried to perform those moves in other sims, because they don't work there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGQdzv-5kk   that is kind of how I approach ACM

Actual ACM is methodical, repeatable, dynamic, and logical when performed correctly. Once learned, it's learned. There is no need to take months or years (lol) to "get back up to speed," because there's virtually nothing to get back up to speed to. And this is why these excuses would have entire forums for other sims rolling with laughter. It's a joke to anyone who's played dogfighting sims competitively. At most you may need a week or two to get your timing and SA back. It's like riding a bike. Stating anything else simply paints you as an over-confident fool who bit off more than he could chew. I would agree to an extent, but I'm firm believer in practice makes perfect..... the guy who goes to the range everyday for 3 months is going to shoot better then the guy who shot once a week for 3 months, that's just fingers too :aok

In our experience, we're used to dealing with hardcore sim pilots who accept their performance, whatever it might be, especially when they throw down the gauntlet and challenge another player. We apologize if this is not the case here.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #388 on: January 21, 2015, 01:12:16 PM »
Please don't make the mistake of thinking skyyr/shadow is representative of all FA immigrants.   His persona/antics were loathed in that game even moreso than he has managed in this game to date, though he is admittedly trying very hard to regain his notoriety via the same M.O.

Antics? That's interesting - the only recurring antics that are here are from your squad mates are trying to excuse their way out of losing duels that they challenged me to, using excuses ranging from "I didn't have enough time bro" to "oh crap we didn't know he had prior sim experience - that's unfair!"

And speaking of critics, how did these critics perform in our private rooms (DA)? I seem to remember uploading nearly 400 FA 1v1 fight films publicly. Care to tell me the score?

As Rilak so eloquently put, "... and so shall the weak bow before the mighty."

I rest my case.

:rofl
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:15:59 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"