Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23493 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #225 on: January 23, 2015, 05:50:59 PM »
Is this going to be a semantics or context excuse (because if you 200 texted anything even close to that you may be better off using the 'high on crack' defense). My squadie, Ryno, isn't in the habit of making things up.

Both. The discussion was over someone claiming that I and a few others were going to ruin the game because of our flying, and that we wouldn't know what to do with our time if Aces High shut down, as we had played like 70 hours for the tour (apparently, that amount of time is indicative of an empty lifestyle, despite other players having 3x that). I replied that if  it did shut down, I'd simply laugh and go to another hobby. However, the players making such claims would actually have problems filling that void themselves.

There was nothing malicious whatsoever about the comment - it was purely for ironic purposes. I obviously pay for Aces High, so why would I enjoy or find it funny that it was shut down? At the same time it's a game, and it has no real signifigance or importance. It was completely taken out of context.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 05:59:50 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #226 on: January 23, 2015, 06:02:28 PM »

yup ryno you deserve credit for your efforts , you changed me from a drill bit to at least a fighting chance now  :salute

You're definitely dedicated, I'll give you that .

:salute
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2015, 06:35:34 PM »
People I admire:

Insert friend list\squaddies

People who will ruin the game:

People with whom I have idiological differences with.

/end thread

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2015, 06:42:51 PM »
Is this going to be a semantics or context excuse (because if you 200 texted anything even close to that you may be better off using the 'high on crack' defense). My squadie, Ryno, isn't in the habit of making things up.

Arlo, my quote is much closer to what was actually said.  Yes, it was in the context of taking the game seriously, but there was no mention of "I would find another hobby" nor was it said "I would move on".  It was "I don't care. If the game shut down tomorrow I would laugh (adverb)."  That was all.

Why do I think that reveals character?  The words "I would laugh".  I honestly believe he would find it funny.  I think his disdain for the community and his desire to change it shows that.  The fact that he owns multiple accounts that he logs in on opposite sides to hunt and grief players says a lot also.  (This is not something he can debate, as he has admitted to doing so.)  It is evidenced by far more than just this one quote -- I just picked it because I thought it said a lot.  In this case, we're dealing with someone who thrives on conflict and uses the word "competition" to disguise it.  I'm not sure he sees the difference.  I've spoken with some of his squaddies and they've verified this.  There are plenty of examples and reasons demonstrated in game and on this forum every day as to why the best course is simply to ignore them, rather than grant the conflict and attention being sought.

I wasted enough time with others, like Midway back when he was the forum topic du jour, to recognize when I'll be wasting my time in direct discussion with someone.  That is why my comments on the subject shall remain aimed at the community, for the betterment of the community.

Let's ignore this other "topic" and get back to people who contribute something positive to the community and are "Players to admire" please.

<S>
Ryno
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 07:16:11 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2015, 07:19:35 PM »
Just going to get a little off topic here to post this video because it perfectly suits what's going on in AH2 right now and I thought I'd share it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vciR0TPpM

And now, as Kingpin said, let's get back on topic. People I admire in not only this game but any game ever are people who have a positive attitude, are fun and funny to play with, and generally bring a positive to the community and the game. People like raynos, Glzz, Crabby, Copprhed, RedBull, ammo, Player1, and many many MANY more that I simply can not list in 1 post. These players all have different flying styles, different skill levels, some are just unbeatable in their favorite plan, and others are just joe average, but what they all have in common is they are fun to be around and play with. I want more people like these guys in the game!  :salute :cheers:

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2015, 07:29:43 PM »
Latrobe that link is spot on everything that the guy was talking about the same thing I think and feel everybody needs to listen to that.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #231 on: January 23, 2015, 07:30:41 PM »
Because certain people feel the need to reinforce their dogma.

This is why we prefer competition and objectivity when it comes to gameplay and guidelines; believe what you want and, if it's true, you'll be vindicated when you win. If you lose, it might not really be that great of a position to hold.

You just will never get it will you, the one fight you can not win is with our long standing community.

Offline maxy

• Copper Member
« Reply #232 on: January 23, 2015, 07:38:13 PM »
HAHA School girls ....
<S>Latrobe

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2015, 07:43:48 PM »
Just going to get a little off topic here to post this video because it perfectly suits what's going on in AH2 right now and I thought I'd share it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9vciR0TPpM

And now, as Kingpin said, let's get back on topic. People I admire in not only this game but any game ever are people who have a positive attitude, are fun and funny to play with, and generally bring a positive to the community and the game. People like raynos, Glzz, Crabby, Copprhed, RedBull, ammo, Player1, and many many MANY more that I simply can not list in 1 post. These players all have different flying styles, different skill levels, some are just unbeatable in their favorite plan, and others are just joe average, but what they all have in common is they are fun to be around and play with. I want more people like these guys in the game!  :salute :cheers:

FINALLY!!! Someone mentioned me!   :x

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2015, 08:42:33 PM »
Latrobe must be drunk if I got meantioned...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2015, 09:20:47 PM »

I'd say thats pretty damn accurate
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2015, 09:22:51 PM »
Wow this thread has been a nice trip down memory lane, lots of great names that I remember very fondly.  I'm amazed that I even earned an honorable mention in there somewhere.  I think Stampf hit the nail on the head, it's up to each person to decide if they want to add to the game and community or detract from it, and how each person carries themselves says a lot more in what people think and how you're remembered than how many cartoon airplanes you can down.

Dusted the 'ol stick off tonight and spend 30-40 minutes embarrassing myself in the TA, so that I can be ready to spend 3 hours embarrassing myself tomorrow in the scenario, and I look forward to embarrassing myself some more in the MA after that. :)

:cheers:
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »
Wow this thread has been a nice trip down memory lane, lots of great names that I remember very fondly.  I'm amazed that I even earned an honorable mention in there somewhere.  I think Stampf hit the nail on the head, it's up to each person to decide if they want to add to the game and community or detract from it, and how each person carries themselves says a lot more in what people think and how you're remembered than how many cartoon airplanes you can down.

Dusted the 'ol stick off tonight and spend 30-40 minutes embarrassing myself in the TA, so that I can be ready to spend 3 hours embarrassing myself tomorrow in the scenario, and I look forward to embarrassing myself some more in the MA after that. :)

Wow now there's a name welcome back Soulyss       
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline iKo

• Nickel Member
« Reply #238 on: January 23, 2015, 10:22:56 PM »
Wow now there's a name welcome back Soulyss       

:salute

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: January 23, 2015, 10:29:37 PM »

Wow  :salute Soulyss
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"