Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23779 times)

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2015, 10:48:32 AM »
1 line that is all it takes.  :aok
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #316 on: January 25, 2015, 10:54:10 AM »
1 line that is all it takes.  :aok

Nooooo.  You know better.  You've been diggin and diggin for quite a while Bone.  lol.  Just call it for what it is...BoneHumpin :aok :rofl

I still like ya...lol.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #317 on: January 25, 2015, 10:58:18 AM »
Top Gun turned out Better.
=The Damned=
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #318 on: January 25, 2015, 11:13:17 AM »
Top Gun turned out Better.

Could be...could very-well be.

Sad truth is we'll never know because the Muppets of old are never coming back and you'll never be able to assemble that lineup again at that level of skilz.  Very sad indeed.

Edit:  but it would have been one for the ages.  Actually, in their prime, Grizz, Bighorn, Batfink, Fester, Kappa and Skyrock prolly were not regularly beatable.  Certainly not in a 6 v 6.  You can sub Moot for any of these.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:18:03 AM by Changeup »

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: January 25, 2015, 11:36:14 AM »
Our Time is now and forever will be.  :noid
=The Damned=

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #320 on: January 25, 2015, 11:37:58 AM »
Get a room, you two.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #321 on: January 25, 2015, 11:49:43 AM »
Tonight's FSO was a great example of all things outstanding for me in this game.  I signed in to the SEA Arena and had 20 mates to fly with.  20 guys who want to stay up late, or get up early in Swoops case, too fly with me.  Triton of AoM was Axis CiC and he had given me a tough assignment tonight. 3 1/2 sectors - 85 miles down the Bougainville slot in A6M5's with a single centerline 250 kg bomb.  My mission - Destroy the US air base there and all the air wing assigned.  Had 10 lads from the 162nd FG in A6m2's for company.  

Hairy doesn't come close to what we saw tonight.  It was 'The Slot' from Papy Boyington and Ba Ba Black Sheep, only in reverse.  My boys were to be the flaming zekes getting painted onto the sides of those big arse Corsair's.  No, not this time.  I took the flight on an end around and came into the target unmolested.  We delivered our ordinance onto the target...didn't hit a damn thing...never said we were bomber pilots, then set about engaging the F4u's, P-39's and P-40's that appeared on the scene with bad intent on their mind.  Out gunned, out classed and fighting from an altitude disadvantage after our attack, I encouraged to the boys to...own the fight...to fight it on their terms and simply take the initiative and never give it back.  And so it was...we destroyed the entire CAP, 18 souls in all, for the loss of 10 men KIA.  I'll take that every time in an attack mission in the pacific.

We even rearmed and made a second strike which resulted in a Hanger destroyed, and a few more scalps granted from the hapless foemen.  All I could think all night was...'Where else can I see this'...

With all the game and tech available today...we can play or be anything we want.  Here, in the Halls of AH...We play WWII Fighter Pilot.

Heya Stampf,

your JG11 AAR for Jan FSO frame 3 verses our 412th FNVG  Jan. 23rd FSO frame 3 AAR seem to be a tad bit off..... I think I need to go take another look at the logs..... lol ( joking )

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Damned ( from AW/WB/Targetware - Target Rabual/ FA pre year 2000 ) which is my group and also whel's has a wing under his tag ( not sure who all is still flying in his wing ) was a great big ol' fun and enjoyable group of people, who for the most part simply played for fun and to help in any way we could to help others in the game learn the game, enjoy the game, design scenarios, design terrains, make plane skins, etc etc ad infinium......

Drano & Joker ( Joker1 ) were the CO's for the Damned SE / Damned FSO squad which ran up to around 2008/2009,

As Kruel ( and skyyr I think ) have mentioned, they decided to break away from and form their own damned squad here in AH, nothing else needs to be said about it......... I hardly fly in the MA and when I do I fly for the knights as has always been the case since the Damned moved and settled there back in 2001, after we tried a month or so in both Bish land and Rook land.....

I agree with Kingpin/rynorush  that this topic should get back on topic, and stick on topic for those that want to post in it regarding the "Topic Title"----> "Players to admire"

it is kind of saddening that so many of these threads get side stepped & high jacked, ending up reverting to something about the Damned......  there is no reason for this, if people would just post in regards to what the topic is about and nothing more

nothing ever remains the same, if it did, then things would become stagnant and the game would whither away..... even us "old farts" ( liked your post bustr  :aok  :old: ) know that that it is possible to look back and remember the early old glory days, but we also know that things change just like the time, and we all must adapt to change or die out like the old games we once played have died out!

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #322 on: January 25, 2015, 12:11:10 PM »
 :salute TC

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #323 on: January 25, 2015, 12:26:42 PM »
These kinda threads were much more interesting 12 years ago.  :) 
Have fun, young'ins

So very true... I look back with great fondness to those fun days....
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2015, 12:53:40 PM »

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2015, 01:10:24 PM »
Heya Stampf,

your JG11 AAR for Jan FSO frame 3 verses our 412th FNVG  Jan. 23rd FSO frame 3 AAR seem to be a tad bit off..... I think I need to go take another look at the logs..... lol ( joking )

Youthful enthusiasm ?  Oh wait, can't be that.  ;)  Alzheimer's...or maybe just the Bourbon. 

<S> TC.  The 412th more and more formidable every week.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #326 on: January 25, 2015, 01:10:55 PM »
Or what?

Or embarrass yourselves with gayness in this thread.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #327 on: January 25, 2015, 01:14:14 PM »
Or embarrass yourselves with gayness in this thread.
What are you even doing here exactly?
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #328 on: January 25, 2015, 01:20:05 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:20:38 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #329 on: January 25, 2015, 01:51:07 PM »
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 10:20:51 AM by Skuzzy »