Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23506 times)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #465 on: February 02, 2015, 11:28:57 AM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #466 on: February 02, 2015, 12:22:24 PM »
Totally different personalities. Midday had a certain charm and charisma about him that made him worth talking to.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:01 PM »
Totally different personalities. Midday had a certain charm and charisma about him that made him worth talking to.

Agreed, Midway was at least funny. Skyyr is just a plague that needs to go. I miss Midway and his Spit, at least he would fight you.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #468 on: February 02, 2015, 12:50:41 PM »

+1
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #469 on: February 02, 2015, 12:52:47 PM »
Later thread this one needs to just get locked, again The Damned turned something that was supposed to be the first decent thread in a while into their dog and pony show.

I beg to differ, JunkyII....  The Damned has done no such thing...... just look back at the first and only post I made to this thread

The Damned ( from AW/WB/Targetware - Target Rabual/ FA pre year 2000 ) which is my group and also whel's has a wing under his tag ( not sure who all is still flying in his wing ) was a great big ol' fun and enjoyable group of people, who for the most part simply played for fun and to help in any way we could to help others in the game learn the game, enjoy the game, design scenarios, design terrains, make plane skins, etc etc ad infinium......

Drano & Joker ( Joker1 ) were the CO's for the Damned SE / Damned FSO squad which ran up to around 2008/2009,

As Kruel ( and skyyr I think ) have mentioned, they decided to break away from and form their own damned squad here in AH, nothing else needs to be said about it......... I hardly fly in the MA and when I do I fly for the knights as has always been the case since the Damned moved and settled there back in 2001, after we tried a month or so in both Bish land and Rook land.....

I agree with Kingpin/rynorush  that this topic should get back on topic, and stick on topic for those that want to post in it regarding the "Topic Title"----> "Players to admire"

it is kind of saddening that so many of these threads get side stepped & high jacked, ending up reverting to something about the Damned......  there is no reason for this, if people would just post in regards to what the topic is about and nothing more

nothing ever remains the same, if it did, then things would become stagnant and the game would whither away..... even us "old farts" ( liked your post bustr  :aok  :old: ) know that that it is possible to look back and remember the early old glory days, but we also know that things change just like the time, and we all must adapt to change or die out like the old games we once played have died out!

Cheers

TC

I fully understand the concept of why the OP made this thread...... and just a FYI, The Damned did not hijack nor turn this thread in to our own little dog and pony show! not my Damned squadron, anyhow......  :old: we don't do stuff like that  :bolt:

:cheers:

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline cohofly

• Copper Member
« Reply #470 on: February 02, 2015, 12:53:05 PM »
I thought this was a thread about "who we admire in game" not "who we dont".
Here s who I admire.
The CM's
The Training Corps
The Terrain Builders
The Skinners
The CiC's
All of these folks spend untold hours of their own time ensuring that the rest of us can have some fun in various arenas at various times! Without these volunteers the game would not be what it is today!
<S> Carver
Carver CO -55thFg/38thFS-
"Heinie Honking and LocoBusting"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #471 on: February 02, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »
Slashilishous!!   Sup slut?    :devil
Living the dream!  :D

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #472 on: February 02, 2015, 01:00:54 PM »
That has been his M.O. the entire time here in AH.   
He values his video game image more than his own actual life... Pretty sad
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #473 on: February 02, 2015, 01:04:16 PM »
:aok I actually loved watching midway talk on 200  :rofl
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #474 on: February 02, 2015, 01:11:49 PM »

I beg to differ, JunkyII....  The Damned has done no such thing...... just look back at the first and only post I made to this thread

I fully understand the concept of why the OP made this thread...... and just a FYI, The Damned did not hijack nor turn this thread in to our own little dog and pony show! not my Damned squadron, anyhow......  :old: we don't do stuff like that  :bolt:

TC

Hiya, TC! No confusion tween The Damned and Damned Ice Cream Kones. It's all good. I've always admired ya.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #475 on: February 02, 2015, 01:23:16 PM »
Agreed, Midway was at least funny. Skyyr is just a plague that needs to go. I miss Midway and his Spit, at least he would fight you.

You think there's too many players in the MA?

We have a lot of young players. 

Best thing to do is be an admirable example.   :aok

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #476 on: February 02, 2015, 01:47:55 PM »

TC

That has been established TC.  As Arlo stated, we know the score.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #477 on: February 02, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
Skyrr seems alright to me.  Haven't read anything that tells me otherwise. :salute

Now, Midway I'm kinda partial too. Very nice pilot and pretty decent in a fight too if I do say so myself.  :)

... and they both seem to like flying in Aces High very much. :aok

:airplane: :joystick:

Hi Midway! 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #478 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49:17 PM »
Was talking about amp. He IS Midway
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #479 on: February 02, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
You think there's too many players in the MA?

We have a lot of young players. 

Best thing to do is be an admirable example.   :aok

Latrobe is "an admirable example".  
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011