Author Topic: Beating a dead horse ?  (Read 13200 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Beating a dead horse ?
« Reply #180 on: February 22, 2015, 05:12:56 PM »
Ya that did suck didn't it. I'm not in your click, not ever going to be in your click. I'm your in-game enemy are you guys really this naive and ignorant to that? Think I give a darn about your respect lol? Some of you have been playing this game so long doing the same thing over and over to stroke your ego that you have grown out of touch.  Don't like it have yourself or someone else buy a shade account and hunt me down to the ends of AH earth.

If I can see but my enemy can't who cares? I have a war to win :bhead

Once there was the EW arena. Much smaller numbers than the LW for sure, but stable activity, fights and battles 24/7.
Then a group of players thought it's a fun idea to roll the arena. Gathering likeminded individuals they made the arena their home and massively outnumbered their opposition. Not only that, but they were using the number discrepancy to their advantage in such a way as to always pile onto the country with none or almost none defenders. When encountering substantial resistance, they would just switch their target to the other country.

The important thing: They used a very similar line of argumentation "It's not our problem the rooks/bish/nits don't have enough players to defend" "suck it up loser" "it's a war out there, not going to play to please you"

In the end, they made gameplay very much unbearable for anyone but their two "supersquads". Either they totally dominated their opposition or totally avoided them, using the arena settings to their advantage.

The result: First about anyone but them left for good. Then they finally got bored themselves of winning wars against nobody and mostly left AH for other games. And the EW arena is now mostly functionally dead.

If you wanna displease me by shooting me down, grabbing my bases, sinking my CV's - go ahead by all means. All that means battles, which is what I joined AH for. And you can bet I lost a lot of battles, fights and planes in my time.

But when I'm displeased because I can't find any battles at all (which is, at low hours, aggravated by having the HQ down for hours), I will simply go away.

Like I said earlier: I will not leave because of the HQ only. But it would be because it's one of three or four of them.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #181 on: February 22, 2015, 05:32:11 PM »
I'm pretty sure this HQ griefer situation will be addressed in the next version. Too bad there couldn't be a patch to fix it now
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: February 22, 2015, 05:32:28 PM »
When a person is flamed you get sarcasm out the ass. I play to win the war. This isn't EW it's LW, I point out how awesome it was what the 49th did and you guys are on fire and up in arms. You can have all the criticism you want and I'm st I'll going to sit back and laugh. I'm not that guy and don't care if you think I am or not. So deal with it.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 22, 2015, 05:35:50 PM »
This isn't EW it's LW

I think you fully missed the point of my story.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #184 on: February 22, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
I'm pretty sure this HQ griefer situation will be addressed in the next version. Too bad there couldn't be a patch to fix it now

Hardening the HQ is a setting that could be made now. When the war was won and the next map came up it would have the new setting and the HQ would be harder to drop.

When a person is flamed you get sarcasm out the ass. I play to win the war. This isn't EW it's LW, I point out how awesome it was what the 49th did and you guys are on fire and up in arms. You can have all the criticism you want and I'm st I'll going to sit back and laugh. I'm not that guy and don't care if you think I am or not. So deal with it.

The point of the story is just because you CAN do a thing doesn't mean you SHOULD do a thing.  Keep doing what your doing and soon there will be no other players to play with.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: February 22, 2015, 05:45:44 PM »
I appreciate that ;) mbailey the statement is made in whole to the click of guys including yourself who primarily FP and could care less about the war effort. The quote unquote best sticks in the game who consider themselves above all others and diminish those who aren't on their level. Forgive me for getting you wrong I'm serious. I'll shut up and crawl back in my hole from where I came.
You give me way to much credit. You do not know me nor how I play. I'm not sure what you mean by FP.....but if you mean furball, that's not what I do at all. Normally when I play it's with a group of other players that like taking bases. What we enjoy is fighting to take those bases, but taking them nonetheless. Actually some of the best base takes result in failure, but having a great time doing it. Do I enjoy a furball? Absolutely, but what I really enjoy is that knuckle biting base grab that has little chance of success.
Literally everything you typed about me is 100% wrong, but I'm sure it made you feel better

I believe at this point your just spewing things out for only reasons you know, or care about

Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: February 22, 2015, 05:55:18 PM »
You give me way to much credit. You do not know me nor how I play. I'm not sure what you mean by FP.....but if you mean furball, that's not what I do at all. Normally when I play it's with a group of other players that like taking bases. What we enjoy is fighting to take those bases, but taking them nonetheless. Actually some of the best base takes result in failure, but having a great time doing it. Do I enjoy a furball? Absolutely, but what I really enjoy is that knuckle biting base grab that has little chance of success.
Literally everything you typed about me is 100% wrong, but I'm sure it made you feel better

I believe at this point your just spewing things out for only reasons you know, or care about
He's just a troll bailey
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:04:26 PM by MajWoody »

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #187 on: February 22, 2015, 09:21:38 PM »
RE: reply #183

Snailman, it won't be just 1 person that misses the point of your story.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: February 22, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »

FP= fighter pilot.

Hey woody... you trolled my thread to call me a troll....

:x hahahahahahahahaha
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #189 on: February 22, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
FP= fighter pilot.

Hey woody... you trolled my thread to call me a troll....

:x hahahahahahahahaha

My god you're annoying.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #190 on: February 22, 2015, 10:33:53 PM »
My god you're annoying.

He acts awfully familiar...
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2015, 10:45:12 PM »
Tonight was the worst of all.  I use to like the Fester map but now it sucks the big one.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: February 23, 2015, 12:53:56 AM »
He acts awfully familiar...
The kill club comes to mind.
Seems to be a former vTARD though. That explains the rolling undefended bases and bailing when any opposition shows up. This one is full of weak.  :ahand

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2015, 06:48:11 AM »
The best part of last nights hq attack was all the red players that came for easy kills on the goons.  They died quickly.  That was great fun.

Offline 428CJ

• Copper Member
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2015, 04:49:40 PM »
Just logged in to MA.  No country dar,   can't tell if bases are flashing from GVs or planes.

So I logged out.

Hope they get this fixed soon.