Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 24359 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #420 on: February 25, 2016, 09:34:39 AM »
So I get all the bombers out in a line on my field. Then I take a very close look at them all. They are in their damage model skin rather than the skin when you spawn. I was hoping to form two lineups together, bombers and fighters of all the WW2 aircraft in the game for photo ops to show what is in our stable. I doubt anyone outside of veterans to AH would appreciate looking at the damage modeling.

Are you looking at them in TE or in game?

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #421 on: February 25, 2016, 10:07:16 AM »
Here's a panzer4-F in offline mode. It's been all the damaged objects since the first time I tried this, years and years ago.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #422 on: February 25, 2016, 11:49:43 AM »
Ok so it is not normal for some of the tanks I've laid down on my terrain to be tracked. Here are two screen captures offline before I realized it would not be worth adjusting the elevation and pitch. When you get up close to the B29, you can see the bent damaged props along with the undamaged with them frozen in blurred motion. All props are in that state.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #423 on: February 25, 2016, 12:29:56 PM »
I'll take a look why it's displaying the damage shapes.

Should be a simple fix.

1 minute later.

Yep was a simple fix.

HiTech

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:32:31 PM by hitech »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #424 on: February 25, 2016, 12:55:19 PM »
A little present for you bustr.

HiTech
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 12:57:07 PM by hitech »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #425 on: February 25, 2016, 01:01:00 PM »
My wife has been wondering where the flat spot on my forehead came from...... :bhead

Thank you for fixing it Hitech, now I can finish setting up my aircraft offerings photo op. And make some tanks look more realistic on hillsides. :O

I was typing while you posted Hitech.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.................... :aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #426 on: February 25, 2016, 01:04:33 PM »
My wife has been wondering where the flat spot on my forehead came from...... :bhead

Thank you for fixing it Hitech, now I can finish setting up my aircraft offerings photo op. And make some tanks look more realistic on hillsides. :O

I was typing while you posted Hitech.   THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR.................... :aok

Double checking that you saw the attachment.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #427 on: February 25, 2016, 01:18:53 PM »
Nice, thanks!
(I was composing this and 3 replies later lol)

When Waffle gets bored, how about some damage shapes for dumb train cars and trucks to put into rail yards and motor pools?

None of these show up in the Object Editor and my thinking is to build a railyard, but maybe that's what you already have in mind?

truck
blitz
blitz1
blitz2
box1
boxcar
caboose
flakcar (both of these track the drones and can't be destroyed with .det f01str 2)
guncar (both of these track the drones and can't be destroyed with .det f01str 2)
flat0
flat1
flat2
flat3
flatbed
htender
tender
hudson
loco
sleeper
tanker1
tanker2

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 01:21:55 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #428 on: February 25, 2016, 05:36:56 PM »
With Beta7 the damage modeling skin no longer shows. Still the props are all in that fuzzy motion capture state.

All the bombers are adjusted, ugggh, now the fighters. Wonder if I should set down all the GV and WW1 planes in separate areas near by the fighters and bombers? The Ju88 is very resistant to small adjustments of pitch. The tail wheel just doesn't want to touch the ground.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:45:43 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #429 on: February 25, 2016, 05:49:50 PM »
You might also like these.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #430 on: February 25, 2016, 07:10:55 PM »
Looks like an erector set for bug boys. :aok
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #431 on: February 25, 2016, 10:24:28 PM »
We have a boat load of WW2 rides. This is all the bombers and fighters. The fighters side by side stretch the length of the runway. Tomorrow I will adjust the pitch on the fighters.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #432 on: February 26, 2016, 10:18:45 AM »
Did you happen to note any frame rate difference with all those planes?

I've always wanted to scatter a few terrain appropriate aircraft around the fields for the additional immersion.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #433 on: February 26, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »
With Beta7 the damage modeling skin no longer shows. Still the props are all in that fuzzy motion capture state.

Found a way to default the running prop image to be hidden by default. Wrote it this morning, we will be puting out another patch today primarily to fix the miss match tile in tank land today. It is a shape issue not a terrain issue.

HiTech

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #434 on: February 26, 2016, 10:30:07 AM »
Nice. This keeps getting better and better!
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001