Author Topic: Terrain Editor  (Read 24362 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Terrain Editor
« Reply #450 on: February 28, 2016, 12:08:59 PM »
Easycor,

Here join the fun, see if you can sqweek something out of this one. I changed field ownership to knights as you suggested. Bizman wants me to eventually move the rides around into some kind of a country block formation to make take a poster screen shot to show case all the rides. Can I start smacking my head again...... :O

Use Ridesgun03, it has the bases split between two countries. didn't realize making all the bases knights but the HQ was bish would be a problem.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 12:29:53 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #451 on: February 28, 2016, 01:17:55 PM »
Here you go.

1. - Field pass using the storch.
2. - Field pass using the P51D.

I have no clue how to turn these into any kind of other movie. I hope they will help as is. Now that I've got egg on my face, I'm including the correct version of the terrain with these films.

Those objects grouped together like that eat the FPS.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #452 on: February 28, 2016, 01:44:07 PM »
I think I can get all the fighters onto the big end of Marsden matting. Should make an interesting screen capture. Glad I backup this stuff. Once you move the fighter object, it keeps the primary elevation but, zero's the pitch. I'll copy those numbers in from a backup after I get the fighters positioned.

My wife is laughing at me over my shoulder. What else are Sundays for......... :rofl

Update: Getting there................... :O

« Last Edit: February 28, 2016, 03:05:40 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #453 on: February 28, 2016, 05:48:00 PM »
Ok, if anyone wants to give this terrain a shot for films or photo ops.

Attached is the res file, placing all of the planes in that small space eats FPS to the point that the film is no longer recording the green color of the ground. It records the clutter and trees, but defaults the ground color to sand.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #454 on: February 28, 2016, 07:22:05 PM »
Btw buster if you select all the planes and vehicles and the do a make group.

It will be easy to place at a later date.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #455 on: February 28, 2016, 08:06:50 PM »
Thank you, something kept bugging me about not deleting anything yet.

If I make a group out of that, will the group's properties file include the pitch settings? Or do I make a "notes.txt" and save it in the folder with the final tweeked pitch and elevation settings for that field "object group"?

Any chance you can reveal roll,pitch,yaw in the GUI so they can be set there and kept with a save? I got so used to saving after every tweek that I would blow out the pitch I set by manual editing the oba file. Then when I moved all of these onto the Marsden matting, everything zero'd.

On the other hand I understand not making this an easy process. Frame rates are so easy to kill thinking you are being clever and artistic.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #456 on: February 28, 2016, 08:12:21 PM »
Just made the object group.

WoW!!

I now have the source for all aircraft pitch, and to recreate that photo op for later shots or adding new rides to it.

Thank you for your suggestion.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #457 on: February 29, 2016, 04:44:24 AM »
It is the v base used in the tank land terrain, yes it can be used in any terrain, it will  have a few mods done to it yet, we forgot to put and exit pad in it.

It is a vbase that is not a square object but you should level the terrain where you place the object.

HiTech

I've been playing around with the new V base. Being only 1/8th of a mile square it opens up some interesting possibilities for map design such as really tight canyon fights. I also considered replacing the SPs around tank town with a load of small V bases, but I think this would let TT be rolled up quickly in off hours.

I have a question regarding the new base. As it is not a square tile object does the "only one STO in a four mile red square" rule apply? Can I place more than one of these bases in a red square or place one or more in a red square which has an STO in it already?

Also, I got an "invalid position" message when I tried to move into a field gun.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:15:06 AM by Greebo »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #458 on: February 29, 2016, 08:34:35 AM »
I've been playing around with the new V base. Being only 1/8th of a mile square it opens up some interesting possibilities for map design such as really tight canyon fights. I also considered replacing the SPs around tank town with a load of small V bases, but I think this would let TT be rolled up quickly in off hours.

I have a question regarding the new base. As it is not a square tile object does the "only one STO in a four mile red square" rule apply? Can I place more than one of these bases in a red square or place one or more in a red square which has an STO in it already?

Also, I got an "invalid position" message when I tried to move into a field gun.

The field does not have a player controlled  gun.

The 1 per red 4 mile only applies to square (Tile) objects, unlimited number can be of any other objects. And these can also be place on top of Tile objects.

The Tank land terrain is 4 - 4x4 mile objects all sitting next to each other, with these bases placed on them in the TE editor.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #459 on: February 29, 2016, 11:57:57 AM »
Something was familiar about the road pattern. Then I just figured Waffle was testing a prototype for the road tool.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2016, 06:53:18 PM »
The two tiles in the Eruo terr set that create rock with scattered trees on it. The last on to the right on the bottom row and the first to the left on the next row up. At a distance they create beautiful rock faces until you drive on them or up to them and they are covered in grass.

Is the grass clutter on these tiles a function of the pitch of the slope? Does it not get included if the slope is say 70-90 degrees and at a distance the bump mapping gives the illusion of a rock face? Or is the grass clutter there even on vertical faces?

I've been scratching my head on how to get a rock only transition no matter what. I suppose anyone building a full MA terrain will not be worried about things this micro focused as I've been getting with my single island terrain.

Here is the current iteration of my terrain with all of the aircraft, tank lines, and Waffle memorial sigs removed. I've done my best with the rock faces that are exposed.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2016, 10:42:02 AM »
Gonna try making a terrain with custom textures this weekend.  Maybe something snow-covered, or desert.  Should be interesting.  This new system is so different.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
« Reply #462 on: March 22, 2016, 05:55:23 PM »
So im Working on the Baltic Map conversion. (thanks EasyScor, Skuzzy, and everyone else who have helped document the terrain editor. The transition from Engines like Unity and UE4 was painless thanks to that documentation) My only question is that pretty much most of the beaches are all messed up either via sunken landmasses or beaches that are  double the size they should be. I figured id start there and clean up and correct the beaches and sunken landmasses. Well I saved what id done so far, built it, and loaded it in the offline mission mode to notice that AH3 is placing Trees/bushes on the beaches.  I cant figure out how to correct it. can someone point me in the right direction?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #463 on: March 22, 2016, 06:32:33 PM »
In the elevation pain, there is a create all beaches, do this twice then start manual beach clean up.

HiTech

Offline NerdFather

• Zinc Member
« Reply #464 on: March 22, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »
Thanks HiTech