Author Topic: N1k and other planes.  (Read 4974 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: N1k and other planes.
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »
TA152 with one nose mounted 30 and 2 wing mounted 20's is the second best gun package behind the ME262's quad 30's.

There is no debate, these are Luftwaffe aircraft, not for the faint of heart my friends :)
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2015, 02:40:23 PM »
nope me410 2x mk101 30mm is hands down best in all categories

Unfortunately it's mounted to a vehicle with the flight properties of a crowbar. ;)

NIK's an oddball to request perking.  As many have stated, there are plenty of aircraft that deserve it more.  By the logic for the NIK, pretty much anything with quad 20mms should be perked.

In a 1v1 I'd way rather have a -4 hog than a C, but for tooling around the arena furballing and/or hunting buffs, those guns with that long clip attached to that plane are perkworthy.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2015, 02:45:48 PM »
TA152 with one nose mounted 30 and 2 wing mounted 20's is the second best gun package behind the ME262's quad 30's.

There is no debate, these are Luftwaffe aircraft, not for the faint of heart my friends :)

I would agree if they were easier to use...

the quad 20's in my opinion are by far the easier gun package to use, extremely devastating firepower...much easier to use...

making it the deadliest gun package in game....

now just attach them to my Ki84 and I will be quite happy.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2015, 02:48:51 PM »
I can't see the kI84 being nearly as agile with quad 20mms. Look what happens to any 109 when you slap on those gondolas.
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 02:51:20 PM »
I can't see the kI84 being nearly as agile with quad 20mms. Look what happens to any 109 when you slap on those gondolas.

A lot of that is likely drag though.  I think a more close representation of what would happen to the KI would be comparing a 190A5 with the 2x20mms to a 190A5 with 4x20mm.  It doesn't lose THAT much.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 02:56:39 PM »
That could have more to do with their wing-loadings though. the 190s already have a high wing loading so I don't think the extra weight would affect them as much as a plane with a lower wing-loading. I'm not really sure though, probably worth looking into *Nerd mode activated* 
See Rule #4

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 03:02:29 PM »
Good point.  Tough to say without knowing way more about aerodynamics than I do.  Applying broad logic doesn't often work for aircraft from what I've seen. :)

Wiley.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 04:14:34 PM »
actually from what I read, not only is it more agile, it climbs better also....

would most definitely have to be perked.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
actually from what I read, not only is it more agile, it climbs better also....

would most definitely have to be perked.

:headscratch: Did it have a different motor? Because throwing the extra 20mms into the one we have in game now wouldn't make it more agile and certainly wouldn't make it climb better.

They would have had to increase the power and/or shed weight in other areas in order to become more maneuverable and have better performance. My guess is they might have removed pilot armor or fuel tanks but I'm not sure.
See Rule #4

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 05:34:03 PM »
:headscratch: Did it have a different motor? Because throwing the extra 20mms into the one we have in game now wouldn't make it more agile and certainly wouldn't make it climb better.

They would have had to increase the power and/or shed weight in other areas in order to become more maneuverable and have better performance. My guess is they might have removed pilot armor or fuel tanks but I'm not sure.

I believe (could be wrong) they added power....

trying to find where I read it.....but I think it was a PDF of the Hayate which I dont have anymore....

edit
reading up on it....seems it was the same engine, but they changed some metal parts to wood...loosing weight....

guess I was completely wrong...haha
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:00:15 PM by ink »

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2015, 07:54:29 PM »

now just attach them to my Ki84 and I will be quite happy.

J2M w/ quad 20mms and we might be as close as it gets.

I'll keep praying to see it in game  :pray
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2015, 08:06:04 PM »
J2M w/ quad 20mms and we might be as close as it gets.

I'll keep praying to see it in game  :pray

we should see the quad 20 on the 84....no reason for it not to be included...

reading up more...there is so much differing views...(maybe this in itself will keep it from being included...it definitely saw combat though)

someone in a forum I was reading...was saying that all the later model Ki84 came with the better engine....add that to the replacing of metal parts to wood....(like the whole back half of fuselage) plus more....

it would absolutely have to be perked...

we are talking a plane that handles as good and possibly even better then the spitfire....out climbs the K4.... with the firepower of the hurri2c...

hahahaha  that would be insane.....

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 08:43:18 PM »
someone in a forum I was reading...was saying that all the later model Ki84 came with the better engine....add that to the replacing of metal parts to

The Ki-84-N with the 2500hp Nakajima Ha-219 air cooled radial engine and the Ki-84-P, also with the 2500hp Nakajima Ha-219 air cooled radial engine and the Ki-84-R with the 2000hp Nakajima Ha-45-23 with a mechanically-driven two-stage three-speed supercharger, never made it past the prototype stage, if they even got that far in the development process.

we should see the quad 20 on the 84....no reason for it not to be included...

reading up more...there is so much differing views...(maybe this in itself will keep it from being included...it definitely saw combat though)

The Ki-84-Ib was in service in China as part of the air and ground offensive against the 14th AF and to intercept B-29s flying out of China but as you pointed out, the numbers were limited and probably didn't outfit an entire Sentai.  The Ki-84-Ic (2x 20mm cannons, 2x 30mm cannons) was also sent to air units in China to intercept 14th AF bombers.  But as the same problem with the Ki-84-Ib, service records are scarce and the exact number isn't known, also again like the Ki-84-Ib, it probably wasn't sufficient enough to equip a full Sentai.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2015, 09:41:11 PM »
Nothing more than speculation on my part, but from the cursory comparisons I've made re: the J2M and its variants, I can't imagine it being an uber turner. The J2M5 would give most LW planes a real challenge because aircraft malfunction is not modeled. I've heard it was overmodeled in other sims. I know that wouldn't happen in AH.

If J2M5 has to be perked so be it. From my limited knowledge gathered mostly from you gents here about flight modeling; the J2M would actually have quite a bit of balance, a good turner, excellent climb/acceleration would make it a formidable BnZ.

But we'll have to see the Beaufighter guys are louder...

I still  :pray for it
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2015, 10:02:00 PM »
The Ki-84-N with the 2500hp Nakajima Ha-219 air cooled radial engine and the Ki-84-P, also with the 2500hp Nakajima Ha-219 air cooled radial engine and the Ki-84-R with the 2000hp Nakajima Ha-45-23 with a mechanically-driven two-stage three-speed supercharger, never made it past the prototype stage, if they even got that far in the development process.

The Ki-84-Ib was in service in China as part of the air and ground offensive against the 14th AF and to intercept B-29s flying out of China but as you pointed out, the numbers were limited and probably didn't outfit an entire Sentai.  The Ki-84-Ic (2x 20mm cannons, 2x 30mm cannons) was also sent to air units in China to intercept 14th AF bombers.  But as the same problem with the Ki-84-Ib, service records are scarce and the exact number isn't known, also again like the Ki-84-Ib, it probably wasn't sufficient enough to equip a full Sentai.

cc thanx for info....

IIRC 500 or so of the quad 20's went into service...none of the 30's saw service.....