Author Topic: Example of Wrong  (Read 5144 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Example of Wrong
« on: March 21, 2015, 12:21:21 AM »
My hits cause a 109 to lose his engine.  He ditches right in front of me.  No kill.  Call it what you want but its an example of wrong.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: Example of Wrong
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 08:35:45 AM »
I followed a mustang through a low, slow loop.  I had too use flap to pull out in time, the mustang didn't.  The mustang hit the ground at the perfect speed and angle to get an accidental, quick ditch.  The quickest ditch I have ever seen.

The point is, given perfect a set of conditions, a quick ditch can look suspicious when it is not.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:23:50 AM »
My hits cause a 109 to lose his engine.  He ditches right in front of me.  No kill.  Call it what you want but its an example of wrong.

You can't kill a glider?  :neener: 

It's simply home field advantage.  I would call that pure "win".  :aok

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2015, 09:26:46 AM »
I followed a mustang through a low, slow loop.  I had too use flap to pull out in time, the mustang didn't.  The mustang hit the ground at the perfect speed and angle to get an accidental, quick ditch.  The quickest ditch I have ever seen.

The point is, given perfect a set of conditions, a quick ditch can look suspicious when it is not.

Big difference between following someone for a proxy and shooting their engine out.  It's a ridiculous fail that the system can't tell the difference.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 09:32:15 AM »
If the closest base you land to is friendly, it's a ditch.  If it's an enemy base, then you get a capture.

Seems pretty realistic actually.  IRL, pilots weren't usually captured over their own territory.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 09:56:31 AM »
A kill is the death of a pilot, you killed the engine, not the pilot.  :neener:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »
If the closest base you land to is friendly, it's a ditch.  If it's an enemy base, then you get a capture.

Seems pretty realistic actually.  IRL, pilots weren't usually captured over their own territory.

And here's where we lose reality.  WWII victories were about the destruction of the aircraft.  People recorded planes they shot down as victories and it didn't matter how close they were to any base and it didn't matter if the opposing pilot died.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2015, 01:39:59 PM »
A kill is the death of a pilot, you killed the engine, not the pilot.  :neener:

And by killing the engine, I destroyed the plane, hence the ridonkulousness of how its scored. 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2015, 03:02:48 PM »
This isn't WWII. Also, if you were on the other end of the stick you would want to deny the shooter from getting the kill (particularly if it is a HO). Regardless, this happens so seldom that a rule change would influence more reasonable kills than the unreasonable.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 04:41:17 PM »
This isn't WWII. Also, if you were on the other end of the stick you would want to deny the shooter from getting the kill (particularly if it is a HO). Regardless, this happens so seldom that a rule change would influence more reasonable kills than the unreasonable.

It's not a rule, tool, it's a flaw in the game design.  Whether a pilot wants it or not isn't the point, he got beat.  That should turn the lights up for ya

Happens multiple times a night in the arena base on the number of guys complaining about the ditch on 200 but thanks for your input
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 04:43:19 PM by Changeup »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:07 PM »
Watch the name calling. I disagree with you. It doesn't make me a tool.

Seems you muppets all suffer from the same problem. I'm tired of it. Take it to another game.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2015, 01:08:54 AM »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2015, 09:51:13 AM »
Watch the name calling. I disagree with you. It doesn't make me a tool.

Seems you muppets all suffer from the same problem. I'm tired of it. Take it to another game.

I don't care if you're tired of anything.  Here, you go sit over there------------------------------------------------------------->and wait for a "care" to drop into my hands and then I'll give it ya, mmkay?

You guys all want the flight models, ballistics, ammo loadouts, CV speeds, gunsights and ALL this other BS to right but you don't want the victory model to be correct?  Horribly toolish. Its easy fix.  The pilot gets the kill and the downed pilot still gets his ditch, capture or whatever. 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2015, 12:32:13 PM »
Lame excuse Changeup. Your petulant attitude is what needs to go. Your response to me, or anyone else that doesn't agree with you is always negative and dismissive. You are incapable of an adult discussion.

Let me put this in a way you can understand it. If you don't actually kill the airplane, then you do not get the kill. The cutoff line needs to occur at some point. A single 'miraculous' hit that just happens to hit the oil is not the same as killing the plane and does not qualify as having done enough damage to be awarded a kill. The fact that a pilot can ditch at all proves the point.

And to be completely clear, I have shot the entire tail section off of Yaks and seen them ditch. I didn't whine, so why are you? Don't answer, it's rhetorical with the answer already noted.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 12:44:09 PM »
Lame excuse Changeup. Your petulant attitude is what needs to go. Your response to me, or anyone else that doesn't agree with you is always negative and dismissive. You are incapable of an adult discussion.

Let me put this in a way you can understand it. If you don't actually kill the airplane, then you do not get the kill. The cutoff line needs to occur at some point. A single 'miraculous' hit that just happens to hit the oil is not the same as killing the plane and does not qualify as having done enough damage to be awarded a kill. The fact that a pilot can ditch at all proves the point.

And to be completely clear, I have shot the entire tail section off of Yaks and seen them ditch. I didn't whine, so why are you? Don't answer, it's rhetorical with the answer already noted.

A.  Dumb answer, very dumb but self serving as expected
B.  Who are you and who appointed you bug responder for HTC

If you don't have an answer to B, don't reply because your pay grade isn't high enough for a meaningful response..  It's just wannabe-know-it-all kinda kush.  Sorry, I didn't have time to read any of your response.