Author Topic: GV, returning to a spawn safely?  (Read 504 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
GV, returning to a spawn safely?
« on: March 24, 2015, 08:06:07 AM »
When returning to a spawn arrow on the map, I get killed when ending sortie sometimes.  Someone had said on vox there is a distance rule involved from a red.

What are the rules for returning to a gv spawn safely?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: GV, returning to a spawn safely?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 08:09:41 AM »
First of all, the spawn is just that, a spawning point and has nothing to do with landing a GV at all. In fact, it's often the worst point trying to end a GV sortie, as it's a very likely place for the enemy to look for you.

It all just depends on enemy proximity. I don't remember the exact value, but it is about 6k of distance. If there's no enemy player within that radius (including pilots on foot or in manned guns), you can 'land' your sortie successfully anywhere, even on enemy bases.
On your home turf, you can still land with enemy withing 6k, but you will get a ditch (if you are undamaged and not on concrete).
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:31:45 AM »
First of all, the spawn is just that, a spawning point and has nothing to do with landing a GV at all. In fact, it's often the worst point trying to end a GV sortie, as it's a very likely place for the enemy to look for you.

It all just depends on enemy proximity. I don't remember the exact value, but it is about 6k of distance. If there's no enemy player within that radius (including pilots on foot or in manned guns), you can 'land' your sortie successfully anywhere, even on enemy bases.
On your home turf, you can still land with enemy withing 6k, but you will get a ditch (if you are undamaged and not on concrete).

I just assumed it was the place on the map with the arrow which worked sometimes and did not in others.

Thanks Lusche for straightening this out for me and I would guess many others that don't gv often.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 11:08:55 AM »
I agree with L..  No nme within 6K off friendly concrete.  That's air or ground nme btw...
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org