Author Topic: They did it again!  (Read 8729 times)

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: They did it again!
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2015, 04:32:50 PM »
No.  First, nothing in this game is courageous as it is just a cartoon, not real.  However, if you are talking cartoon courageousness then still no.  There is no flashing, no darbar, no indication whatsoever of the attack until after it's successful.  So zero probability of the mission being a failure.  Zero probability of going against any resistance.  100% probability of success.  And it's all based on a "feature" of the game, namely that the HQ can't be bothered to pick up the phone when the first shell lands and tell someone it's under attack.
wait a minute here.....

These guys do the same thing to strat factories. One example took place 3 days ago. They drove a total of 8 hours to a radar, barracks, and ords factories leveling it to 0%. I had a goon on standby the entire time and after each strat air dropped supplies. After the ords factory they drove a short 30 miles to the HQ and dropped it twice.... then camped the spawn for m3's and got around a dozen kills before landing them.

There is never a 100% guarantee of success.  There have been times where people gets disco for whatever reason then come back with a dot only to have a spy kill them half way there.

Not flashing the HQ is brilliant. It takes a lot of time to zero in a target from 3-5 miles away. Sometimes there is no direct line of sight. Sometimes after its dropped they destroy the resup convoys afterwards with no line of sight.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2015, 04:35:11 PM »
Well you guys def bring some strategies to the war game. No complaints there.. Other than if I'm playing and you kill my HQ, I will find you and I will kill you, although I don't do the whole tank thing so you lucked out there.

I do however like boobs  :cheers: if you didn't notice  :D

But what is Wizz's ingame.

I need to know so I can send my spy LVT 300 miles inorder to track down his every move.  :devil
FineTime and I always enjoy the spies. It makes for good target practice in my buffs and deversions for base takes.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 04:38:06 PM by Wizz »

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2015, 05:05:32 PM »
Lived by his country, hated by his enemies. What more can a guy ask for  :x

Might be stretching it on the love but hey its all fun in games until someone gets shot down or worse..   shaded :neener:

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2015, 05:29:41 PM »
Call me when they openly take a base way behind the lines and hold it against all attacks for a day.   That in the cartoon world would take some doing.  For those of us who are lucky if we get 15 hours a month to play the game, it's hard to imagine spending that time not engaging in cartoon combat.

Of course it's thier 14.95 but please quit trying to promote this stuff as impressive.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2015, 05:32:01 PM »
Well... Dropping your HQ is a piece of cake without spending 15 hours to drive there, i can kill it anytime and u can do nothing to stop me. But due to the effects on the game i dont drop HQ, it dont really help my team and it dont help the game.

I'm sure you can drop it..........but can you do it with out flashing it like we do. Tell me you wouldn't pull the trigger.................

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2015, 05:45:32 PM »
Call me when they openly take a base way behind the lines and hold it against all attacks for a day.   That in the cartoon world would take some doing.  For those of us who are lucky if we get 15 hours a month to play the game, it's hard to imagine spending that time not engaging in cartoon combat.

Of course it's thier 14.95 but please quit trying to promote this stuff as impressive.
that isn't their job... it's mine. I have done it several times and have to call on the 49th to help defend.

I get strats where I want it, wf/deack/drop dar with a set of lancs then sneak the goon. Never hit vbases always airfields. Recently I've been using Dundee as my troop runner with great success.  He's very handy in a tight spot.

BTW Dundee that's a gorgeous photo from yesterday!!! That right there makes the trip worth it! WTG :salute

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2015, 05:50:38 PM »
This feat was accomplished at the same time they defeated the game candy crush...

Wow this game sure has gone a different direction..

Im glad i know the guys I do here.. :D

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:34 PM »
Please do not pass it off as original as the 49th are not the first to pull long distance missions, they are not the first to fire cannon long ranges, nor are they first to attack an HQ with GV's.  All they have accomplished is the ability to affect 1/3 of the players of this game while spending most of the time leading up to the attack away from keyboard.  The 49th has taken combat avoidance and griefing to a whole new level.  Disgusting.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2015, 05:55:46 PM »
I'm sure you can drop it..........but can you do it with out flashing it like we do. Tell me you wouldn't pull the trigger.................
(Image removed from quote.)

Nope, wouldn't pull the trigger because I would have bothered going there KNOWING it hurts others play.

I play the game to have fun, but not if that fun ruins others play. The only concession to that line is if I should ruin your fun by shooting you down. Of course that IS what the game is all about.  Odds are pretty good you'll get me the next time.

It is this type of play that is slowly chasing away subscribers. You want to impress someone, up a mission with 10 guys, none going NOE and take base after base during prime time. That takes skill and planning, not some drive through the country.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2015, 05:58:51 PM »
Can I join the next 15 hour mission? I'm having trouble sleeping and this would very quickly cure my insomnia.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 08:05:04 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I wouldn't pull the trigger because there is no way i would ever waste that much time in a gv driving to a freakin HQ. I drive way too much in real life as it is. There is no "genius" in this. Its very easy to do. It takes time and luck. No skill required. What really gets me is that you guys KNOW the consequence of bringing down a HQ. It almost always makes numbers dip at least for a little while. Yet you do it anyway...like you want that result. I know the fault ultimately lies with HTC for letting that kind of horse crap happen, but until that is addressed it would be nice if people took some personal responsibility for the health of the game. Being without radar doesnt usually get me super PO'd, but there are a LOT of people who simply stop playing. They either sit in the tower or log off completely. That may help you take a few bases, but it is just the wrong way to win IMO.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:12 PM »
did they record this 15 hours sortie? post it on YouTube, I'll take a day off to watch it ;

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 08:38:59 PM »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"