Author Topic: Ben Affleck  (Read 1367 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Ben Affleck
« on: April 19, 2015, 04:14:13 PM »
Does not want anyone to know his ancesters were slave owners.

Bit odd that?

Why would you do that?

That Pearl Harbour films was my favorite romantic film as well.

i have no idea what my ancesters did or who they were, and quite frankly i could not care less.

I wonder if they had any coin cause i sure dont :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
Re: Ben Affleck
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 04:24:42 PM »
No reason to hide the past, unless Ben was also a slave owner himself.   :noid

You're right about Pearl Harbor.  I always fast forward through those meanies fighting, so I can get to more important parts.  Who cares about some old battle when love is in the air?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 10:16:37 PM »
i have no idea what my ancesters did or who they were

Here they are:

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
Here they are:

(Image removed from quote.)

More likely:

and not the one standing

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 11:03:21 AM »
The opinions and angst of an entertainer hardly concern me. It's not like he does anything of real use with his life. He makes a living doing pretend before cameras and or an audience. Big fat hairy deal. Why the hell should he not pretend to have a concern about real history when he can simply pay to have it reflect what he wants instead.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 12:22:35 PM »
So what? Ninety nine point nine percent of europeans, north americans, south americans got their surnames from their owners. We burned down the roman empire, we conquered britain, we conquered the americas and then we conquered the moon. So shut up, open a cold one, light a bowl.

And turn it up.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 02:02:46 PM »
Why would i benefit setting fire to my bowl of shredded wheat, the milk will not set on fire anyway

I have a bendy stick so i could be that standing bloke in tights

The GFC

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2015, 06:11:53 PM »
Odd indeed.  Slavery was legal and common for thousands of years.  Slave owners and slaves came in all colors and ethnicities.  We even had black slave owners in the US.

It was wrong and nothing to be proud of, but I would bet trying to hide it damaged his reputation more than any crazy idea he had that people would hold his ancestors actions against him.
AMAX  in game

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2015, 07:01:04 PM »
I am embarrassed of some of the things my ancestors did.  hell I am embarrassed of some of the things I did in vegas this weekend with my gf.  trust me what happens in vegas doesnt stay in vegas if you take somebody that posts to facebook every 20 minutes.

and yes I would ask any network to not let anybody know what I did this weekend.  then again everybody on facebook already knows.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2015, 08:01:56 PM »
I am embarrassed of some of the things my ancestors did.  hell I am embarrassed of some of the things I did in vegas this weekend with my gf.  trust me what happens in vegas doesnt stay in vegas if you take somebody that posts to facebook every 20 minutes.

and yes I would ask any network to not let anybody know what I did this weekend.  then again everybody on facebook already knows.

semp

You really believed her when she said her name was Lola didn't you?

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2015, 08:19:17 PM »
Give the guy a break.  Pearl Harbor was an excellent flick.  Watched in Denver when it came out.  Young folks glued to the screen because they did not pay attention in grammar school history classes.  None of us would welcome the scrutiny we seem so quick to bring on others.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2015, 08:42:22 PM »
I don't think that Pearl Harbor is a good movie.  It isn't one of the worst movies I've ever seen, though.  In that category is Cujo.

Excellent war movies, in my opinion:
A Bridge Too Far
Patton
Lawrence of Arabia
Midway
Das Boot
Twelve O'Clock High
Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo
Saving Private Ryan
Battle of Britain
Downfall

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2015, 11:02:07 PM »
You really believed her when she said her name was Lola didn't you?

she also said she was a virgen, what's your point?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:18 PM »
What's great about Danny and Rafe's flying in Pearl Harbor is when they turn right, they lean hard left, and when they turn left, lean hard right - watch closely, it's great.

I wonder what Ben Affleck thought would be SO terrible about the outing of one of his great great great ancestors as a slave owner?  Big deal. Michelle Obama is descended from slave owners, and has been photographed with her extended white family, so if she can accept it, I think Bennifer certainly should be able to.  I wonder if he thought it would somehow be used as "ammo" against him in tabloids or some such, but that's ridiculous IMO, anyone who tried that would be attacked be the rest of the media, so I don't see what the problem was, and why he made such a big deal out of it.  It does make for interesting reading, these leaked Sony docs...

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2015, 01:56:17 AM »
That "Zoolander" was rubbish.

If i ever met Ben i would tell him i was poor and get him to buy us all Occulist rift.

I had a dog called Ben but that is straying from the thread.

Also no publicity is bad publicity.

There were no slaves in Britain it was illegal, hanging 8 year old kids for stealing apple cores was fine though.

Your cruel to your own before you cruel to others, the Japanese were a fine example in WWII.

The GFC