Author Topic: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH  (Read 7405 times)

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH
« Reply #120 on: April 30, 2015, 04:02:53 PM »
La7,  yak3 or spit16
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #121 on: April 30, 2015, 04:42:11 PM »
Maybe same reason you post drivel in order to increase your post count.

Absolutely, Its my dream to become as Radioactive as you!  :aok

109F4 would be a "crutch" in the EW setting I thinks
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:50:07 PM by glzsqd »
See Rule #4

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: April 30, 2015, 06:39:45 PM »
E/M = Energy Maneuverability Diagram

It's the diagram that you use to get a full understanding of an aircraft's performance limitations. More importantly, however, you can overlay two aircraft's E/M diagrams and derive instantly which tactics can be used at which altitudes to beat it. There's zero guesswork.

We don't have these in AH, just simple line graphs that don't really tell us much except absolute values.

They look something like this:
(Image removed from quote.)

Can you go into more depth? Specifically, where are you getting your information from, and what exactly you're looking at in the charts?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #123 on: April 30, 2015, 07:11:03 PM »
For a low-time pilot La-7 is by far the best at defending a base, because its acceleration and speed combined with 3*20mm at typical MA altitudes (less than 10k).

Akaik I have  not seen a LA-7 with 2 guns in AH.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: April 30, 2015, 07:47:32 PM »
I just have to disagree with your agrument skyyr because if you were flying the 190D in an arena full of Vietnam fighters, the 190D would be heavely out matched even tho it would be more versatile. It's the difference in fighting with 1940 airplanes compared to 1945 airplanes. If pilot skill is the same the plane that could keep the most E during the fight would either be able to get away from his enemy or be able to get the kill. I do not agree that ACM is the #1 method to win fights because if a better performing plane is flying to its strengths better than the older plane flying to its strength, it should beat or escape the weaker plane every time. That is why the P40s were able to beat the nimble a6ms, they could climb higher (advantage one) and dive faster (advantage 2). This caused sorta of the evolution of building the fastest and most powerful planes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: April 30, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »
The thing is... it's whether or not you chose to accept you've reached a certain plateau, or you chose to believe you can still become better... that decision is entirely up to the player, and the latter is only made improbable by your doubts. For me, I simply log on and hope to not be bored to death, and have a good time.  :cheers:

You're right, careful of those absolute statements, brah.  :aok
Those G2 runs were fun, even though I kept going down....the red is like a light, if I were a bug :cheers:
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: April 30, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
Why is so much brain power being expended on video game discussions? :headscratch:

Some arguments end in having to apply realistic "theories" or logic.

If we were on a call of duty forum then yeah we have a problem.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #127 on: April 30, 2015, 09:15:48 PM »
E/M = Energy Maneuverability Diagram

It's the diagram that you use to get a full understanding of an aircraft's performance limitations. More importantly, however, you can overlay two aircraft's E/M diagrams and derive instantly which tactics can be used at which altitudes to beat it. There's zero guesswork.

We don't have these in AH, just simple line graphs that don't really tell us much except absolute values.

They look something like this:
(Image removed from quote.)

Can you go into more depth? Specifically, where are you getting your information from, and what exactly you're looking at in the charts?
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #128 on: April 30, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »
Those G2 runs were fun, even though I kept going down....the red is like a light, if I were a bug :cheers:

Yeah bro they were fun, it was a hell of an easy way to rack up almost 20 kills in that short amount of time... next time I'll be bait haha. :D

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »
If we were on a call of duty forum then yeah we have a problem.

:rofl
Top Gun

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2015, 11:20:36 PM »
No crutch planes, just players who need a crutch.   There are players who can take any of the crutch planes named and win in them without using them as a crutch, as in not running or fighting from a disadvantage. 

There are more players out there whose egos are fragile enough that they fly planes that give them a crutch.  They justify it with all kinds of reasons but in the end it's just fear of a bruised ego.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Muzzy

• Silver Member
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2015, 11:53:35 PM »
Some of the worst examples are players that get shot down in a more or less even contest, but then up a plane with better performance to get the guy that downed them. I've had that happen to me a couple of times. Mosquito vs an LA7, then the same pilot upped a Tempest to get me, for example.

CO 111 Sqdn Black Arrows

Wng Cdr, No. 2 Tactical Bomber Group, RAF, "Today's Target" Scenario. "You maydie, but you will not be bored!"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2015, 12:02:01 AM »
No crutch planes, just players who need a crutch.   There are players who can take any of the crutch planes named and win in them without using them as a crutch, as in not running or fighting from a disadvantage. 

There are more players out there whose egos are fragile enough that they fly planes that give them a crutch.  They justify it with all kinds of reasons but in the end it's just fear of a bruised ego.

thank you...

This is turned more into another pissing match.. shocker.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 12:03:39 AM by Lazerr »

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2015, 12:09:21 AM »
Some of the worst examples are players that get shot down in a more or less even contest, but then up a plane with better performance to get the guy that downed them. I've had that happen to me a couple of times. Mosquito vs an LA7, then the same pilot upped a Tempest to get me, for example.
I know how you feel. I hate it when you thoroughly smash them, so they take up an LA,K4,4Hog,or Tempest and B-line towards the base your going to RTB at. I can understand upping a plane to match your opponents performance such as an LA when a K4 is in the area, but I've had guys lose to my P40 and come back after me in a LA7.
See Rule #4

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2015, 12:22:39 AM »
I know how you feel. I hate it when you thoroughly smash them, so they take up an LA,K4,4Hog,or Tempest and B-line towards the base your going to RTB at. I can understand upping a plane to match your opponents performance such as an LA when a K4 is in the area, but I've had guys lose to my P40 and come back after me in a LA7.

Thats just plain rude. And graceless to boot.
Pies not kicks.