Author Topic: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH  (Read 7355 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Biggest "crutch" plane of AH
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2015, 01:13:39 PM »
If that's an implication that Junky is terribly worse than Krup, I'd disagree. I'd give Krup the overall edge, but not by a landslide or anything; especially when not fighting in 109's.

Thing is, Junky still has room to grow. I'd be careful about making absolute statements, they generally come back to bite you in the oscar. ;)

As does putting words in people's mouths eh?  Terribly worse is your choice of words, it was never mine.  As you're very fond of saying, "winning is all that matters...to what degree matters not"
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2015, 01:20:13 PM »
As does putting words in people's mouths eh?  Terribly worse is your choice of words, it was never mine.  As you're very fond of saying, "winning is all that matters...to what degree matters not"

I wasn't attempting to put words whatsoever in anyone's mouth; I was just getting to the heart of the matter, and allowed you room to rebut it (if you felt I was wrong) with the conditional conjunction "if."

I also wholeheartedly agree with the bolded part, and always have. I was just trying to give you context to their relative skill levels, as your comments to me before our duels compared to your performance during them made evident that you aren't exactly the best judge of skill (ok, that was the obligatory Damned jab at AoM - truth be told you are getting better!). :P

:salute
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 01:22:58 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
Why is so much brain power being expended on video game discussions? :headscratch:
See Rule #4

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2015, 01:33:10 PM »
I wasn't attempting to put words whatsoever in anyone's mouth; I was just getting to the heart of the matter, and allowed you room to rebut it (if you felt I was wrong) with the conditional conjunction "if."

I also wholeheartedly agree with the bolded part, and always have. I was just trying to give you context to their relative skill levels, as your comments to me before our duels compared to your performance during them made evident that you aren't exactly the best judge of skill (ok, that was the obligatory Damned jab at AoM - truth be told you are getting better!). :P

:salute

I understand you were hoping to flame bait with your unsolicitated attempt.  It failed, lol.

As you are the winner of our duals, you're entitled to any and all jabs no matter how small they may make you look as you cannot win anymore than you already did.  That was my obligatory jab at you ;)

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »
I understand you were hoping to flame bait with your unsolicitated attempt.  It failed, lol.

As you are the winner of our duals, you're entitled to any and all jabs no matter how small they may make you look as you cannot win anymore than you already did.  That was my obligatory jab at you ;)

:cheers:
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2015, 01:39:49 PM »
If that's an implication that Junky is terribly worse than Krup, I'd disagree. I'd give Krup the overall edge, but not by a landslide or anything; especially when not fighting in 109's.

Thing is, Junky still has room to grow, whereas Krup is pretty much at the limit of what that style of flight is capable of. Either way, I'd be careful about making absolute statements, they generally come back to bite you in the butt. ;)
Krup is better then me and he can definitely get better as well, he doesn't get much practice these days.

Please quote where I said that.  I think you read it how he did.  That's not what I said.

Edit: and Junky knows he's not better than Krup as does virtually everyone in here that's fought him lol, right?  :salute
I'm not better then Krup(Think I have said that on here many times....) we actually work very well together as wingmen because I'm good bait  :aok. But I'm saying Krup would be the level of K4 stick that would make the fight more even...other names that come to mind Anarchy, SunsFan, ect ect. It's not a low blow to any of them if I said we are pretty close to even in skill(I have DAed all 3 and exchange blows back and forth) also in todays game, I'm one of the better active sticks playing (Not being cocky, but 1v1 there aren't many who give me a hard time). My last 4 KOTHs I participated in Win, Wabbit, Top Killer(Couldn't get into last 2 without a huge disadvantage), and win. I recently surpassed a bit of a plateau in my skill in the last few months which has made me a lot better in the fight (It actually came from watching fights I loss...first time I have ever studied my film and actually tried to learn from it)

The thing is Krup and I have already had fights Spit vs K4 and K4 on K4....I do a lot better when I'm in a Spit even though (Everyone probably knows this) I'm a big fan of luft rides. And before anyone says "which spit" I use only Spit 9s and 5s in the DA unless its 8 on 8 or 16 on 16.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #111 on: April 30, 2015, 01:47:11 PM »
Krup is better then me and he can definitely get better as well, he doesn't get much practice these days.
I'm not better then Krup(Think I have said that on here many times....) we actually work very well together as wingmen because I'm good bait  :aok. But I'm saying Krup would be the level of K4 stick that would make the fight more even...other names that come to mind Anarchy, SunsFan, ect ect. It's not a low blow to any of them if I said we are pretty close to even in skill(I have DAed all 3 and exchange blows back and forth) also in todays game, I'm one of the better active sticks playing (Not being cocky, but 1v1 there aren't many who give me a hard time). My last 4 KOTHs I participated in Win, Wabbit, Top Killer(Couldn't get into last 2 without a huge disadvantage), and win. I recently surpassed a bit of a plateau in my skill in the last few months which has made me a lot better in the fight (It actually came from watching fights I loss...first time I have ever studied my film and actually tried to learn from it)

The thing is Krup and I have already had fights Spit vs K4 and K4 on K4....I do a lot better when I'm in a Spit even though (Everyone probably knows this) I'm a big fan of luft rides. And before anyone says "which spit" I use only Spit 9s and 5s in the DA unless its 8 on 8 or 16 on 16.

:aok

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #112 on: April 30, 2015, 02:21:36 PM »
Why is so much brain power being expended on video game discussions? :headscratch:

Because some people can't resist the urge to indulge in sophistry.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #113 on: April 30, 2015, 02:27:10 PM »
Because some people can't resist the urge to indulge in sophistry.

Excellent use of the word. 

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #114 on: April 30, 2015, 02:28:26 PM »
Threads like this remind me that it was the right decision to quit playing these games after 20 years of addiction.
Retired

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #115 on: April 30, 2015, 02:56:04 PM »
The thing is... it's whether or not you chose to accept you've reached a certain plateau, or you chose to believe you can still become better... that decision is entirely up to the player, and the latter is only made improbable by your doubts. For me, I simply log on and hope to not be bored to death, and have a good time.  :cheers:

You're right, careful of those absolute statements, brah.  :aok
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 03:00:03 PM by Krupinski »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #116 on: April 30, 2015, 03:00:18 PM »
The thing is... it's whether or not you chose to accept you've reached a certain plateau, or you chose to believe you can still become better... that decision is entirely up to the player, and the latter is only made improbable by your doubts. For me, I simply log on and hope to not be bored to death, and have a good time.  :cheers:
i have accepted I hit my peak 2 years ago lol
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: April 30, 2015, 03:06:55 PM »
whats a peak? Is that like a climax? You guys have only climaxed once while playing Aces High? That's unfortunate
See Rule #4

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #118 on: April 30, 2015, 03:34:55 PM »
You guys have only climaxed once... That's unfortunate

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #119 on: April 30, 2015, 03:49:14 PM »

Maybe same reason you post drivel in order to increase your post count.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song