Author Topic: VE day in Russia  (Read 5929 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: VE day in Russia
« Reply #75 on: May 12, 2015, 12:43:28 PM »
And?

Better than communist.
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: May 12, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
So you did bring up China :rofl

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Wmaker

• Platinum Member
      • Lentolaivue 34 website
« Reply #77 on: May 12, 2015, 02:08:30 PM »
Now listen ike boy, your discrimination of Russian sitizens in Finland is well known. You willl answer for that, and by God you will pay dearly.

What a crock of nonsense. I happen to live in Lappeenranta near the boarder and it really doesn't matter which you look at it your comment is simply delusional. I for example have zero interest or need to "discriminate" a person based on his national background regardless of the nation including Russians. Now if a person would start spewing such nonsense as you for example have in this thread at my place (regardless of his nationality), I would tell him to take a hike in two seconds.

Listening Russian government propaganda with blinders on easily results in a situation where a person might believe all kinds of bogus things regarding various countries. Russia uses its immigrants in other countries as a political tool for their propaganda and as a way to intervene in internal matters of other countries.

As for "playing dearly" about something non existent, BWHAHAHAHAHAHAH. :rofl
Wmaker
Lentolaivue 34

Thank you for the Brewster HTC!

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: May 12, 2015, 02:36:50 PM »
You said china was facist?

I'm not sure what facism is. It sounds similar to fascism, only maybe more, <ahem>, IN YO FACE.

Zackles, please give my regards to Dear James. Tell him that I'll be there again shortly for some nice rounds of croquets and Pim's. I do so love these outings, and with labor gutted, I expect we'll finally be able to indulge ourselves in our games of "ridicule the proles" and "top the toff". I expect we'll overindulge, per usual, and I'll likely soil my whites again, if not the carpets. It typically comes down to quickness and how compromised might be the fine motor control. This last is necessary to make "the move" before "the move" makes you, if you follow. 

As for you, you've been a very naughty boy again, and my dog has required extra fettling to put things back to right back there. The poor dear is still wearing a cone... sorry, a Victorian collar, to you. As for this China business, you do once again touch on truth - and to call it fascism would sort of miss the point of crony capitalism, but then, what is private ownership without control, after all (ie, he has a point too)?

as ever, etc. etc...
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39:27 PM »
So you did bring up China :rofl

No, you brought up China. I responded to your post. You must be either drunk, stupid or both.

China

another sweeping statement based on soft fruit and episodes of happy days

That's your post where you bring up China, for some reason.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2015, 02:44:06 PM »
and to call it fascism would sort of miss the point of crony capitalism

"Crony capitalism" is fascism/state capitalism. Or to quote Benito Mussolini: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #81 on: May 12, 2015, 02:52:06 PM »
Yes i brought up China :)

China imported food stuffs from the US during the cold war because of Mao's famines.

Russia did not :)

The Soviet Union and China hated each other, of course you knew that :).....?
or did you :rofl

The GFC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #82 on: May 12, 2015, 03:02:31 PM »
Yes I know that.

"Soviet-American trade peaked in 1979 at US$4.5 billion, exactly 1 percent of total United States trade. The Soviet Union continuously ran a trade deficit with the United States in the 1970s and early 1980s, but from 1985 through 1987 the Soviet Union cut imports from the United States while maintaining its level of exports to balance trade between the two countries."

"The Soviet Union exported chemicals, metals (including gold), and petroleum products in addition to fur skins, alcoholic beverages, and fish products to the United States and received agricultural goods—mostly grain—and industrial equipment in return."

Add "ignorant" to list of things I've called you so far.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: May 12, 2015, 03:25:46 PM »
"Crony capitalism" is fascism/state capitalism. Or to quote Benito Mussolini: "Fascism should more properly be called corporatism, since it is the merger of state and corporate power."

Exactly - see my acknowledgement that you had a point ("what is private ownership without control"?).

As for you, this desire to grapple with Zack, you'll find, is Quixotic. Your arguments can be right on the mark, your supporting data impeccable (exactly right, too, on the USSR's deficit with the US - American grain consistently made up for their failed collective farms. The USSR often used their heavily-incentivized military and private plots to produces food as well). None of that will matter. It is a different type of being in a different type of space.

It is far better to understand the Zack as something "other". then to work with that other as a door to transformation. Get out the patchouli. Dust off the cravat. Put yourself in the other, man. Sometimes, sometimes he goes too far... In the end, though, if you put a hat on the burger, it'll feel right.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:30:02 PM by PJ_Godzilla »
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #84 on: May 12, 2015, 03:27:12 PM »
Yes i brought up China :)

China imported food stuffs from the US during the cold war because of Mao's famines.

Russia did not :)

The Soviet Union and China hated each other, of course you knew that :).....?
or did you :rofl

Yes, the Soviets did buy wheat from the US because the Soviets didn't have enough wheat to feed the livestock.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2015, 12:17:38 AM »
Yes I know that.

Add "ignorant" to list of things I've called you so far.

My word

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 12:28:23 AM by zack1234 »

The GFC

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2015, 12:36:52 AM »
Bankrupting a rival nation without starving them into desperation was a fairly reasonable strategy especially considering the conventional wisdom regarding why Japan got all stabby in the lead-up to WWII.  The metals and other resources we received from the USSR could be made into durable goods, investments in the future.  The grain we shipped back was eaten within the year, convertible into nothing but man-hours used to dig up more resources for export or use in domestic military equipment that was obsolete within a year or two.  As long as that cycle is continued without one or the other nation really BELIEVING that they are doomed, it is an effective speedbump against war.  At least that's the theory, and it looks reasonable in hindsight knowing that it was one piece of a complex effort that seems to have worked.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2015, 12:45:21 AM »
So the aircraft carrier colonials say is for invading japan and the US is infact the above?

The GFC

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2015, 01:26:50 AM »
The Soviets bankrupted themselves. A Marxist planned economy simply doesn't work in real life. If anything the western democracies, America chief among them, slowed down the inevitable economic collapse of the Soviet Union. At 1% or less of total US trade the US/SU trade cannot be said to have been very significant, but as you say it prevented them from becoming desperate and (even more) dangerous. We're doing the same thing now with North Korea. Their entire economy is basically funded by foreign aid, and the only reason we're doing it is to stave off war in the hope that the country will reform into something more viable (like China) in a peaceful way sometime in the future.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2015, 01:46:04 AM »
So the "Star wars" project initiated by Reagan had nothing to do with the demise of the soviet union?

Was the Cold War not infact a economic method of bankrupting the Commies?

And today is this Putin gibberish?

North Korea? I thought it was Iran,Afganistan etc etc.......etc :rofl

The Ukraine :rofl they hate the US as much as the Russians

I am going to buy a second graphics card in fact i will buy 2 and throw one away :banana:

I am going to thrash jeeves he looks a bit Bolshy, its for his own good

:salute to our Russian allies who fought the Narzzies.

PJ is awesome

« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 01:54:09 AM by zack1234 »

The GFC