Author Topic: Greatest fighter ever built besides the p39  (Read 10378 times)

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
Re: Greatest fighter ever built besides the p39
« Reply #135 on: July 23, 2015, 05:11:59 PM »
Ten Signs The F-35 Fighter Program Is Becoming A Smashing Success:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2015/07/13/ten-signs-the-f-35-fighter-program-is-becoming-a-smashing-success/

"I have an emotional attachment to the F-35 because I have worked with many of the companies that build it, including prime contractor Lockheed Martin, for much of my adult life (the program was awarded to Lockheed on October 26, 2001 — the day I turned 50).  So when I see a widely-read pundit describe the plane as a “laughingstock,” as I did last week, I resent it.  Are there really people out there that believe three presidents, three military services, and eight allies would pour a hundred billion dollars into a fighter that doesn’t work? Apparently there are."

Yes they're out there, and you know who you are...
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #136 on: July 23, 2015, 06:35:55 PM »
Ten Signs The F-35 Fighter Program Is Becoming A Smashing Success:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2015/07/13/ten-signs-the-f-35-fighter-program-is-becoming-a-smashing-success/

"I have an emotional attachment to the F-35 because I have worked with many of the companies that build it, including prime contractor Lockheed Martin, for much of my adult life (the program was awarded to Lockheed on October 26, 2001 — the day I turned 50).  So when I see a widely-read pundit describe the plane as a “laughingstock,” as I did last week, I resent it.  Are there really people out there that believe three presidents, three military services, and eight allies would pour a hundred billion dollars into a fighter that doesn’t work? Apparently there are."

Yes they're out there, and you know who you are...
That's your uninformed opinion based on Loren Thompson uninformed opinion. Why should I give any weight what so ever to your opinion, or his, compared to the U.S. Defense Department’s Director of Operational Test & Evaluation (DOT&E), the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Congressional Research Service? Obviously I should not, and I don't.
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #137 on: July 23, 2015, 09:05:58 PM »
Finally. Someone gets it.  :aok

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: July 23, 2015, 09:12:45 PM »
Or did you...

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2015, 03:26:04 AM »
It seems to me that much of the argument about the F-35 is that its sensors will be so far ahead that it can detect and defeat any threath long before the con can  engage the F-35 in any kind of fight. While this is true for a low tech 2nd/3rd world opponent. (like it was in Iraq) with cold war fighters and lacking AEW. It might not be true for the newer Chinese J-20 and J-31 designs. We dont know much about the progress and capabilities of those programs so its hard to speculate if thay can stand up to the F-22/F-35. But it seems that by the time F-35 is fully operational and has replaced the teen fighters the chinese will have their stealth fighters operational as well.

The worst case scenario is that J-20/J-31 is fully capable to meet F-22/F-35 on equal terms (or atleast eliminate most of the sensor advantages that they have over older fighters.) and that is something that has to be concidered when discussing the development of the F-35.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: August 08, 2015, 01:24:43 PM »
Ray, this thread is your greatest triumph.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: August 08, 2015, 10:54:58 PM »
I sexually Identify as an F-35. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the towns dropping bombs loads on disgusting peasants. People say to me that a person being a F-35 is Impossible and I’m diddlying awesome (For loving F-35s) but I already know , I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install Wings, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Lightning II” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re not worthy of speaking my name (For not liking F-35s) and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:58:32 PM by Dragon Tamer »

Offline XxDaSTaRxx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: August 10, 2015, 01:32:32 PM »
I sexually Identify as an F-35. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the towns dropping bombs loads on disgusting peasants. People say to me that a person being a F-35 is Impossible and I’m diddlying awesome (For loving F-35s) but I already know , I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install Wings, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Lightning II” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re not worthy of speaking my name (For not liking F-35s) and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding
Ok first of all, I'm pissed at you. Hereby consider your Teamspeak Server Janitor privileges revoked.  :mad:
Quote from: Latrobe
Do not run.
Face your opponent with all you have.
If you die you have something to learn.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: August 11, 2015, 06:20:36 PM »
Ok first of all, I'm pissed at you. Hereby consider your Teamspeak Server Janitor privileges revoked.  :mad:

Patty wrote that and told me to post it...  :noid