Author Topic: I So Miss The Old vTards  (Read 1859 times)

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
I So Miss The Old vTards
« on: June 10, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: I So Miss The Old vTards
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 01:49:20 AM »
me too

Offline Cjpedrido

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:00:20 AM »
I miss all of us as well....we were a great organized disciplined squad.

:aok

vSKYDIVE
     aka
1SKYDIVE

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 02:20:25 AM »
I miss all of us as well....we were a great organized disciplined squad.

:aok

vSKYDIVE
     aka
1SKYDIVE

Sadly though crappy fights, if you guys fought at all.  I think I got more proxy than kills on you guys because of your habits of usually bailing out instead of fighting.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2015, 03:17:13 AM »
Today the old vTards in full strength would whip many arses. How the worm turns.

I miss them now that we are at this all time low.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2015, 03:50:21 AM »
Today the old vTards in full strength would whip many arses. How the worm turns.

I miss them now that we are at this all time low.

wat chew talking bout we?

tis true. vTards skill set could wipe out a front.  :salute

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 08:32:35 AM »
I was a vTard 8-10 years ago; I think for a few weeks. I was really just a solo player as my squad recently disbanded - and I never really came to the BBS so I never knew about the squad "recruitment" area, I just assumed people invited you in game. This being said; vDallas and a few of the "devils" back then were trying to take a base with GV's - I fought off about 4-5 of them for a good half hour and was invited to join. It didn't last long; I wasn't interested in taking unarmed bases so I pretty much left after a few weeks. The whole base taking wasn't my cup of tea; I was more interested in furballing.

One of my more memorable encounters was on the Islands map; V-guys and Ghi were busy rolling undefended bases and I realized there were only 2-3 choices left on the map; one base had friendlies over it so I knew they were not going to fight there; A25 and A23 were the only options. I upped an F4u-4 and climbed out to 10k with DT's and decided the water between both bases as they would probably NOE. Sure enough I spotted what looks like two con's on the water and called "NOE". Someone in an La7 decided to up and check the area out; two C-47's already landed by the town and two C-47s were on the way; I yelled out for NOE and gathered about 5 people at my alt to do some spotting; lone behold about 8 sets of Lancs and Me-110s, N1ks.

Guess what happens next? We started diving from 9-10k and before I was even in gun range, every single plane bailed out; I got a nice message from dallas about "spying is for wussies".
JG 52

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 10:31:04 AM »
I was a vTard 8-10 years ago; I think for a few weeks. I was really just a solo player as my squad recently disbanded - and I never really came to the BBS so I never knew about the squad "recruitment" area, I just assumed people invited you in game. This being said; vDallas and a few of the "devils" back then were trying to take a base with GV's - I fought off about 4-5 of them for a good half hour and was invited to join. It didn't last long; I wasn't interested in taking unarmed bases so I pretty much left after a few weeks. The whole base taking wasn't my cup of tea; I was more interested in furballing.

The V-Tards were a pack a fellas that left the Pigs (my wing) becuase we did not focus enough on base taking.  I have held the reins of that wing for about 6 years.  So you may want to revise your timeline Sir.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 10:41:54 AM »
I remember the day when I killed every single vtard online in 1 flight.  think it was 8 of them.  that would have been nice but a squadie had 10 vtard kills and also landed  :bhead :bhead.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2015, 11:17:03 AM »
Lol I'll have to look through my screen shots if i still have it I remember killing the whole squad that was online in my wirble they were trying to NOE a V base.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2015, 01:05:35 PM »
  When I was "Emperor" of The 47 Ronin, one of our campaign ribbons was called
"The Flaming vTard".

http://the-47-ronin.org/ribbon-graphics/vtard/flaming-vtard.html

Before their squad blew up (after which they reformed as "Black Flag", "Devil's Rejects")
they were under strict orders to fly only 190Ds as it was pretty much (besides a P51 or 262)
the only plane they could do a mission in and allow one or two of 'em to actually make
it back to their field.
  Seeing "vTard NOE!" in the text buffer jacked up the adrenaline level of every Rook in
the arena in anticipation of a hilarious seal-bashing fest.

Regards, Odd

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2015, 01:41:56 PM »
The V-Tards were a pack a fellas that left the Pigs (my wing) becuase we did not focus enough on base taking.  I have held the reins of that wing for about 6 years.  So you may want to revise your timeline Sir.
I read his comment and was about to contact you...

Alright group of guys to hang out with but their mentality of what good gameplay/tactics is just flat out wrong. Others would argue but their arguments are pointless.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2015, 01:47:19 PM »

One of my more memorable encounters was on the Islands map; V-guys and Ghi were busy rolling undefended bases and I realized there were only 2-3 choices left on the map; one base had friendlies over it so I knew they were not going to fight there; A25 and A23 were the only options. I upped an F4u-4 and climbed out to 10k with DT's and decided the water between both bases as they would probably NOE. Sure enough I spotted what looks like two con's on the water and called "NOE". Someone in an La7 decided to up and check the area out; two C-47's already landed by the town and two C-47s were on the way; I yelled out for NOE and gathered about 5 people at my alt to do some spotting; lone behold about 8 sets of Lancs and Me-110s, N1ks.

Guess what happens next? We started diving from 9-10k and before I was even in gun range, every single plane bailed out; I got a nice message from dallas about "spying is for wussies".

The dallas rants were funny, and fun.  I didn't hesitate to reply with a smart arse remark, but backed it up as well. :)  It kept him quiet. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2015, 02:34:02 PM »
Another thing that cracked me up about the vTards was that they were stupid enough to buy into vWildcat's claim of being a WW2 Hellcat ace.  Too bad I never screen captured his bio page on the vTard's old squadron web page.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2015, 02:46:01 PM »
Trying to remember which squad it was a while back that tried an NOE raid on a port, apparently not knowing a fleet was just offshore......it may have been the vTards, I can't remember.  I do recall the fleet icon flashing with no dar bar, looking all around, saw a bunch of white on the ocean surface where it wasn't normally white........called one of the squaddies to jump in a 5 incher, I took off to investigate............found a ton of B5N's and Nikis and F4U4's hugging the ocean.  I only got 3 or 4 kills, my squaddie ended with over 30 kills.  Between he and another 5 inch gunner, that raid got shot to pieces, ironically, with their target just within reach. 
Yup, twas fun to watch........... :rofl