Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 57848 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2015, 08:44:39 PM »
I hope World of Warships doesn't have the same foul-mouthed childishness as World of Tanks. Complete turn-off, here's to HTC for keeping ch 200 under control.

Nope.  It's got it's share of retard.  And it'll get worse once OBT hits.  When chat gets crappy, I ignore the crappy.  Surprisingly easy, though if I could I would like to de-tune it. lol

Nathan, OBT won't hit (from my understanding) till sometime August or September.  They still need to finish the USN and IJN trees.

As for CV's, I thought the drop distance required for Manual drop should be increased, as they could almost drop them on you and score hits.  Annoying to say the least.  This is with me taking the necessary actions to AVOID being hit.  I wanted that pushed out a bit, around 75% of an auto drop.  The grouping of manual drop is much tighter than with auto after all.  I don't go out Rambo in my BB's.  I've seen others do it and get eaten by CV's and it's kind of funny.  I'll stick close to other BB's or CA's if able.  Good CA's will stick close to the BB's till the air threat is dealt with.  Sadly, not many of them around.  But that isn't my biggest peve right now.  The big issue I have right now is Fire.  It's a major PITA for my BB's, even my CA's.  Get 3 fires going, and your HP melts.  It is a bit much. :bhead

Mind you, I haven't played in a week (been working).  So I do not know what is going on right now.  I heard the new patch nerfed CV's pretty hard, and there are other tid-bits I may not agree with.  I'll find out once I pop in.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2015, 11:27:31 PM »
I think they have lowered fire and upped citadel hits, been mauling people with AP. Just hit a tier 3 jap cruiser with the st. Louis and got 4 cit hits he went from full health to no health. The USS Arkansas CBT Ship has been given out tons of people rocking it.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2015, 11:41:28 PM »
When chat gets crappy, I ignore the crappy.  Surprisingly easy, though if I could I would like to de-tune it. lol

I did de-tune it at one point, then found myself unable to let arty know where I'd be spotting, or to coordinate with other light tanks, or to congratulate team-mates on good play, etc. Seems the programmers were not expert in English-language expletives, as a number of curse words get through - then there's the pms....
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »
I did de-tune it at one point, then found myself unable to let arty know where I'd be spotting, or to coordinate with other light tanks, or to congratulate team-mates on good play, etc. Seems the programmers were not expert in English-language expletives, as a number of curse words get through - then there's the pms....
The post-battle PMs from players you killed telling you exactly how much you "suck"/"hack"/ect are the best.  :D

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 11:52:20 PM »
Heh - the ones I get are from "team-mates" who dislike passive scouting. The one time I got ace tanker in my ELC, two guys on the green team tried to kill me.
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2015, 01:03:58 AM »
The Iowas are amazing at AA. CV tho are pretty much insta dead against a decent dd driver, just ite them up and chase em down. It is really gratifying tho wen you dodged multiple barrages of torps to sink a cv.

also I think Open beta is close my stats have been wiped on their website.

I do great in CVs, mostly due to the fact that 99% of players barely or not even at all pay attention to the planes.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2015, 05:12:43 AM »
The Atlanta....daaayyyammmm
the thing is fun but cant take much punishment, pretty much DD insta death
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2015, 07:09:05 AM »
Wish WoT would to the same thing with the little reward tags. They come up on screen since 9.8, but they don't stay on the screen they way they do in the WoWS replays I've seen.

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2015, 10:46:29 PM »
I never got emailed back about the closed beta. im just waiting for it to come out
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline vHACKv

• Copper Member
      • Hack YouTube Channel!
Your HQ tears are my fuel

-Starting a profile with your E-mail address while trying to make fun of someone is not a good idea. You will end up with a "V" in front of your name, and we all know only idiots have "V's" in front of their names. (you can't ever change your profile name)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2015, 01:24:03 AM »
DD's smoke now only lasts for 20 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown!?? What is this!!?  :mad:

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
DD's smoke now only lasts for 20 seconds and has a 3 minute cooldown!?? What is this!!?  :mad:

Thought you burned out. :)
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2015, 01:06:24 PM »

Smoke lasts 20 seconds?? oh wait wrong smoke. LMAO!

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »
On a serious note, playing against DDs with the original smoke times was horrible, plus it was hard to reset caps when DDs were hiding in the smoke while capping. it's understandable why the change. but hell as someone who loves DDs i do hate the change but understand why they did it.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2015, 03:00:56 PM »
The Smoke/Cap combo was annoying as hell.  It came down to either nerfing the smoke, increasing the cap time or affect of a ship's class in cap.  DD's won't tick the counter anywhere near as much as a BB kind of thing.

Increasing CAP time wasn't going to work, since most players have the attention span of a fly, and coding the ship classes to have different effect on CAP ticks is a PITA.  So they went with the easiest option, nerf bat. lol
HiTech