Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58457 times)

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #450 on: January 19, 2017, 06:53:11 PM »
IIRC, I've got CE+RPF on my Shimi and Gearing, mebe Benson also. Possible on a CL or two.
  The level 1 skills frankly suck unless you Cv, which I don't. The reload skill I take on BB and cruisers and the module survival skill on DD.

Damn,
Now I wanna login  ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:57:55 PM by gewehr »

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #451 on: January 19, 2017, 09:01:37 PM »
Yeah.  PM is practically a requirement for DD's at this point, with it being so cheap now.  For me, I follow that up with LS.  A DD that can't move/steer, is a dead DD.  From that point, it varies on what type of DD, be it gunboat or torpedo boat.

I've opted for DC on my BB's, despite the nerf.  2 Spotter/Fighter's are useful and none of the other skills appeal to me.  If I spot a DD, and AP is loaded, I'm NOT going to waste time reloading when I can do damage right now.  It's already habit for me to toggle HE and fire the AP that's loaded, and more than a few times I've deleted a DD with the AP salvo.  Can be a PITA at times when I've got HE loading after, and there is a fat, juicy broadside I could salvo into. :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #452 on: January 20, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »
And now I have the Montana!  Whoo! :rock :x :banana:

I think I'll finish out the IJN tree, then push for Des Moines.  Or maybe get off my tail, and start working towards Fletcher. :headscratch:  A doozy. :joystick:
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #453 on: January 20, 2017, 03:39:09 PM »
ODK, to me WoW is kinda lame but that's just me. It's ok if your just trying to kill time. The only 2 ships I even care about in it is the USS Missouri ( my very last duty station in 91) and the USS Honolulu ( My uncle was on her from Dec 7th till Oct 20th, 1944. He was killed that day at the beginning of the Battle of Leyte Gulf!!!) I do admit, it a great time killer!!! :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #454 on: January 22, 2017, 04:24:06 AM »
The Friedrich Der Grosse is now mine! :x :banana:

But I'm hard pressed to move my Bismarck Captain to her. :uhoh  I REALLY like Bismarck. :aok Bah!  In a bind now. :bhead

So far I'm done with 3 of the 4 stages for the S. Dragon Mission.  Only IJN stage to do now. :)  What's kind of funny is that I originally thought the USSR stage was going to be a PITA, but it turned out that the KM stage was the one to bog down a little.  It honestly feels like they stealth nerf'ed the Bismarck's accuracy.  And point blank, I wasn't getting citadel's like I was pre-patch. :headscratch:  Fortunately, she still hits really hard. :t

Bit of Iowa with a LOT of Montana got me through the USN Stage, with Kutuzov carrying me through the USSR Stage and Bismarck for KM stage.  I'm going to see if what I heard is true, in that the ARP ships will count towards the IJN stage tomorrow.  Only for one match though, as a test. :)  Yamato will carry me through the IJN stage. :aok
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #455 on: January 22, 2017, 04:13:49 PM »
Yes indeed.  ARP ships will count towards the IJN stage of the mission.  So if you don't actually have any IJN ships high enough for the mission and/or just wish to use something that's going to have a bit better MM, you'll be set. :aok

Only got a 1/3 of the IJN stage done.  If only I didn't have to work tomorrow, I'd have it by tonight. :(  Oh well.  Depending on how my work week goes, I'll have the S. Dragon by Wed or Thru.  Worse case scenario will be Sat evening. :)
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #456 on: January 22, 2017, 06:51:26 PM »
..so I tried armored warfare.....
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »
I've heard that it went "downhill" pretty hard. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #458 on: January 26, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »

Got her!  :x :rock :banana:
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2017, 01:44:15 AM »
Fletcher is now mine. :D  Immediately I find her guns on another level vs Benson, and I thought Benson's were quick. :x
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2017, 08:43:32 PM »
Fletcher is now mine. :D  Immediately I find her guns on another level vs Benson, and I thought Benson's were quick. :x
Get the des Moines for pure fun, may ntot hit the hardest but it dont matter when you are hitting that Hindenberg three times before he reloads
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2017, 09:05:10 PM »
I heard that the update definitely made her better.  Baltimore is next, though I at least have NO's B Hull.  It's going to be tough though, as I'm now thinking about getting the Hakuryu next, which would complete the IJN line for me.  I still need Midway, Des Moines and Gearing for USN. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #462 on: February 18, 2017, 11:34:28 PM »
Well, so far Mutsu is proving to be a nice ship.  A touch squishy, though I keep running into T8's.  But once she is sub 14k, she can start dealing out a lot of damage.  Her rudder is kinda feh as is her AA, but her torpedoes have a decent punch to them.  All in all, a fun ship indeed.  :aok
HiTech

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
« Reply #463 on: February 19, 2017, 04:47:41 AM »
Do they have Royal Navy ships yet?

I haven't played in a long time but i quite enjoyed being in destroyers and launching torpedoes. It felt very satisfying sinking battleships in a tiny destroyer.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #464 on: February 19, 2017, 10:16:07 AM »
Do they have Royal Navy ships yet?

I haven't played in a long time but i quite enjoyed being in destroyers and launching torpedoes. It felt very satisfying sinking battleships in a tiny destroyer.
The RN cruiser line is in
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep