Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58447 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #465 on: February 19, 2017, 11:02:04 AM »
Unless they surprise us, RN doesn't appear to be getting anything this year.  French CA's and DD's are going in instead.

Should be interesting, though the one ship I'm most focused on is Roma. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #466 on: March 15, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »
And done.  Hakuryu is now mine, completing the IJN line, and marks my 5th T10 ship. :banana:  Currently, it is looking to be the GK as my next T10. :headscratch:  It really falls between her and Midway at the moment, with Des Moines and Gearing not lagging far behind in terms of which one I want next.  :joystick:
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2017, 06:05:55 PM »
 :banana:

GK becomes the 6th! :x

But foo, I need to get her guns upgraded ASAP.  I'll take the extra 3s reload time, if it means I can actually do damage. :)
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #468 on: March 29, 2017, 06:05:27 PM »
And the French Cruisers are on the horizon! :aok

By the looks of it however, they are going to be easier to take out than the British Cruisers. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #469 on: March 30, 2017, 02:07:55 AM »
And the French Cruisers are on the horizon!

Said no admiral since the age of Napoleon   :D

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #470 on: March 30, 2017, 01:10:31 PM »
lol

Of course they are not "set in stone" yet.  But if what I saw is going to be final, their guns and torpedoes will need to hit HARD otherwise they are gonna be pointless.  Most of them have HIGH citadels, even more so than the RN Cruisers.  I did note that they seem to be sitting a little high in the water though, but even so, some of those citadel's are practically up to deck.  :headscratch:  We'll see in a patch or two. :aok

Alabama for sale tomorrow. :x  Get to see how well she stacks up against NC. :)
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #471 on: April 02, 2017, 12:53:34 AM »
Alabama is proving to be a very nice ship.  She's tankier than NC buy a decent margin, can take torpedoes (I've soaked torpedo strikes that would've sank NC easy) and she's quite maneuverable as well.  I'm enjoying her quite a bit.  She sees a wide range of tiers and being up tier'd isn't a problem with her.  Her dispersion can be wild at times, and her shots are slow, but they hit quite hard.  She earns solid credits, even on a "meh" game in Co-Op.  She's no Missouri, but she's no slouch either.  Her AA is proving to be okay as well. :D
HiTech

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #472 on: April 12, 2017, 04:34:09 PM »
Been playing for a few weeks. Have almost worked my way up to a Colorado.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #473 on: April 12, 2017, 06:10:43 PM »
CO is probably going to cause you to rip your hair out.  She doesn't tank well, instead soaking up damage when angled.  So do not be the one to take point with her.  You'll very quickly regret that, unless you wanted to get sent back to port quickly. :)  This doesn't mean she's a bad ship though.  But she's not kind to screw ups. :noid

As much as you might want to, hope you have been avoiding the use of ANY Free XP.  You will want the Credit Printer Extreme 9000 (AKA: Missouri). :aok
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #474 on: April 14, 2017, 05:54:01 AM »
Midway is the 7th! :banana:  Now to get her fighters upgraded. :)
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2017, 12:52:14 PM »
Damn, Vol. Just sitting on 2, Shimmy and Gearing.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2017, 10:49:49 PM »
 :D

So does Gearing compare to Fletcher?  I've heard better, but I've also heard worse. :headscratch:
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #477 on: April 17, 2017, 05:48:37 AM »
Meh, I suck at hi tier play so take with grain of salt. Gearing is a powerful DD, twin gun mounts, good stealth, and very usable torps. Handling is worse than the Fletcher, tho. I kinda wish I kept the T9. Mebe I should move my 19 put Benson cap't up to Gearing, that would prolly help some. I don't really play her enough to have found the right method for me.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #478 on: April 17, 2017, 02:44:35 PM »
Yeah, that's the draw back.  I was hard pressed to move my Bismarck captain to Freddy when I finally got Freddy.  But it makes a world of difference to have a captain appropriate for the tier, which is why I didn't hesitate to move him to GK once I got her.  It's the cost of retraining, which for a high tier captain, is 500g.  Wasting the 200k then grinding your way clear is just a sure fire way to frustrate the hell outta ya.  And that doubloon retraining doesn't go down as you grind the retrain either.

I do enjoy DD's, but it's really a toss up between Gearing and Des Moines for me now.  I used Fletcher last night to start on that 1m damage mission and while I didn't finish with her, I did almost 50% of it with her. :)  Which is why it's a toss up between the two for my next T10. :D  Currently, I'm honestly leaning towards Gearing. :)
HiTech

Offline Blinder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #479 on: April 19, 2017, 12:48:58 PM »
About two months ago I discovered World of Tanks and World of Warships. The former rocks and the latter needs more variety of ships which will come with time. I love WoT because of the lack of overhead harassment other than artillery. I also love the terrain, the fact that trees and bushes can't rape your tank and the extreme detail in the vehicles and crews.

AH, on the otherhand, has vastly larger maps and room to move, explore and hide if need be. I love the wide openess of AH but I prefer the modeling and gameplay of WoT. Plus I haven't spent a dime in WoT and I've built a pretty impressive garage already. My flagship vehicle is a fully upgraded KV-85 with the improved turret and the 100mm main gun. My crew just all went over 100% too. Loving it!
Fighter pilots win glory .... Bomber pilots win wars.

17th Guards Air Assault Regiment (VVS) "Badenov's Red Raiders"