Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58441 times)

Offline KrzyIvan

• Zinc Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #480 on: April 19, 2017, 03:50:38 PM »
WarGaming is pay to win.

Its that simple.

Ohh... and if like most,  you'll never spend more money then on a "FREE 2 Play" game.

Good luck.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:01:21 PM by KrzyIvan »
Please don't tell Mum I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whor3house.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #481 on: April 19, 2017, 04:56:55 PM »
Ivan none of the premium ships are over powered except maybe the Saipan, all premiums have weak spots and strengths and there are lots of people out there with no premiums at all. RNG and Skill are kind of the name of the game, if something is seen as op the nerf they hell out of it(Shimakaze,Kitakami or ships with detection range shorter than firing range)
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #482 on: April 19, 2017, 07:17:29 PM »
Saipan is overpowered?  :headscratch:  She is strong, but she's definitely not OP. :)  Just folks who are good in CV's make her appear to be OP. :D

WoWs Pay to win...

:rofl

I needed the laugh.  Thanks!

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #483 on: April 20, 2017, 07:30:15 PM »
OOooooo!  Duca d'Aosta tomorrow!  :x
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #484 on: April 21, 2017, 06:06:08 AM »
Mmm...the Duck of Death :devil
A day one purchase, no doubt

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #485 on: April 21, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »
Of course! :x

Then I saw this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwmlLZU_fEM

:x :x :x

Judging by all the video's I'm seeing of her, I banking on her being the next premium we see. :D
HiTech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #486 on: April 21, 2017, 08:50:38 PM »
WarGaming is pay to win.

Its that simple.

Ohh... and if like most,  you'll never spend more money then on a "FREE 2 Play" game.

Good luck.
I lol'd.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #487 on: April 24, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »
The Duca is turning out be a fun ship as well.  She reminds me of RU CA's, but with better armor and more guns.  She's quite maneuverable and has a decent speed to boot.  Her arcs are really nice, even with HE, and they get to target FAST.  Her HE bites though, and her AA is laughable.  If you are into the RU CA line, you could safely go with out her as she plays really close to them.
HiTech

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #488 on: April 24, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »
The Duca is turning out be a fun ship as well.  She reminds me of RU CA's, but with better armor and more guns.  She's quite maneuverable and has a decent speed to boot.  Her arcs are really nice, even with HE, and they get to target FAST.  Her HE bites though, and her AA is laughable.  If you are into the RU CA line, you could safely go with out her as she plays really close to them.
Yeah I like the Duke but she doesnt really set alot of fires(they pointed this out in the write up of the ship) and the French stuff so far are pretty fun they say they have weak guns buuutt most of those citadel shots were at nearly max range.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:07:30 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #489 on: May 17, 2017, 10:31:54 PM »
Well, I was really hoping that Kaga would've been next, and considering that there were more video's on her than Hood, I was expecting her next.  Tis not the case, seeing as Hood is out tomorrow.  If not, GG WG, GG.  You made a campaign that has a ship requirement that you didn't release when you launched the campaign. :furious

Only 2 of the tasks in the Hunt for Bismarck might be annoying (that require Hood):

M5's sink two DD's.  My luck when it comes to missions that require me to hunt DD's; they are where I am not. lol

M6's damage 6 modules, isn't exactly clear.  IF I'm lucky, I can just rake a ship with HE from Hood and get this one done in 1 salvo.  AA guns count after all.  If not, well, keep hunting DD's since it's fairly easy to knock out critical modules on them with HE. :D
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #490 on: May 20, 2017, 12:16:12 PM »
Well, as I expected, Hood isn't meant to brawl.  She's a BC through and through, so she is a touch squishy.  Her guns so far have proven to be a touch less accurate and a touch weaker than Warspite's guns.  And the fire...oh the fire.  She LOVES fire, and not in the good way. :noid  Her DF appears bugged as well as I have yet to see it panic ANYTHING.

Her plus though, she's speedy and maneuverable, and even though her DF doesn't work, it DOES cause her to eat planes at a solid rate when active.

All in all, I AM enjoying her quite a bit. :D  But I'd recommend others wait until her cheaper bundles are out. :aok
HiTech

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #491 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:43 AM »
Well, as I expected, Hood isn't meant to brawl.  She's a BC through and through, so she is a touch squishy.  Her guns so far have proven to be a touch less accurate and a touch weaker than Warspite's guns.  And the fire...oh the fire.  She LOVES fire, and not in the good way. :noid  Her DF appears bugged as well as I have yet to see it panic ANYTHING.

Her plus though, she's speedy and maneuverable, and even though her DF doesn't work, it DOES cause her to eat planes at a solid rate when active.

All in all, I AM enjoying her quite a bit. :D  But I'd recommend others wait until her cheaper bundles are out. :aok
Her defensive fire only affects the rockets, so only 1.5km range unless specced for more, then 2.2km.  That isn't enough to panic attacking torpedo bombers before they drop, though it will slaughter dive bombers.  Rocket launchers are also very fragile so they don't usually stick around.  Smart carriers will avoid Hood at first and then take her out after she's been HEed a good bit.

Angled she is very, very tough, and her turrets have good firing angles to support that.

Guns are meh, but I've had decent success with them.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #492 on: May 22, 2017, 07:53:42 AM »
WarGaming is pay to win.

Its that simple.

Good luck.

How, specifically, is this the case?

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #493 on: May 23, 2017, 10:23:14 AM »
Her defensive fire only affects the rockets, so only 1.5km range unless specced for more, then 2.2km.  That isn't enough to panic attacking torpedo bombers before they drop, though it will slaughter dive bombers.  Rocket launchers are also very fragile so they don't usually stick around.  Smart carriers will avoid Hood at first and then take her out after she's been HEed a good bit.

Angled she is very, very tough, and her turrets have good firing angles to support that.

Guns are meh, but I've had decent success with them.

I must admit that I'm surprised you splashed the cash for Hood. :)  She really feels like Kongo to me, only with better guns and accuracy.  I use her like I do Kongo and find that it "fits" very well. :aok
HiTech

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #494 on: May 23, 2017, 12:09:55 PM »
  Picked up the Hood last week. Haven't taken it out yet, tho. Took a week off as a little break. when I got off sabbatical, I found that I contracted a severe case of potato-itis! I'll give the Hood a whirl tonite or tomorrow. Hopefully, my spudness has subsided :O