Author Topic: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.  (Read 58465 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Warships and Armored Warfare.
« Reply #615 on: March 18, 2018, 05:40:21 AM »
Just went back and rebought the New Mexico, should have put her back in the fleet along time ago.  toward the end of the match it was me and an Aigle vs 5  :cheers:
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline DocBrown

• Zinc Member
« Reply #616 on: March 18, 2018, 06:40:45 AM »
I got rid of my entire U.S. line.  I just could get anywhere with them.  I was always fighting ships two tiers higher than me.  It just was not any fun at all.

The gun dispersion did not help.  How you managed to get what you did is impressive.  I stopped working the U.S. line after acquiring the New Mexico.  I'd go in and be sunk in two volleys.  When you are fighting ships with much longer guns, it is just too difficult to be competitive.  (i.e. more frustrating than fun).

Was having fun with the Nassau after figuring out she is at her best up close and personal.  Then a new issue came up.

Anyone run into the "death wheel"?  I saw the term in a game a couple of days ago.  The DD's in the game all headed to the center of the map and formed a slow moving circle, with each DD taking turn releasing smoke.

Any ship attempting to get to the circle was sank by a barrage of torpedoes. It just may be a low tier thing. No one has figured out how to break it.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #617 on: March 18, 2018, 07:51:43 AM »
I got rid of my entire U.S. line.  I just could get anywhere with them.  I was always fighting ships two tiers higher than me.  It just was not any fun at all.

The gun dispersion did not help.  How you managed to get what you did is impressive.  I stopped working the U.S. line after acquiring the New Mexico.  I'd go in and be sunk in two volleys.  When you are fighting ships with much longer guns, it is just too difficult to be competitive.  (i.e. more frustrating than fun).

Was having fun with the Nassau after figuring out she is at her best up close and personal.  Then a new issue came up.

Anyone run into the "death wheel"?  I saw the term in a game a couple of days ago.  The DD's in the game all headed to the center of the map and formed a slow moving circle, with each DD taking turn releasing smoke.

Any ship attempting to get to the circle was sank by a barrage of torpedoes. It just may be a low tier thing. No one has figured out how to break it.
You break it by with counter smoke and torps of your own only way I see of it happening.. As for american guns..if you can hit Stuff with and atlanta/sims with extended range you can hit anything. Once you figure out the time of flight feature of the gunsites you get pretty accurate, also at certain angles the dispersion isn't as noticeable.One of those kills was on a IJN dd at max range moving right to left at slight angle.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #618 on: March 20, 2018, 05:08:45 PM »
Yeah, she can be tricky.  I got Leander through one of the Campaign's, Santa Convoy one if I recall correctly, so I didn't have to grind through Emerald.  I did get her to use in the Op's when they still allowed for T5's though. :)
I gave in and spent the free XP.  First time I've done that.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #619 on: March 20, 2018, 05:43:44 PM »
Your best bet to have gotten through Emerald quickly was when they allowed T5's in the Op.  Random, you are almost constantly facing T7's, and while Co-Op's MM would've been kinder, T7 bots are worse overall since that is when they start to get accurate.  Plus, it simply takes a bit longer due to low rewards.

I had only JUST reached the Danae when the Santa Convoy came along, which got me Leander.  I opted to FXP to Emerald to use her in the Op's when they came out.  It was VERY quick for me to max her in them, so it really wouldn't have been hard by any stretch to reach Leander.

I wouldn't recommend the French BB's for you then.  If their dispersion doesn't cause you to punch a hole in your monitor, their constant overpen of ALL the things will. :noid

Use NM in the Op's and when the T7 Op's roll along, use CO there.  While CO can be quite devastating, she simply soaks damage.  Bow tanking will not help you more often than not.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #620 on: March 23, 2018, 10:32:00 AM »
FYI the big tank game had their big update and is having issues. Seems they might have really put a hit out on Nvidea cards. New update out for Nvidea drivers on the 20th if you are having issues like I am. Slow load, game freeze after moving your tank significant lag spikes. Don't know if it will cure the issues yet as haven't loaded up the game today.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #621 on: March 23, 2018, 10:58:26 AM »
Oh?  I'm having zero issue on my end, and I run 2x 970's. :headscratch:
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #622 on: March 23, 2018, 05:20:57 PM »
At this point, I'm wondering why I took so long to get Gnevny. :headscratch:  She performs VERY well in Op's.  :x Though, I still cannot top my current of 40 Citadels in RR using her.  She hits a touch harder than Farragut after all.  :P  I got that 40 citadel's in RR with Farragut. :)  And folks still say DD's are useless in Op's. :t
HiTech

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #623 on: March 23, 2018, 10:00:48 PM »

:t
HiTech

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2018, 03:24:59 AM »
Sorry though it was War Thunder Tanks, not WoT
Deleted.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 03:52:44 AM by save »
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #625 on: March 29, 2018, 06:18:36 AM »
Well, I have my fourth Tier VII now, the Lyon.

I am waiting on the US cruiser line split before I continue past Tier VI with US cruisers.  For British cruisers I am stuck on Emerald.  I hate that ship.

The Emerald is the worste in that line.  You will like the Leander much better.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #626 on: March 29, 2018, 06:25:11 AM »
If any of you are clanless, you should seriously consider joining one.  There is no downside and plenty of upsides as the Oil you earn each day does nothing for you unless you are in a clan.  By being in a clan you get all sorts of experience and credit bonuses.  A friend of mine is holding on to Great White Fleet (GWF ) which has space if anyone wants.  We also have a Dischord channel for comms.  It would be a great way to use those bonuses and find people to Div with and learn more.

Offline gewehr

• Zinc Member
« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2018, 08:03:38 AM »
If any of you are clanless, you should seriously consider joining one.  There is no downside and plenty of upsides as the Oil you earn each day does nothing for you unless you are in a clan.  By being in a clan you get all sorts of experience and credit bonuses.  A friend of mine is holding on to Great White Fleet (GWF ) which has space if anyone wants.  We also have a Dischord channel for comms.  It would be a great way to use those bonuses and find people to Div with and learn more.

Or, you can just make your own clan in order reap the oil and base upgrade benefits.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #628 on: March 29, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »
Or, you can just make your own clan in order reap the oil and base upgrade benefits.

Sure... if you want to spend the 2500 gold to do so.  It would also take you close to a year to earn the Oil for the discounts too.  Either way works.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #629 on: March 29, 2018, 10:52:09 AM »
Sorry though it was War Thunder Tanks, not WoT
Deleted.

Nothing wrong with WT.  I play it every now and again, so I wouldn't consider it a deviation in this thread. :aok
HiTech