Author Topic: Midwar  (Read 3431 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Midwar
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 01:19:43 PM »
Short of the few who bail out of bombers to protect their score (and people do in fact do it)

Anyone bailing out of bombers to 'protect' his score has not the slightest idea how score works and is actually harming it.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 03:13:41 PM »
Jaeger, midwar was a different beast back then with a Higher player count. Also it didn't hurt that people fought back then. I started about a year before you did in Midwar and have fond memories of those times. Not so much of Storch's mouth though. But I would put up with him if it brought the numbers of players back up to what they were then.
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 10:40:09 PM »
I tried flying MWar during 2006-2008; numbers seemed decent in prime time; unfortunately it was mostly base takers I dealt with during the day time; the only thing good about it now was watching 6 bish, 1 rook and nobody a knight - switch sides and gain some perks.
JG 52

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
Midwar still has the best balanced planeset and there was a time when midwar had the best fights ... but it turned into a "milking" barn. That's when I lost interest and haven't gotten it back since.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2015, 04:38:28 PM »
Midwar still has the best balanced planeset and there was a time when midwar had the best fights ... but it turned into a "milking" barn. That's when I lost interest and haven't gotten it back since.

Yep, same reason I stopped playing regularly in the MW arena.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Schwalbee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2015, 07:31:06 PM »
After reading some of your guys responses and as a new guy to AH,I will be flying in MW for some practice,look forward to seeing you guys in the sky <S>

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »
Welcome aboard Schwalbee!  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76