Author Topic: Why in the world did Fester map reset?  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Why in the world did Fester map reset?
« on: July 12, 2015, 06:28:38 AM »
When the Fester map first came on, I thought it was real fun.  Now with the little %#$@& taking down the city and HQ, this map sucks.  And then when it was near end, it reset.

WHY?

What about changing the city to 5 minutes and hq?

What about increasing winds over twenty thousand feet so much it makes bombing from that alt very hard?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:46:20 AM by Randy1 »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Why in the world did Fester map reset?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:35:48 AM »
Server problems called for a reset.
Unfortunately such a reset also resets the map timer.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 06:52:48 AM »
It is now the most hated map in the game from all the vox and text buffer traffic.  It is a shame too, with all the work Fester but in the map and the innovation added into the map.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 07:05:55 AM »
Personally, I think it It is the best map in terms of finding combat action and people to fight

On the other hand, I do hate the HQ problem. It really does suck the life away from the map and ruins good fights for a lot of people.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 07:15:49 AM »
This map is good.

Its not reset for good.
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2015, 07:48:18 AM »
Personally, I think it It is the best map in terms of finding combat action and people to fight

+1
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2015, 08:04:45 AM »

On the other hand, I do hate the HQ problem. It really does suck the life away from the map and ruins good fights for a lot of people.

It was one of the better maps in the game . . . but now . . . not so much.

Must be a huge pain in the butt to add a GV spawn to hq and fix the map or HTC would have done it or at lleast,I hope they would.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2015, 08:34:40 AM »
Ok I have to ask....whats the big deal with the HQ going down? bases still flash and there is a country Chanel to find out whats going on.

Offline Crispy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thegreenmountainboys.com
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2015, 08:56:16 AM »
Ok I have to ask....whats the big deal with the HQ going down? bases still flash and there is a country Chanel to find out whats going on.

My biggest gripe about HQ going down or strats getting hit for that matter is guys putting all most no effort into it and it effects the game so much.  Guys up buff's, put them on auto climb, come back 2 hours latter and flatten strat or HQ.   They need to have it so every 10 min or so plane needs to have JS input or something.  Minimal effort should equal minimal results. but that's just my humble opinion.  It really doesn't bother me much when HQ goes down.  I think its a huge waste of time with minimal benefit.  People do it just because they love the fact it gets people's panties all bunched up.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 09:01:03 AM by Crispy »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2015, 08:56:38 AM »
I watch dar bars lift deep in enemy territory and slowly ooze toward strats and start the warnings when they are 30 minutes out.........and nobody lifts a finger to defend so it's usually me against the attack.

The whiners don't want to defend any strat because they are usually feeding enemy fighter score at a badly planned "base take" that has no strategic advantage.

The lack of dar makes it hard to find the red dots that will eventually shoot them down.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 08:58:56 AM by icepac »

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2015, 10:24:33 AM »
It's not good for new players when the hq is down. Folks that's been here a while knows where the fight will be even tho hq is down. I think it's really frustrating for new players.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline pembquist

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2015, 11:30:48 AM »
Call me a whiner but I think there are a lot of us. Its basically that two aspects of the game, (HQ strat killing, resupply,) that are fine as small parts of ordinary gameplay become onerous and dominant like a bunch of 6 year olds screaming in the back seat and ruin the drive for the rest of us.

It has less impact on base taking than simply being organized would, it's a goal to achieve sure, but it's a goal that rewards only one player. We could do a better job of defending HQ but the important word in that sentence is "job."

This discussion has already been around the block several times and it is a recognized problem that is being addressed for the moment by manual intervention when possible. HTC has to balance the game and can't just throw the baby out with the bathwater so they can't do what I would which would be to email the players knocking down HQ and tell them to lay off until the issue is fixed by some game structure update, or else. Invoke rule #999 you have to attack a specific players b17s in a Sopwith Pup as punishment.
Pies not kicks.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2015, 11:36:24 AM »
you guys are so annoying. It truly takes a lot for me to get annoyed but you have accomplished this! Give urself a damn cookie while you are at it
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2015, 12:41:14 PM »
you guys are so annoying. It truly takes a lot for me to get annoyed but you have accomplished this! Give urself a damn cookie while you are at it

feel free to leave the game.  we wont miss you.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2015, 12:57:42 PM »

Lol this dude takes advantage of the easiest aspect to AH, has only been here like 2 years and thinks he has a grasp of this game and community. Why don't you learn the game better and be better at more aspects of the game before you talk crap. Don't think you are good just because you can take advantage of the game with hardly any competition. It's so cheesy brah.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion