Author Topic: For Ack Ack  (Read 11249 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: For Ack Ack
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2015, 08:13:59 PM »
Surprised no one noticed the IAS/Altitude display in the Top L, and the flashes on the ground the guns made when he strafed the ground. :)

Was that just the 20mm, or were the .50's doing it as well?  I just want to make sure I wasn't seeing things. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2015, 08:22:28 PM »
This video makes me sad  :uhoh
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2015, 08:37:35 PM »
Surprised no one noticed the IAS/Altitude display in the Top L, and the flashes on the ground the guns made when he strafed the ground. :)

Was that just the 20mm, or were the .50's doing it as well?  I just want to make sure I wasn't seeing things. :D

The info in the top left was noticed in the update before this one. Same as the pitch indication.

Heres the link in case you missed it. Lots of good stuff popping up!  :aok  :joystick:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373429.0.html
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2015, 08:53:10 PM »
The info in the top left was noticed in the update before this one. Same as the pitch indication.

Heres the link in case you missed it. Lots of good stuff popping up!  :aok  :joystick:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,373429.0.html

Ah.  I noticed the pitch indicator, but missed the other one. :o
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2015, 02:06:22 AM »
 :aok
Top Gun

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2015, 04:01:54 AM »
As for all of the "too polished" comments; skinners are welcome to dirty them up a bit. 

For now, the polished look and effects that reflect from it, add to the feel of looking at a "real" airplane.  So, the challenge is out!  Skinners, do you have the time for some sandpaper in JUST the right  places on those shiny aluminum skins?

If I recall correctly, there is a mask layer just for the degree of shiny effects.  Come on, I don't think you really want such a great graphic update in lighting, but still stick with white and gray paint substituting for aluminum skins. 

I can imagine a ton of new detail wear effects, but to begin with, nothing wrong with showing off that brand new, fresh from the factory 'diamond'.

Thank you Guppy, I bet the little one could give us all, a lesson or two about imagination.  This photo is priceless, you can see the wheels turning in his head as he studies his reflection on the surface.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 04:13:44 AM by Chilli »

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2015, 04:43:40 AM »
For those worrying about pc specs I have an old dualcore e6600 with an ati 5850.  This version is more gpu dependant and I can get 60fps with most details on.  It is so much smoother than the current version.   How it runs in a busy furball will dictate whether I will upgrade, however all the scalable options remain and htc have gathered alot of hardware comparisons amongst the alpha group.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:45:10 AM by Bruv119 »
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Schwalbee

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2015, 06:05:28 AM »
I begin by saying that i an really excited after watching this video for the new update. But Hi-tech,if you don't mind me giving some advice, coming from a long time ww2 flight simmer who has played all the new and old sims in the genre, but am fairly new to AH, there are some things that could use some work. To begin with, Advertisement and being professional and structured. I'm not talking about commercials lol. For example, the title of this thread, "For Ack Ack" no new player or person new to AH on the forums would know what this thread is about, yet this thread is of real importance and holds value for new interested players. OK, I know it's the forum and new players won't wander  here, but there isn't even a update blog on the main website for this video. There has to be a step up in showcasing these new updates honestly. A weekly devblog maybe or some form of constant weeky or semi weekly updates to keep the community involved and interest at its peak. People don't like being in the dark and when they don't here words of anything for months at a time they feel their investment is wasted. These I feel are little things which will add up and keep old players staying and maybe new ones to come aboard. Thank you, I hope I didn't overstep my position on these forums but I am just giving my 2 cents because I want AH to continue and grow. <S>

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2015, 06:57:27 AM »
Awesome! Now the polished mirrored sections on the inboard sides of the 38 engine cowlings can be used to watch the nose gear retract, just like the real thing.

Maybe this means we'll get rear view mirror now.

Please make the HUD an option that can be turned on/off.

Keep it up! ~S~
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:33:24 AM by BuckShot »
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2015, 07:14:57 AM »
There was a study done to evaluate a polished finish on the P-51 if I remember right and made a notable difference.  From what I have read the P-38L was unpainted but not polished from the factory.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2015, 08:49:31 AM »
Is that a HUD?

Noticed that also , didn't see a direct answer to your question.  I hope it's just a debug tool.  I know the English had something in their night fighters, however, until around 1955 or so, only 375 units were produced.  It didn't exist in the American P38 during the war, not as production item.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2015, 09:03:01 AM »
Noticed that also , didn't see a direct answer to your question.  I hope it's just a debug tool.  I know the English had something in their night fighters, however, until around 1955 or so, only 375 units were produced.  It didn't exist in the American P38 during the war, not as production item.

Yes, HT is using a debug build. You will not see a HUD, or digital readouts in the corner, or commands to insta-climb to altitude, etc., etc.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »
I liked the sepia tones and the scratched plexiglass.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2015, 09:44:06 AM »
Yes, HT is using a debug build. You will not see a HUD, or digital readouts in the corner, or commands to insta-climb to altitude, etc., etc.

The hud ,IAS and Alt will be in the new version. The icon and alt are debug stuff.

HiTech

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2015, 09:48:11 AM »
The hud ,IAS and Alt will be in the new version. The icon and alt are debug stuff.

HiTech

Oh. Does that mean we will now be able to see what altitude we're at while in CM Eye mode?  :x
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals