Author Topic: For Ack Ack  (Read 10797 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: For Ack Ack
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2015, 01:09:39 PM »
I gave up trying on my MAC at work. Saw a few seconds here and there.  Looks good but had a very green hue on everything with a harsh contrast and sort of looked like a heavy bleach bypass effect on it.  Looking forward to playing the finished product!
Aspen here is the you tube video, is lower quality.

HiTech

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2015, 01:28:44 PM »
That played great!
AMAX  in game

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2015, 05:10:13 PM »
The hud ,IAS and Alt will be in the new version. The icon and alt are debug stuff.

HiTech

I thought HTC liked to keep things historically accurate? While the Brits did develop an early version for use in one of their night fighters, production was limited to 375 total units through 1955. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2015, 05:35:38 PM »
Get your scourges and cat-O-9tails right here. Cheap scourges and the cheapest 9tails, scourges and 9tails..... :t

I've got pitch forks, torches and ropes by the truck load at a good deal....... :O

Now I've got a friend who can get me inquisition robes with BIGGG hoods. The pendulum is still at the shop getting sharpened.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2015, 06:14:14 PM »
I thought HTC liked to keep things historically accurate? While the Brits did develop an early version for use in one of their night fighters, production was limited to 375 total units through 1955.

It sounds to me that he is adding this feature to accommodate game style changes. Much like the loss of the standard transmission in the GVs. It makes it easier for new players/incoming players to get the hang of the game a bit quicker, straitening out that learning curve a bit. 

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2015, 07:21:35 PM »
I'm really glad to hear that the HUD can be turned off.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2015, 07:24:30 PM »
Since he loves P38's.

The new lighting of the current alpha with a cruise through ndisles. And showing other components of the alpha.

P38 Lighting

Note Only a few gauges have been modified in the 38 vs the current AH version.

HiTech

Oh man, just got a chubbie looking at the P-38.  I really like how the cockpit is coming along with the light reflection of the glass dials and the lighting over all.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2015, 08:29:39 PM »
Oh man, just got a chubbie looking at the P-38.  I really like how the cockpit is coming along with the light reflection of the glass dials and the lighting over all.
Everything reflects! I noticed how the ground was reflected off of the engine nicely when the angle was right. Im planning on buying a monster system for long term. will be nice to crank it up on this one. The new system wont just be for AH :rock
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 08:33:11 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2015, 09:14:56 PM »
People didn't get to fly again after death in WWII either. (I.E. Your simply playing the selective realism game)

The pitch ladder and the IAS & Alt are  no different then how our stall horn works. Some things simply are more difficult on a computer screen then in the real thing. Knowing your attitude and speed are much more difficult on a computer screen then in real life, especially when flying in the vertical. Hence the addition is simply a substation for the information (i.E. Feel and peripheral vision) that you would have in real life.

Doing accurate & realistic simulation is not simply a matter of it was xxx way in real life hence it must be xxx way on the sim. Some things simply can not be a direct substitution for real life because of the lack of feed back a 2 d monitor and a spring loaded joystick give you.

HiTech

Ahhhh   ...So what your saying is we get a rear view mirror now ??...  Outstanding I knew we would get one sooner than later     :D

Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2015, 09:17:07 PM »
Wait who is Ack Ack?
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2015, 09:32:08 PM »
It sounds to me that he is adding this feature to accommodate game style changes. Much like the loss of the standard transmission in the GVs. It makes it easier for new players/incoming players to get the hang of the game a bit quicker, straitening out that learning curve a bit.

Yet skins submitted must still meet the Historical accurate  requirement?????   They just can't be a skin that a squad wants to use?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2015, 03:26:22 AM »
Cool stuff, HT. <S>

I really can't wait for beta!
I can't play the game deeply now though...

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2015, 03:37:13 AM »
Yet skins submitted must still meet the Historical accurate  requirement?????   They just can't be a skin that a squad wants to use?

Yeeeeesssssssssssss.......... unless you want to skin the shark with friggen laser beams on his head or Santa's sled.  I would say that is the appropriate  place to draw the line.  Nice try, but no correlation between the two. 

I assume that you haven't read HiTech's replies.  To sum it up, the HUD provides the same information that actual pilots would be able to gain at a glance, and should aid in the areas of flight that  simply cannot be experienced in the cartoon virtual pilot seat.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2015, 04:06:05 AM »
No, but the glance at the air speed is so much easier in a real plane,  it is almost equivalent to having to glance up to the corner of your screen in most cases. Hence why it is not in the center of the screen near your pitch ladder.

HiTech

One thing I concern about is pitch ladder - it may allow much higher accuracy in dive bombing as it would be much easier to keep the pitch steady on a predefined angle - which isn't that easy. Even Ju-87 had a special "instrument" (on a side of the cockpit) to keep the pitch withing the range.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Interceptor

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2015, 06:19:28 AM »
Look at tower control panel in video : Oh no..."HQ" ultra-realistic-awesome feature still scheduled for the new version?....Plz no.  :uhoh

Since he loves P38's.

The new lighting of the current alpha with a cruise through ndisles. And showing other components of the alpha.

P38 Lighting

Note Only a few gauges have been modified in the 38 vs the current AH version.

HiTech