Author Topic: White teenager shot in back  (Read 6436 times)

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
Re: White teenager shot in back
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2015, 08:55:12 AM »
It's the other way around with Mike Browns robbery, assaulting and grabbing the gun of the officer (and who knows after that), and of course all the looting, fires and all around hooliganism that occurred after the incident.  Like I said before, it's not a white or black thing its a wtf are you doing thing cuz i saw plenty of white people joining the protesters in Ferguson.
Don't let others drag you down with their own hatred and fear

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2015, 12:23:58 PM »
If i lived in the US i would have lots of guns not to protect myself from the North koreans but because i could.

And it would be nothing to with my constipated rights.

like it has been said if a dirty scum crimminal has a gun i would shoot him stone dead and then go make a cup tea and eat a biscuit.

Your all obssessed by colour in the US, but not particularly offened by fat people, they make my blood boil :old:

I ex wife was fat and has a enormous effect on my viewpoint

guns are also a investment.  :old:

fat people should be taxed for their stain on our heath insurance plans!  :furious

fat people are lazy and watch tv and like handouts so the government wont attack them.  :bhead

:noid

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2015, 08:58:21 PM »
I don't mind answering. Those are NOT automatic weapons. There is NO WAY for them to be. If the author of an article cannot be bothered to do enough research to understand this, and is willing enough to use words like that just to incite a reaction, then it calls into question the integrity of everything else. Clearly, the use of the word "automatic weapons" was chosen, despite being factually wrong, to sway your opinion, so how should I believe any of his other "facts" are true?

That's not accurate Serenity.  I've owned AR-15s going back to my college days in the late 70s early 80s.  While illegal you could certainly make them automatic.  And lets not pretend that folks with semi-auto ARs can't pump out the rounds in a hurry.

Those guys were in vests carrying AR-15s.  If this was about just some guy with his hunting rifle out it would be one thing.  An AR-15 in that situation is for pumping out the rounds.  They wanted to look military.  Why else add the camo to your black rifle.  It's guys like that who give the AR-15 a bad name as they're out there trying to realize their combat-commando fantasies and looking idiotic doing it.

I have always enjoyed shooting ARs, but don't try and sell it like its just another rifle.  You start sounding like the NRA mouth pieces then trying to minimize the killing power of the poor misunderstood AR-15 :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2015, 09:03:28 PM »
wasnt the ar15 sold when first made as an assault weapon?  isnt the m16 based on the ar15? maybe my mind is going out, somethings I remember from boot camp

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2015, 12:51:36 AM »
Thanks gents.

If I'm reading the comments correctly, if it's not full auto, it's not an assault weapon. So the guys in the military have the full-auto assault rifle, the guys in Ferguson have semi-auto, therefore not assault weapons but semi-automatic rifles. Have I capiched?
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2015, 01:36:32 AM »
https://www.google.com/search?q=ar-15&client=safari&hl=en&prmd=is&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMIjOL5jbalxwIVyTI-Ch375wO3&biw=568&bih=232#imgrc=7yRhHH0wmuFo6M%3A

Not an assault rifle. Of course not. Doesn't even look like one. Not a chance. Could never be mistaken. Anyone can tell. Just a pea shooter. Couldn't hurt a fly. It's just too cute. Only for hunting rabbits. The big magazine is just in case you miss... you know, 19 or 29 times.

It's like, no big deal to brandish it out in public or anything.

Zack rules. :old:
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2015, 07:39:24 AM »
Thanks gents.

If I'm reading the comments correctly, if it's not full auto, it's not an assault weapon. So the guys in the military have the full-auto assault rifle, the guys in Ferguson have semi-auto, therefore not assault weapons but semi-automatic rifles. Have I capiched?

Correct.  Many popular hunting rifles operate in a mechanically similar way to the AR-15, but presumably because they have wooden stocks and remind one of hunting with Grandpa, escape the ire of reporters and activists. 

It's also not quite as easy as you might imagine to make a semi-auto AR into a full auto.  I'm no expert, but a quick glance at the part differences tells me it's at least an armorer level job. The potential reliability issues you'd have combined with the $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison makes it kinda not worth it. 

So what are we upset with this gun toting "militia" members for?  Carrying rifles that I presume Missouri legally allows them to do and protecting private property and/or people against what recent history proved to be a not so non-violent protest?  Did anyone get shot by these gun toting crazies?  Kinda makes them not very crazy if not. 

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2015, 08:24:49 AM »
You rang? No I agree with triton, with all the rioting going on, why wouldn't you want to protect the city.  It's like hurricane Katrina, except people are actually there to help the police with the overwhelming looting/violence etc..

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2015, 08:34:34 AM »
Thanks gents.

The cops would have full auto.. at least in Massachusetts it's that way

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2015, 08:39:45 AM »
Correct.  Many popular hunting rifles operate in a mechanically similar way to the AR-15, but presumably because they have wooden stocks and remind one of hunting with Grandpa, escape the ire of reporters and activists. 

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

It's also not quite as easy as you might imagine to make a semi-auto AR into a full auto.  I'm no expert, but a quick glance at the part differences tells me it's at least an armorer level job. The potential reliability issues you'd have combined with the $250,000 fine and/or 10 years in prison makes it kinda not worth it. 

So what are we upset with this gun toting "militia" members for?  Carrying rifles that I presume Missouri legally allows them to do and protecting private property and/or people against what recent history proved to be a not so non-violent protest?  Did anyone get shot by these gun toting crazies?  Kinda makes them not very crazy if not.

How many rounds in Grandpas hunting rifle?

The mini-14 is as much grandpas hunting rifle as an AR.  Not many hunters need a 30 round magazine.  And of course an AR-15 doesn't come with a neon sign announcing its only semi auto.

Who were those guys " protecting" btw?

Again I'll say it.  I've been an AR owner for a long time.  I know what it is.  For me to go wandering around the neighborhood with it for whatever reason would be totally irresponsible.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2015, 09:01:18 AM »

"St Louis County police chief Jon Belmar, who was present during the protests on Monday, distanced himself from these claims, describing the group’s [Oath Keepers],presence as “both unnecessary and inflammatory”."
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2015, 09:46:48 AM »
How many rounds in Grandpas hunting rifle?

5/10 in the Remington 7400 pictured.  5/20/30 (pretty sure you can get 30 rounders) for the Mini-14

The mini-14 is as much grandpas hunting rifle as an AR.  Not many hunters need a 30 round magazine.  And of course an AR-15 doesn't come with a neon sign announcing its only semi auto.

Ok, so if these guys had Remmy 7400's shouldered there isn't an issue?  It's not that they had firearms, it's the magazine capacity? As for "need", you know where I'm going there.  Slippery slope personified. 

Who were those guys " protecting" btw?
  The article said they were protecting private property and presumably other people in the vicinity of the protests. 

Again I'll say it.  I've been an AR owner for a long time.  I know what it is.  For me to go wandering around the neighborhood with it for whatever reason would be totally irresponsible.

I'd say if your neighborhood had been looted as the one in Ferguson had been you'd be completely within logical bounds.  Look, I get that the people there feel and in some cases know that there's racism directed at them from the police.  Protests to that are completely within their rights and something that should be done.  Destroying things they don't own because they're mad isn't.  I really don't see how or why citizens other than the police aren't allowed to help ensure that.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2015, 09:52:49 AM »

"St Louis County police chief Jon Belmar, who was present during the protests on Monday, distanced himself from these claims, describing the group’s [Oath Keepers],presence as “both unnecessary and inflammatory”."

Ok.  Tell me what you'd have said if the quote would have read, "St. Louis Police Chief Jon Belmar, who was present during the protests on Monday, embraced the presence of the Oath Keepers, describing the group as being a "lawful, polite, and completely within their rights as citizens."

Without knowing how he really feels, I have a hunch he'd have said what he said regardless.  Police chiefs aren't usually quick to admit their departments can't handle rioting/protests when a reporter is the one asking the question.   
      -AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2015, 10:12:28 AM »
The cluelessness of folks in this thread is beyond me.

Lets make this simple.

I have two sons.  My oldest is white, my youngest is black.   I have a photo of my oldest son in a hoody and jeans holding his favorite AK47 that he'd built.  Showing that picture to the average joe, the reaction would be "Gun enthusiast".

It occurred to me when I saw that picture that my youngest son, dressed the same and holding the same gun would be seen as a 'thug".

I asked my neighbor what he thought the reaction would be and he laughed and said the same thing. 

To suggest the life of a white teenage boy and a black teenage boy are the same is just not true.  Mine have been and are being raised in the same house, same rules, same expectations.  Regardless of this, my youngest son will face an entirely different world due to nothing more than the color of his skin.

Everyone here is capable of putting together sentences so you should be aware enough to recognize the truth in that.

I completely agree

and think it is extremely screwed up...

people say that the Blacks need to get over "slavery"

the simple fact is they have been being murdered beaten and abused by the system that is suppose to protect them....simply because they are "black" and poor....more often then not even a rich black man will get treated worse then a poor white man...

they have been being abused for so long it has become common and the typical white American now believes they are getting what they deserve or the police must have been provoked to action by the thugs....and only now with massive amount of cameras are people waking up to the abuse by those in "power"
Long after "slavery" was abolished they were treated less then dogs....even right up into my life time...if people cant see how this would effect them as a race....then they are blind and cant see beyond their own nose.

that's not to say I think they should be crying "whoa is me" I Believe....it is not how many times you get hit that matter...it is how many times and with what manner you get up that matters.

Offline craz07

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2015, 10:27:53 AM »
You should see the way the individual acts before you go on grouping certain people together...  I wasn't the one selling a black person into slavery so don't blame me.. it's all on the individual or individuals that commit the acts they do..