Author Topic: Capture momentum, stealth moves  (Read 4504 times)

Offline Grin

• Zinc Member
Capture momentum, stealth moves
« on: August 16, 2015, 03:41:01 PM »
We just captured A236 on Compello via stealth carrier, with an Invasion of Tarawa scale of force. 8 or 9 LVTs, 10+ air, fully manned boat guns. After that, the plan was to take 215 and 243, but 2/3 of the force landed and left for the week-long spawncamp at 85 or other fruitless ventures, leaving the remainder to get chewed up by defense. Whole assault lasted maybe 15 minutes, with guys reupping for the other two bases prior to capture, then nothing. NOTHING. Designated Goon pilots disappeared, GV corps didn't go to 243 while the VH was downed 30 seconds before capture of 236, fighter CAP didn't come out and climb. It was as if the team mentality was "Ok, 236 is ours, don't gotta worry about nothing no more, we's done here."

All this after 2 guys spoiled the stealth by upping off the boat against 14 people saying not to do it. It's almost as if a little over half of the players on Knights at any given time are afraid to participate in base captures, set up a Command structure and receive/follow orders, do anything other than furball, or do anything other than sit at a spawncamp that's been active for 5+ days. What gives?

Maybe if President Pipz said something here and there to motivate the troops, they might not be afraid to move forward.  :devil

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Re: Capture momentum, stealth moves
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 03:48:16 PM »
Not everyone is into "winning da War". Besides aren't you "40 strong"? You shouldn't need any help.  :rolleyes:

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 04:08:28 PM »
It's almost as if a little over half of the players on Knights

There's the problem. You expect Knights to get together and win a war? You must be new to the Knights! We don't win wars, we just furball all day long and destroy Bish and Rook moral!  :devil

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 04:35:25 PM »
The 49'ers are suffering from a rather extreme version of hubris these days...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Oddball-CAF

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 04:59:01 PM »
 The plain and simple fact is it's boring and has very little impact whatsoever on the
game itself beyond getting "20 free perks" in each of the three categories; fighter, bombers, GVs.
  Every field looks identical to the next, every town, the same thing.
And the most ridiculous of all is the fact that one moop can sit in the "map room"
with a .45 and stop a 15-20 pilot attack dead in its tracks.
 There's a tactical and strategic (sophmoric) system in place in the game but it's
insufficient to hold anyone's attention for any length of time.
  So, people prefer to "furball" for their fun, or as is increasingly the case,
"spawn camp" for hours at a GV watering hole.
  Even if, as I've heard, the new airfields and town in "AH3" are pretty sweet looking,
unless the operational and strategic system gets some much needed creativity
injected into it, the fact will remain that people just get bored with captures
and acquiring "territory"...

Regards, Odd

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »
Maybe if President Pipz said something here and there to motivate the troops, they might not be afraid to move forward.  :devil

The office of president is a honorary position with no real power.  :old:

:D

Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2015, 06:37:19 PM »
What Bear said lol.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2015, 07:22:13 PM »
1. Knights don't follow orders, if you tell them what to do you will be ignored , so that so called "Command structure and receive/follow orders" thing will just get you listing to crickets in your headset.

2. you want to win wars........fly Bishop they might be more to your liking for that kind of stuff.

3. Keep crying about how the Knights dont want to play the game your way and you will be left out in the cold. Knights have each others backs in a fight, keep putting them down here and on country channel and they may look the other way when you need help......... just saying  :salute

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2015, 07:27:55 PM »
(Chuckles) 
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2015, 07:55:18 PM »
Scary how many negative attacks on people, squads, and in-game nations you see in a thread like this.

It's all apart of a sickness I have observed for quite some time within the community and ill just leave it at that.

What Grim is talking about happens we have all experienced it. Hordes work well in the scenario described above when there is carrot dangling in front of them. Normally the clock life of a horde begins to tick at the first sign of a real fight and you have to have the expectation that someone will screw it up if you start over planning and telling everyone about it.

Way to go on a nice rally! Open up 85 and bog the enemy down. Love it when my enemy and team are tied up at 85 on that map. Perfect time to grab lancs and a trusty troop driver and take a half dozen bases over 2 hours.

I learned over the years to just enjoy when everyone does come together and executes a solid attack/defense. Its how the game should be played. The rest of the time I get it done myself....

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:59:03 PM by Wizz »
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2015, 08:06:54 PM »
First off, there's no "command structure". There's nothing to enforce one if you contrive one. Unless you include a player in planning, they won't obey orders on the blind belief that some sweetheart with a 49 in his name has their  best gaming experience at heart. Nor should they.

Second any and all authority you have is based entirely on your reputation. You guys just switched Knight, and on top of that, you refused to fight the rooks for a month, shooting yourselves in the foot. You lost a lot by doing that.

Third, people only cooperate so long as the goal is in line with their personal interests. Most don't give a damn about the war, so you'll only get them to work as long as their personal interests are met by helping you. This is naturally a limited period of time, especially with your tactics.

This is why you're seeing what you're seeing. It will not change. If you want to see better results, adapt yourselves to the situation, because the opposite will not happen if you wait for 10,000 lifetimes.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2015, 08:14:40 PM »
Scary how many negative attacks on people, squads, and in-game nations you see in a thread like this.

It's all apart of a sickness I have observed for quite some time within the community and ill just leave it at that.

What Grim is talking about happens we have all experienced it. Hordes work well in the scenario described above when there is carrot dangling in front of them. Normally the clock life of a horde begins to tick at the first sign of a real fight and you have to have the expectation that someone will screw it up if you start over planning and telling everyone about it.

Way to go on a nice rally! Open up 85 and bog the enemy down. Love it when my enemy and team are tied up at 85 on that map. Perfect time to grab lancs and a trusty troop driver and take a half dozen bases over 2 hours.

I learned over the years to just enjoy when everyone does come together and executes a solid attack/defense. Its how the game should be played. The rest of the time I get it done myself....

There's your problem right there. People play this game for all sorts of reasons.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2015, 08:37:16 PM »
Normally the clock life of a horde begins to tick at the first sign of a real fight

Well, we agree on that point.

The entire reason for the game is to have the benefit of a real living person as an enemy combatant. Otherwise, why bother flying/playing online at all?
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2015, 09:47:49 PM »
There seemed to be plenty of momentum tonight.  The two high numbered sides steamrolled the low numbered side.

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2015, 10:14:48 PM »
When will you learn...to get the knits to congregate you need to tell them nothing happening here...Then they wonder why you don't want them there and they arrive in droves....they are the FOMO crowd...  Whilst there and realising there isn't actually anything going on they get a little anger on and want to destroy stuff....quite often to the point that everything is down and the flag is white...but then they get bored because there is nothing left to wreck and go somewhere else to find out that nothing is going on.