Author Topic: Beyond dumb  (Read 3453 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: Beyond dumb
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2015, 04:12:48 PM »
Ink is a adonis :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2015, 04:21:07 PM »
Ink is a adonis :old:

:rofl

you my friend are a character :aok

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2015, 04:53:02 PM »
My impression has always been that the rules of right away on a rotary have been poorly understood in the US.  For example I think that many people think that right away on a rotary belongs to the person in the rotary, except for Mass.  I just Googled it, and yep there are blog posts were people as saying about the same thing (sometimes to inc. RI).  I don't understand how this misunderstanding started.  :headscratch:

The only thing that appears to be a little bit ambiguous per law is in NJ.
The New Jersey Driver's Manual recommends that, in the absence of flow control signs, traffic yields based on "historically established traffic flow patterns",[8] and there are no set rules.[9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle  :eek:

I do not have any experience with this in NJ.  The ONLY time we are in NJ is when we are on the toll road trying our best to exit the state on our way through it.    :D

I believe that in the US there are/or were different rules about coming to a Stop vs a Yield when entering a rotary, but that is about it.  (Oh, and everyone seems calls them something different).  :angel:

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2015, 05:29:48 PM »
I keep forgetting we are neighbors  :o

:cheers:

The question is, are you forgetting on purpose?  :devil   :neener:

My impression has always been that the rules of right away on a rotary have been poorly understood in the US.  For example I think that many people think that right away on a rotary belongs to the person in the rotary, except for Mass.  I just Googled it, and yep there are blog posts were people as saying about the same thing (sometimes to inc. RI).  I don't understand how this misunderstanding started.  :headscratch:

The only thing that appears to be a little bit ambiguous per law is in NJ.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_circle  :eek:

I do not have any experience with this in NJ.  The ONLY time we are in NJ is when we are on the toll road trying our best to exit the state on our way through it.    :D

I believe that in the US there are/or were different rules about coming to a Stop vs a Yield when entering a rotary, but that is about it.  (Oh, and everyone seems calls them something different).  :angel:

In most stats the person IN the rotary has the right of way. I think the confusion around here came from Connecticut were until recently the person entering the rotary had the right of way.  I think just about all the states are on the same page now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2015, 05:43:29 PM »
The question is, are you forgetting on purpose?  :devil   :neener:

:rofl

probably all the brain cells that went up in smoke :lipsrsealed:

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2015, 07:45:12 PM »

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:39 PM »
Meanwhile in India...

No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2015, 09:02:45 PM »
That first scene looks like Boston! Their problem is they are all driving on the wrong side of the road as well as running the rotaries backwards, counter clockwise not clockwise! The other thing, I know they have sped up the video to make it look more dramatic, but around here..... thats still slow  :devil

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
The two lane wide rotary at the end of the Borne bridge on the cape can be interesting.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2015, 07:20:09 AM »
I think the confusion on right of way is that, at least here, the vehicle entering a freeway has the right of way.

Last July had an accident on the bike at one. Dumb 'female dog' in an Audi SUV stopped at the yield sign because there was a car on the far side of the circle.  :bhead :bhead

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2015, 07:29:41 AM »
, at least here, the vehicle entering a freeway has the right of way.

Where is "here".
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2015, 07:57:11 AM »
Ottawa Ontario

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2015, 08:37:55 AM »
Ottawa Ontario

Strange, I would have thought that you guys would have taken your queue from the English or the French.

(I think they are both right-of-way with driver in the rotary).

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Offline PR3D4TOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2015, 11:19:50 AM »
(I think they are both right-of-way with driver in the rotary).

That makes more sense to me. Makes so that everyone in the rotary is not prevented from exiting, preventing the rotary from becoming 'constipated.'
No gods or kings. Only Predator.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2015, 12:19:59 PM »
I wonder how many Mensa members have backed up in a rotary... IQ tests do not merely test "brain speed", but many mental disciplines like abstract-reasoning, arithmetic, vocabulary, knowledge etc. A problem a 120 IQ mind would solve in a minute a 75 IQ mind could spend a lifetime failing to figure out.

Not sure if you are disputing my statement or (in bold) confirming exactly what I said.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.