Author Topic: Patch 72  (Read 653 times)

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Patch 72
« on: September 03, 2015, 01:45:16 PM »
New patch up!

Cloudy, with a chance of meat heads!
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Patch 72
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »
Looks terrific.   :D

I get a weird screen flash occasionally. It goes away when I turn post lighting off.

Attached pic is a prop issue in AH film. I haven't seen it live.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:03:55 PM by FLS »

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 02:55:38 PM »
I wish I would have filmed that as well.  But I didn't.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 03:44:05 PM »
At 10k plane flashes bright blue when you cross the alt in either direction up or down.  Can almost see a thin bright line if flying level @ 10k.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 04:18:16 PM »
I wish I would have filmed that as well.  But I didn't.

Here you go. It's not real exciting.  :D

Fun flying though.  :aok

Film

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 04:19:38 PM »
crash to desktop after ndiles loads offline. I see the map then crash.  I loaded the waffle map then all was well.

?where are these clouds i downloaded. I could not find the setting offline or any clouds online.

Offline Mato

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 04:32:28 PM »
crash to desktop after ndiles loads offline.

Same here.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 04:52:26 PM »
Mode 1024
All graphic's defaults ON.
Alpha AA set to first notch.

Upped near the HQ on the Euro 2015 map and climbed to 20k through the clouds. FPS 14-20 and nothing I turned off including AA gave back more than 1 FPS. Same in the capture the flag map arena.

At exiting the Euro 2015 arena, exe error to desktop. No exe problem with the capture the flag arena cloud test of climbing to 20k and flying in the clouds on exit from the arena.

Above 10k, clouds kept shifting between being billowy and rotating series of shaded lines in the center mass area of the cloud graphic. Disabling Bump Mapping does remove the clouds but, FPS stays 14-20.

Euro 2015 map, I don't think rivers have shore breakers like the sea shore.
-------------------------

Hmmm, I did screen shot the cloud lines.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 04:56:43 PM by bustr »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 05:36:15 PM »
Stack section missing at the top on forward destroyer viewing from left gun and up.  Thought I got a picture but did not.

Firing 5" got an occasional fire flash as if we steamed through it.  Could get it to repeat every time.  If it was meant to be that way it is pure cool.

Spawned on the CV with an F4u4 and went into drink one time during the spawn but could not get it to repeat.

PT still not available from CV.  I am guessing it is being worked on.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 05:47:45 PM »
clouds look nice.  i had my frame rate go from 30-40 down to low teens and bottom out at 7 as i dove my 163 from the top through the cumulonimbus cloud.   :banana: fun stuff.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »
working fine dispite the low frame rates

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 06:15:39 PM »
Still getting some random bullet splash bow\stern of CV with some walking the for deck of the CV. Post lighting is still treating the Icons like a game object instead of the Icon staying solid red. Turning off post lighting stops it. After 30 minutes offline, trying to exit, game hung. Ctrl-Alt-Del for task manager and the exit completed itself without having to kill the process.

Sometimes when oiling both P38 engines in the drone circle, the smoke trails will be truncated to half their normal length. Seems to happen randomly. With this alpha version I've finally watched a drone on full zoom micro warp in the drone circle while shooting at it. More likely a micro hang of the game while I was in zoom.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 06:18:49 PM »
after rolling if you change any graphics setting it gets rid of the canopy and all reflections.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »

Terrain Editor bug.

In this version I noticed reflections of the CBM showing up in the water. Screenshot attached with some of the reflections circled.

In-game Graphics settings
1920x1080
No Anti-Aliasing
4096 Texture Size
Auto FoV

Graphics Check Boxes
1 Enable Anti-Aliasing
All LOD sliders to max, Gamma at default
All LOD Check Boxes OFF

Also, in-game offline, CM-Eye throws me into a random location instead of in the center of the current field.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2015, 10:56:17 PM »
Updated to Patch 72, all went fine w\o a hitch...................

Went into Alpha using Video Settings AA slider set to None (to use the FXAA exclusively) w/ textures set @ 4096.

Went in game in Graphics Detail all objects detail, distance detail & tree detail sliders set to full right. EM set to 1 & Gamma set to 1.2.
All check boxes to disable graphics features are unchecked except for "disable other plane's skins", in flip section all checkboxes are checked so all lighting effects & FXAA are enabled....

In Capture the Flag arena...........

On runway all good w/ FPS in 54-59 range.
Fired up me ole Spitty Mk IX & went up....started getting random white screen flashes & some light stuttering but game stayed playable w/ FPS between 48-58. Climbed to go into the new clouds....white flashes started getting a little more active while the stuttering got less but game stayed playable w/ FPS dropping slowly as plane got closer to the cloud layers............

Entered the cloud layers....white flashes slowed in appearing w/ FPS down to 33 but game was still playable w/ practically no stuttering visable. FPS held here until plane started breaking thru the cloud layers then slowly started climbing as plane gained distance from cloud layers eventually getting back up to 59-60 FPS w/ white flashes getting very random w/ light stuttering as when I lifted off runway.

Started dropping alt to go back thru cloud layers...the white flashes started to get more active along w/ the stuttering w/ FPS dropping back down but they didn't drop back down to the 33 FPS range this time....hanging around the 42-44 FPS range but game stayed playable thruout.

Once I broke thru the cloud layers again the white flashed started getting more random, stuttering getting less w/ FPS starting to go back up as plane gained distance below the cloud layers.............

Lined up on runway & landed plane w/ random white screen flashes & light stuttering w/ FPS between 52-60 but game was very playable.

Exited back to tower to exit game, hit the quit button & here is where the game hung for approx. 1 1\2 mins then just went to the desktop....got no CTD or anything resembling any error occurred.............

Went back into the game........game started back up normally to tower, hit the quit button again & game shut down normally.

All seems fine but when I checked my vid card vitals in AB I noticed that the GPU speed didn't clock back down to the 300Mhz as it normally does........it was still hung at 733Mhz-832Mhz.

Opened BBS to type this report....checked AB & GPU is still clocked up at mentioned speeds.

Gonna close all out & restart box to see if all resets.......................

Clouds looked good but if I may say so, they looked more cotton ballish to me at distance but when flying thru them they looked more realistic.......

Liked how they blocked the sunlight rays & how the sunlight rays reappeared as plane broke thru the cloud layers...........nice!

Back to the grind..................

PS--Once I closed BBS & shut down IE.......GPU clocks dropped back down to normal 300Mhz range. Opened IE back & opened BBS & GPU clocks went back up to 732Mhz-832Mhz steady...............must be MS Aero picking up or thinking it's picking up some 3D content.................

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:07:09 PM by Pudgie »
Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd