Author Topic: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.  (Read 8524 times)

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2015, 12:29:09 PM »
With all due respect, sir, I don't run from you. In fact, here's the current tour record:

My kills (18 total):
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=89&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=28&kname=Skyyr
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=LilMak&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=102&kname=Ryyks

Your single kill:
http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/newscores/diedinp.php?playername=Skyyr&selectTour=LWTour188&pindex=42&kname=LilMak

So no, I don't run from you and have no reason to, unless you attempt a typical 2v1 or 3v1 (even then, I typically extend and kill you one by one, as seen here). I don't post any of this to inflame or even insult, I post it simply to set the record straight and to show that I actually don't run from combat, as I fly entirely for the purpose of fighter combat.

I'll state what I always state: if you feel that my kills on you are unfair, then you're welcome to go to the DA and we can have a same plane, co-alt, co-E duel - that's as fair as it can ever be. No interruptions, no friends to help, no ack to run to - nothing but your plane and your skill. There's nothing that I enjoy more than an balanced duel. You can even pick the planes. ;)

That being said, bailing out of a fighter to avoid a pure 1v1 when the sole purpose of upping the fighter was to find combat seems rather... unproductive. To each his own, I guess.

Speaking of challenges when are you going to accept my Ice Cream eating competition? I realize that it can be intimidating to go up again the 2015 Ice Cream eating champion so I'll even let you have a 10 minute head start if you'd like.

:salute

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2015, 12:30:31 PM »
This thread is not about running.....its about running and bailing when caught.........we all run at some point to gain position when at a disadvantage or out numbered.......but if caught we fight it out...win or lose....running and then bailing when caught to prevent giving points is as lame as it gets in a combat flight sim game...... :old:

ummm....no. :aok

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2015, 12:38:36 PM »
Real talent Jinx  :salute
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2015, 12:39:57 PM »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline jimbo71

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2015, 01:11:21 PM »
Speaking of challenges when are you going to accept my Ice Cream eating competition? I realize that it can be intimidating to go up again the 2015 Ice Cream eating champion so I'll even let you have a 10 minute head start if you'd like.

:salute

xxxJCxxx

Skill, Altitude, Airspeed: You need 2 out of 3...

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2015, 01:15:25 PM »
we all run at some point

I don't recall ever running, I will extend with in around 2K or 1.5K and reset, but don't recall ever running, if you got proof I have run post it....

edit: let me quantify this, I do know how to perform the rolling retreat, it's where whomever I am winging with kills everyone chasing us..... best one ever, that I can remember was Ren, DFA and I and we all landed over 8 kills each........

Skyyr, want to duel any? just some friendly practice, someone I hold in high regard said you have really gotten a lot better.....lets have a go at it, hell, I'll fly by your rules even, Sir....

TC
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 01:18:03 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2015, 01:31:38 PM »
I don't recall ever running, I will extend with in around 2K or 1.5K and reset, but don't recall ever running, if you got proof I have run post it....

edit: let me quantify this, I do know how to perform the rolling retreat, it's where whomever I am winging with kills everyone chasing us..... best one ever, that I can remember was Ren, DFA and I and we all landed over 8 kills each........

Skyyr, want to duel any? just some friendly practice, someone I hold in high regard said you have really gotten a lot better.....lets have a go at it, hell, I'll fly by your rules even, Sir....

We've actually fought a few times recently (last fight was a few weeks ago), but I'm always down for a good DA session.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2015, 01:34:23 PM »
Timid F4u ... I would say its jaro but the guy bombed so it must be one of jaros kids.  Not suprising considering that team leader subscribes to SGT magazine and is their number one contributor.  Another good example of the vile muck that pollutes the knight team.  Fly Bish kill knight dweebs (mostly knight F4Us). 

Funny story I was flying to a knight base and I see a full dar bar over their field.  I assume its another knight playing their classic style of circling over their field gaming salt to pounce on whoever is willing to waste their day flying into the fighter dweebs.  I call on 200 is that a circle jest or do you call that defence?  This guy jaro replys "did you take it?".  Yea us two fighters were taking your base, toard.  As I cruise in at twelve k for the 10 on 1 fight here comes a f4u 8,000 feet above me circling his field.  I make for the hill and drag the players to a canyon to try even the odds.  I loop around the ground avoiding the a6m, yak, and 109 on my tail with the 20 k yard f4u trying to dive in as well.  The f4u has so much e he can't maneuver in the canyon and the other three are trying their best.  Finally, the f4u gets his shot on target and I loose flight .  Jaro got me .  Good base defence bud.  :old:

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2015, 01:48:14 PM »
We've actually fought a few times recently (last fight was a few weeks ago), but I'm always down for a good DA session.

hmm....we did? if we did you wasn't flying under "Skyyr" and you just gave yourself away, not that I really care,  heck, I;m known for using shades as well......

but sure, lets hook up and duel, I am free most all the time.... lets duel as Skyyr vs TC, though......if you don't mind ( I already figured out your other gameid )....

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2015, 01:50:44 PM »
I already figured out your other gameid....

It wasn't supposed to be a secret ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2015, 01:57:05 PM »
It wasn't supposed to be a secret ;)

ok then, Killbot....

I'm in my scotch right now, want me to fire up one of "My computers", and go to the DA? I am currently upgrading several PCs in the home......

TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2015, 01:58:57 PM »
ok then, Killbot....

I'm in my scotch right now, want me to fire up one of "My computers", and go to the DA? I am currently upgrading several PCs in the home......

TC

Close! But, I won't be on for several more hours (still at work). If you're on around 8-9PM CST, I'm game. ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2015, 02:00:40 PM »
I won't be on for several more hours. Still at work. If you're on around 8-9PM CST, I'm game. ;)

rgr that, just shout at me, if I'm not online, you got my home number, I think..... I;m not drinking to drink, just flooding the pain  is all...

looking forward to tonight, Jon...

TC

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2015, 02:03:18 PM »
I only have one tidbit of proof for my case.

"I am Skyyr. I am Damned.
Never. Ever. Turn."

You follow that to the letter whenever you get caught at a disadvantage. Now I can understand extending as well as anyone can. Extending 15-30 miles isn't extending. It's running.

I will grant you your duel on two contitions. 1. You stop selecting training wheels in the hangar for a six month period. 2. You stop pretending you know everything for a six month period.

Until such time. You simply aren't worth the effort and I will call out what I smell as you shovel it.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2015, 02:10:55 PM »
I only have one tidbit of proof for my case.

"I am Skyyr. I am Damned.
Never. Ever. Turn."

You follow that to the letter whenever you get caught at a disadvantage. Now I can understand extending as well as anyone can. Extending 15-30 miles isn't extending. It's running.

I will grant you your duel on two contitions. 1. You stop selecting training wheels in the hangar for a six month period. 2. You stop pretending you know everything for a six month period.

Until such time. You simply aren't worth the effort and I will call out what I smell as you shovel it.

come on Lil Mak, Skyyr has come leaps and bounds since he arrived back in '13....... he actually does have some very good traights..... I have fought Skyyr, straight, 1'2 lit, drunk, and even on my pain medication, Skyyr and Kruel even, do give a straight up fight.... from my experiences.... I got films, not that any of it even matters... Skyyr has really improved, He didn't even call me out on my HO shot on his alias, even I was told who it was from the beginning in a certain event.... so he has growed leaps and bounds in my eyes....

TC