Author Topic: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.  (Read 8522 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: Quote of the day - Sad state of affairs.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2015, 02:14:57 PM »
I only have one tidbit of proof for my case.

"I am Skyyr. I am Damned.
Never. Ever. Turn."

You follow that to the letter whenever you get caught at a disadvantage. Now I can understand extending as well as anyone can. Extending 15-30 miles isn't extending. It's running.

I will grant you your duel on two contitions. 1. You stop selecting training wheels in the hangar for a six month period. 2. You stop pretending you know everything for a six month period.

Until such time. You simply aren't worth the effort and I will call out what I smell as you shovel it.

So you're criticizing me for not fighting from a disadvantage when I have the option? That's relatively laughable, for two reasons: 1) The first being that you started on my six for about 8 of those 18 kills and were reversed in seconds (I'll post the films for you on my channel), and 2) the second because you're basically saying "Skyyr can fight when it's even, but he won't fight when it's not even."

Anyone who would criticize any other player for not fighting them from a disadvantage is a hypocrite, because by definition they themselves are starting with an advantage and are therefore not at a disadvantage.

I'll agree to those terms if you win. If you lose, well... ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »
Mmm, I love the smell of video game drama. Smells like BO and farts.
See Rule #4

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2015, 02:34:40 PM »
The first time I fought Skyyr, a few years ago he quickly ditched twice before The kill was awarded.  The day ended  4-2 ..Skyyr on losing side.. 
They were fun fights..
Then he posts a video on YouTube edited to show  his glorious victory..
......laughable.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2015, 02:50:11 PM »
The first time I fought Skyyr, a few years ago he quickly ditched twice before The kill was awarded.  The day ended  4-2 ..Skyyr on losing side.. 
They were fun fights..
......laughable.

Jed, do you feel like calling me out, sir? I am "Damned" and "I will Turn" ........ I don't think Frenchy, Nomde, or any other FG56th will mind if you called me out....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
They were fun fights..
......laughable.

I wasn't playing a "few years" ago. In fact, these were some of my first fights against you (completely unedited, btw). ;)

Guess FESS' post about running and bailing really resounded with a certain squad.  :rofl
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:57:06 PM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2015, 02:57:30 PM »
I wasn't playing a "few years" ago. In fact, these were some of my first fights against you (completely unedited, btw). ;)

got to admit, they learned real quick to back their toejam up......(
 yes that got quafhed, ) they learned to back up everything....as I always have done in every flight....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2015, 02:58:42 PM »
got to admit, they learned real quick to back their toejam up......(
 yes that got quafhed, ) they learned to back up everything....as I always have done in every flight....

TC

Yep.  :aok
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2015, 03:10:46 PM »
Yep.  :aok

hehe.Skyyr bro, just knocked of 1/2 gallon of scotch got another 1/2 gallon and a 5th of Jamieson on the way....might not be good to meet to night, but I am game, if you are.???? I don't give a S, right...

TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2015, 03:37:05 PM »
I understand Fess, brother!......

this is really how I feel...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vwHuCC6nP8

hehe..............

it only matters , about, What You Give......

TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2015, 04:11:34 PM »
well crap, I
 figured I'd get a reply by now.......

I guess that is the way it is, or the way it goes..... ( another Tesla song, btw )

TC

Offline Jed

• Copper Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2015, 04:18:39 PM »
Don't know of anyone in the 56th who would bail...
 A few, meaning 2 or more. Say around 2 or when ever you started .
And If the videos show you ditching a few times, then it's the same fight I was talking about and I am glad you still have them.

I am HUB.  And I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »
And If the videos show you ditching a few times, then it's the same fight I was talking about and I am glad you still have them.

Honestly, Hub, I am sure you do not mean you are aiming your unimpressed at me, Sir..... and I'm sure you know, you don't know what you got til it's gone!.....

I'm game in the DA anytime, no matter my condition, I think many know I have a high tolerance for alcohol...

always friends

TC

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2015, 04:26:23 PM »

I do!  :devil

Video is nothing special, it shows the typical 56th vs Damned action. Lots of 47's diving into a 4v2, 2v1, 3v1, etc... with lots of blown-up P-47's. You collided with me while I was blacked out, after I had shot down Frenchy and B2B. That's likely what you mistook as a "ditch." Never fear, you died shortly thereafter. ;)
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2015, 04:27:56 PM »
So you're criticizing me for not fighting from a disadvantage when I have the option? That's relatively laughable, for two reasons: 1) The first being that you started on my six for about 8 of those 18 kills and were reversed in seconds (I'll post the films for you on my channel), and 2) the second because you're basically saying "Skyyr can fight when it's even, but he won't fight when it's not even."

Anyone who would criticize any other player for not fighting them from a disadvantage is a hypocrite, because by definition they themselves are starting with an advantage and are therefore not at a disadvantage.

I'll agree to those terms if you win. If you lose, well... ;)
As usual you missed the point. Or simply ignored it. Or twisted it to fit you're view. First, put the training wheels away for six months, then we'll duel. I don't think it's possible because your bruised ego wouldn't be able to handle it. If you can't run then you might actually HAVE to fight. But you simply don't like to lose which is why (no matter how many times you kill me 18-1 or 1,000,000-1) my 1 will always mean more to you than all your wins. You've demonstrated that on multiple occasions by the way you tantrum your way to revenge when I do catch and kill you.

Sorry for the derailment of the thread Fess. Yes bailing in lieu of fighting is pretty lame.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2015, 04:30:18 PM »
Be humble,
Skyyr..... please. I know we haven't seen eye to eye, over the past year or two.....but uphold the "Damned" name please......

please don't attack Frenchy or Hub....

TC